Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a short term adventure holiday for those that can afford it, to live like a homeless person temporarily. It's a weird thing when you think about it.....

MOO.

Interesting. I have never seen it as homelessness rather than freedom. You can be right in nature, free from social media, wake up with the birds, without a plan, and all that for relatively cheap as compared to hotels.

But the interesting part to me is that some vanlifers that want to get away from it all then have a social media channel.

I think there are many different types of campers with many being in the middle of extremes. Camping with a stocked fridge is completely different than camping in the wilderness. Many campers have heaters, gas cooking options etc.

Another thought that struck me is that there are many reserves within hiking distance of where the Mustang was found. He could very easily have hiked into the reserve, then that night hiked to another reserve with his backpack -- possibly one where supplies had been dropped earlier. If he had a gun (has the gun case been confirmed???) it was probably for self-defence or a last resort.
I was thinking that too. On the map it looks like you could go very far without running into much civilisation.

Chase Campbell on Twitter
Just spoke with Josh Taylor, the PIO for the City of North Port about the search for #BrianLaundrie -If you haven’t seen a lot of activity from us video-wise around the reserve, it’s because this search is not using as much manpower. Very targeted search (1/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chase Campbell on Twitter
-He couldn’t give an estimate of how many people were searching in the reserve today because it’s “fluid… teams coming and going”. This isn’t the broad-scale searching that’s gone on for the last week. Law enforcement has specific areas they’re concentrated on. Stay tuned (2/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

MOO

It’s standard practice, I believe, for the date when the coroner arrived on the scene to be put in the records as the date of death. In normal cases, this works fine. In a case like this, not so much. In any case, I think that the Funeral Home just got their information from the death certificate.

I thought in order to issue a death certificate one has to provide manner and cause of death. Maybe I'm wrong, not sure.

Thank you! This answers a lot of questions. Takes out the possible shove and accidental fall onto rocks theory.
Not only that... We all know that it takes several minutes to strangle someone until she dies. MINUTES. Not like firing a weapon, and then thinking..."Oh, I wish I hadn't done that." But it's too late.
With strangulation, the perpetrator can stop before the victim is dead. The perp feels the victim in his hands -- this woman he said he loved... If he doesn't stop, and completes the act, that's first-degree murder. Period. You had a chance to stop, but you did not. Grrrrr.

I have a question about this, and have talked myself in and out if asking it and figure what the heck...
Is it normal for young men to use Pintrest? My kids are in this age group and this is NOT something that interests them in the slightest, and they love online things. If odd (or not), does this give any additional insight into Brian? If this has already been explored, please remove or ignore!

To me, it is also more odd. The majority isn't men. But of course they do exist. MOO

Interesting. I have never seen it as homelessness rather than freedom. You can be right in nature, free from social media, wake up with the birds, without a plan, and all that for relatively cheap as compared to hotels.

But the interesting part to me is that some vanlifers that want to get away from it all then have a social media channel.

I think there are many different types of campers with many being in the middle of extremes. Camping with a stocked fridge is completely different than camping in the wilderness. Many campers have heaters, gas cooking options etc.
Huh? Vanlife = homeless. No. A true vanlifer (which neither Petito or Laundrie were) Has a home... their van/truck/trailer/whatever. The rise in VanLife - certainly on the West Coast of the US & Canada - began to rise as rents rose. Further, as digital freedom came into play, there is/was no longer any reason to have to live in a single locale to work. I agree, it's not for everyone... but homelessness?... no.

Interesting thought. I wonder if they can narrow down a list of numbers based on location data, and then see if any of those numbers track along the GPS data for either vehicle? Man, the world we live in makes it so hard for someone to hide.

Not only that... We all know that it takes several minutes to strangle someone until she dies. MINUTES. Not like firing a weapon, and then thinking..."Oh, I wish I hadn't done that." But it's too late.
With strangulation, the perpetrator can stop before the victim is dead. The perp feels the victim in his hands -- this woman he said he loved... If he doesn't stop, and completes the act, that's first-degree murder. Period. You had a chance to stop, but you did not. Grrrrr.
When my 16 year old nephew hanged himself from the garage rafters - we rushed over as the detectives arrived. The coroner arrived minutes later. The detective came in and told us they were sure he had a chance to stop his own death at some point from the way his body and the barstool were found. So it takes a minute…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper