Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought in order to issue a death certificate one has to provide manner and cause of death. Maybe I'm wrong, not sure.

MOO

The coroner provided ‘manner of death’—homicide.

They withheld ‘cause of death’ until further testing is done. That’s fairly common, and I’d think that they’ll issue an amended death certificate when they’re ready.

But in any case, the basic requirement for a death certificate is a dead body. Consider cases you’ll see on WS where skeletal remains are found and there’s no indication of manner or cause of death. It’ll end up as a death certificate that says ‘undetermined,’ or words of that sort.

MOO

yup. around 10 years ago it took a month from when i turned all the stuff in. now renewal time and they say 3 to 4 months but the $60 expedited charge is required to get best turn around.
I took my sister who is 76 to the New Orleans Passport Office and we got her first passport overnighted to her . Took 2 days.

There were people getting theirs that day....most had one already (not like us ) and theirs were active but were expiring soon and they would be in another country when it expired and not realized you cant travel like that... Learned something .

As a “very online” 20-something woman, I can say that pinterest usage would be unusual for some of my male friends, and normal behavior for others. It’s a personality thing, not generalizable. It doesn’t raise any red flags for me. Especially given his interests. Pinterest is great for planning (like ideas for what to make in the van), informational/instructional things (like “how to” videos), and aesthetic stuff (like art). It’s for saving things to come back to later. The “future planning “life goals” looks like it was her board that he subscribed to, probably on her request.

I don’t find it “odd” like others in this thread. My male fiancé had a Pinterest around that age (23yr) that we found the other day and it had tons of ideas for tattoos and like pictures of cool treehouses. And we’ve just created a shared one for wedding planning that he’s actively added flower arrangement ideas to.

It’s also very normal for guys of that age to scoff at pinterest and think it’s “girly” or “lame” but I do know many masculine normally socialized men who have used Pinterest to collate their aesthetic or ideas on certain things. It’s the best and most popular of the sites to do anything like that and you can learn quite a lot from it. I suspect people in the van life and art communities specifically would find a lot of useful information on Pinterest. It would definitely be weird for some people but I have no reason to believe it’s abnormal in general or says anything deeper about this case or about brian…

I do not think his pinterest means anything, as I stated in a previous thread. People pin things when they’re bored and scrolling, I think it shows a glimpse into his interests and personality and nothing about this case.

I was actually impressed by how organized it was. My Pinterest is all over the place so it looks like he may be actually a pretty organized person, at least in that sense.
Thank you so much! Very helpful and insightful (and so well balanced)! Much appreciated!

There is one in Orlando
only a few blocks from the library. Same Day Passport Orlando: Passport Renewal Near Me | Thepassportoffice.com

I was referring to government offices. Miami is the only one in Florida as the link you provided states. I provided the government link with all agencies listed for the entire country.

There are private companies like the one in the above link all over the country. How well (and if) they deliver varies greatly.

Edited to add: I'm not really sure it matters anyway. If BL got a passport in his own name, I don't see how that helps him much. If he had fake documents good enough to get a passport in a fake name, why not just buy a fake passport? So in his haste to get away, I kinda doubt he ran to passport office of any kind--gov't or private.
JMO

MOO

If BL did leave the house on the same day that GP’s death was ruled a homicide (Tuesday), he, his parents, and the lawyer would surely know that a warrant for his arrest would come at any time. Is it possible that he slipped out in the Mustang at night after media and onlookers were gone for the day?

Is it possible that BL’s parents only knew about him taking a hike with only his backpack and without his wallet and phone because he left them a note saying where he went, then looked through his things?

What might a lawyer advise at that point?

These parents were very protective of BL. They kept him from speaking to anyone at all. They likely flew him home after the Moab incident. I believe they did that because they were concerned about the incident and probably knew the pattern of BL and GB fighting then taking breaks from each other. Their son needed a break. So they gave him one. Multiple friends and family knew this pattern.

So the parents are protective. They find him gone on Wednesday morning. Maybe he left them some kind of note. They are worried because he only has his backpack. There is no way to get in touch with him. They call the lawyer. None of them want BL to speak to anyone. Maybe he is even suicidal at this point. They go off looking for him but only find the car. They leave it there hoping he will come home, but he never does.

I think they think he is dead. They first report him missing to the lawyer. But they wait to file a report with NPPD until the lawyer advises them to do so. What might have been happening legally at that point that they would have been advised to make the report?

IMO
He was gone the Tuesday BEFORE they found Gabby's body.

I just don't see Brian as a sort of McCandless/Kazinski type, living off the forest, off the grid, all alone, month after year.. communing with the 'outdoors'.. polishing his manifesto.

I see him more as a sort of mickey mouse camper, in the vid clips, she is even undoing his granola packet for him, while he does 'yoga'...

And yet how long as he evaded LE/FBI? A “mickey mouse camper” would’ve been caught in 48 hours IMO

That’s essentially a scanner… purposeful, of course, but most effective when in conjunction with already solidified info…

My measured and reasoned speculation is that they have captured an IMSI of either a phone known to be BL's, or that the IMSI matches up to a pre-paid phone that was only very recently activated, meaning the cellular provider has only seen that IMSI on their network since, say...early September, and that can be traced back as sold to him along his route home or possibly purchased in North Port.” (bbm + underlined)

… aka a lead: proof purchase… trace… reason to believe it’s Brian’s… etc. those things are all still pretty much required for that scanner to lead investigators anywhere worthwhile. because eventually those dots need to be connected anyway. without a lead of any kind i imagine someone is just going through and narrowing down a long list of IMSI numbers and chasing tails hoping for the best. But to go in blind like that (scan first, connect the dots later) is not the best strategy IMO. Because like I said, eventually they’ll need to connect the dots to whoever they're looking for in some way and by time they narrow it down the person with the device in question could have already moved on to the next location. /jmo

Let's say they have identified a phone that they think might be with him. Would they be able to track that phone even when it's turned off, or could they only track it when it's on? How precisely and consistently could they track the phone? I'm just wondering, if they're tracking a phone in the reserve, why they haven't found it yet, whoever has it.

JMO

Let's say they have identified a phone that they think might be with him. Would they be able to track that phone even when it's turned off, or could they only track it when it's on? How precisely and consistently could they track the phone? I'm just wondering, if they're tracking a phone in the reserve, why they haven't found it yet, whoever has it.

JMO
If the phone were powered off, then no, there's no way to track it.

Thanks for that heads up.. I appreciate it. Now I wonder if he planned to kill her in a National Park, on Federal land for that reason.. less prison time. !! would I be right in assuming then that any sentence he served ( assuming he declines to follow Walsh advice ) would be in a Federal Prison, like Leavenworth, say??
If he was in a fit of anger, he wouldn't care where they were, IMO. Just do it.

For those of you interested...BL's current Federal charge has him facing what may be a 28 month sentence. Under ordinary circumstances (without being compounded by additional felonies) and having no prior criminal record, his charge could be reduced to a misdemeanor or entirely eliminated if his lawyer offered restitution, an apology and payment of a fine. The amount of the theft could also mean a reduction in the sentence. With proper council, BL could receive fines, an order of restitution and probation. BL would go home to serve out his probation.
With this in mind, it makes absolutely no sense that his current lawyer would encourage or allow BL to go on the run, or that his parents should encourage the same. BL has NOT been charged with any other crime. The current charges could be easily handled and resolved. The madness surrounding this entire event is the fault of the Laundries' lawyer who has created an environment where each lost moment of resolution jinns up public fury and works to vilify his clients even more. His job is to rehabilitate his clients in the eyes of both LE and the public. He hasn't made a move to do this. In doing so, he's chiseled away his clients' credibility across the board and opened the door to an evolving and dangerous environment for them. One of the worst lawyers I have ever seen.

Here's a link to Facts on Federal Credit Card- Fraud Charges.
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ations/quick-facts/Credit_Card_Fraud_FY16.pdf
Well, they all are fully aware that the credit card charges are just a way to hold him until the murder case can be built. Common practice to do it that way. At this point, BL is not concerned about his credibility. IMO

Gabby Petito's funeral Sunday; Brian Laundrie manhunt continues (jacksonville.com)
[...]

The reserve is very wet and has little food or safe drinking water, said local survival expert Mark Burrow. Black bears, panthers and clouds of gnawing insects also populate the reserve, he added.

"If he's down there in the Carlton Reserve, he's living in hell," Burrow said.

Authorities are using a specialized diver unit, dogs, drones and ATV vehicles to search the park.

"It is currently waist deep in water in many areas," North Port police said in a Facebook post. "This is dangerous work for the search crews as they are wading through gator- and snake-infested swamps and flooded hiking and biking trails."

[...]

IMO LE is not releasing the details of the 3 day camping trip because it has direct relationship to their case. Not one person has come out saying they saw this family over those 3 days, nor has media released footage of BL after this timeframe. I think this plays a major red flag for their timeline and is direct evidence of BL’s location(s). But it still begs the questions why are they searching the reserve so hard? Why are they not releasing this bit of information? How do these connect? Especially if they are not searching other locations so hard as they are the reserve?

I think we’ll see more information released on Monday if they haven’t found him. They’re at the stage that they are going to need the public help to keep his face in the media and the only way to do that is release of more information. Even here on websleuths traffic to this thread has drastically slowed.

JMO
No, not if it’s been turned off. They’d only be able to track it to it’s last pinged location and it can only ping a location if it’s turned on. If they’re tracking a burner phone in the reserve it had to have been on at one point. Like let’s say the phone is in the swamp… it’s 100% dead and not emitting any signals. But if it was on before it went under then they’d know it’s there from the data, assuming they have the data as that’s the last read on it.

I know some people think they might be tracking Gabby’s phone to the reserve but that’s highly unlikely for the reasons above. If only because we know from the warrant her phone has been shut off since Brian returned to Florida so it would absolutely not ping there even if he had it on him. Unless he turned it on while he was there, which is insane to think he would. Then again this whole thing has been pretty insane so it’s not impossible.

/JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members