Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chase Campbell on Twitter
Just spoke with Josh Taylor, the PIO for the City of North Port about the search for #BrianLaundrie -If you haven’t seen a lot of activity from us video-wise around the reserve, it’s because this search is not using as much manpower. Very targeted search (1/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Chase Campbell on Twitter
-He couldn’t give an estimate of how many people were searching in the reserve today because it’s “fluid… teams coming and going”. This isn’t the broad-scale searching that’s gone on for the last week. Law enforcement has specific areas they’re concentrated on. Stay tuned (2/2)
11:54 AM · Sep 25, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Interesting. Closing in?

I'll preface this by saying I live on an island, ferry is our only means of without an ID., to fly to the mainland requires an ID. Are there any ferry services around BL's home? Could he hide in a car trunk?
My friend always said if he wanted to commit a crime he'd leave the island , then return in a disguise, commit the crime, leave again in disguise and then return as himself. Yes, that's a lot of planning but could water travel be an option for BL?

High speed ferry between Key West and Fort Myers-Sanibel-maybe other Fla SW towns.

I have a question about this, and have talked myself in and out if asking it and figure what the heck...
Is it normal for young men to use Pintrest? My kids are in this age group and this is NOT something that interests them in the slightest, and they love online things. If odd (or not), does this give any additional insight into Brian? If this has already been explored, please remove or ignore!
As a “very online” 20-something woman, I can say that pinterest usage would be unusual for some of my male friends, and normal behavior for others. It’s a personality thing, not generalizable. It doesn’t raise any red flags for me. Especially given his interests. Pinterest is great for planning (like ideas for what to make in the van), informational/instructional things (like “how to” videos), and aesthetic stuff (like art). It’s for saving things to come back to later. The “future planning “life goals” looks like it was her board that he subscribed to, probably on her request.

I don’t find it “odd” like others in this thread. My male fiancé had a Pinterest around that age (23yr) that we found the other day and it had tons of ideas for tattoos and like pictures of cool treehouses. And we’ve just created a shared one for wedding planning that he’s actively added flower arrangement ideas to. But I will say I feel like the Pinterest era was heavy a few years ago and maybe it’s more unusual to use it now. Idk since I am a few years older now. But it’s one of the only sites of its kind so for specific uses I think it still gets a lot of use by all types of people for all types of purposes.

It’s also very normal for guys of that age to scoff at pinterest and think it’s “girly” or “lame” but I do know many masculine normally socialized men who have used Pinterest to collate their aesthetic or ideas on certain things. It’s the best and most popular of the sites to do anything like that and you can learn quite a lot from it. I suspect people in the van life and art communities specifically would find a lot of useful information on Pinterest. It would definitely be weird for some people but I have no reason to believe it’s abnormal in general or says anything deeper about this case or about brian…

I do not think his pinterest means anything, as I stated in a previous thread. People pin things when they’re bored and scrolling, I think it shows a glimpse into his interests and personality and nothing about this case.

I was actually impressed by how organized it was. My Pinterest is all over the place so it looks like he may be actually a pretty organized person, at least in that sense. And his collections seemed consistent with his known interests, I think he used it for that specific purpose and that doesn’t raise a single eyebrow for me.

Last edited:
Edit: I miss read so this is just a repeat of what you just said

The FBI has been assisting this case from the beginning. They began leading the investigation after her body was discovered.

https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1438614950382026755?s=21

MOO

I think that one of the major reasons that they were part of the case from the beginning is that it was extremely unclear who would have final jurisdiction over the case. If a state—which state?

Had she disappeared in Wyoming?
While traveling to Yellowstone?
On her way to California? (the infamous Yosemite text that no one believed, but would be a great excuse for getting the FBI in.)
Or, did she disappear somewhere, anywhere, on the route back to Florida? Her card was used in multiple states—at the beginning, I’d think that it was not certain whether those uses were a sign of life, or something much more sinister.

And from the beginning, phone records, and location of phones looked as though it would be very important—and that’s definitely where the FBI’s skills would shine.

And of course, when her body was discovered, then the FBI certainly takes over.

MOO

I have a question about this, and have talked myself in and out if asking it and figure what the heck...
Is it normal for young men to use Pintrest? My kids are in this age group and this is NOT something that interests them in the slightest, and they love online things. If odd (or not), does this give any additional insight into Brian? If this has already been explored, please remove or ignore!

I’m 34, and Pinterest has been around since I was about BL’s age or a bit older. I have never had any desire to use Pinterest. I don’t know any other younger men who use it. I guess it could be useful to “pin” certain things but it is uncommon and maybe at least somewhat odd.

The dispatcher said a male was hitting a female. The officers arrived, and then just did whatever.
Yes, I remember the first reports we heard were of a male assaulting a female.

However, police were only able to get in touch with the other witness who said he did not see BL hit Gabby.

Brian skirted around the question when asked about grabbing her by the face and pushing her, and after talking to both, the officers determined she was the aggressor.

After that, the whole reason for the call seemed to be forgotten about. Until the 911 call was released, that is.

IMO

I'm not home at the moment to dig in, but I've been thinking a lot this morning on whether the attorney had had communications with BL. While we may never know the exact date he was retained, I'd be interested to know if he was retained to represent BL AND parents; if so, were they retained at the same time?

@Alethea or one of the other guys can weigh in because this is where I'm going with this: as a general rule, attorney-client privilege is waived when a third party is present. Now, the parents speaking to the same lawyer is covered by certain spousal privileges anyway, BUT even if he was retained at the same time, the parents aren't defendants on the indictment; therefore, if he had any discussions with BL AND the parents, wouldn't privilege be waived?

I'm not home at the moment to dig in, but I've been thinking a lot this morning on whether the attorney had had communications with BL. While we may never know the exact date he was retained, I'd be interested to know if he was retained to represent BL AND parents; if so, were they retained at the same time?

@Alethea or one of the other guys can weigh in because this is where I'm going with this: as a general rule, attorney-client privilege is waived when a third party is present. Now, the parents speaking to the same lawyer is covered by certain spousal privileges anyway, BUT even if he was retained at the same time, the parents aren't defendants on the indictment; therefore, if he had any discussions with BL AND the parents, wouldn't privilege be waived?
Great question!

@Barbie619 wrote:

"...When I went to the NYC passport office I received my blue passport that same day. It wasn't for an emergency reason, life or death reason, it was a available service without an appointment, a walk in I guess you could call it."

But the NYC office does not use NYC rules. It is a US Passport Agency. Not all states have those as they aren't state offices. According to Passport Agencies

These offices now handle ONLY emergency or urgent travel requests. Appointments are required. Maybe it wasn't always that way but it is now according to the federal government.

"Our passport agencies and centers offer two types of appointments: Life-or-Death Emergency Service and Urgent Travel Service. You must call us to make one of these appointments. Follow the steps on how to apply on each agency and center webpage."

Urgent travel means the applicant has to prove with travel documents that he/she will travel internationally within 3 days. Life or death is dying relatives, funerals, etc. Documentation is required for that too. Appointments are required.

It seems highly unlikely BL did any of that. The only passport agency/center in Florida is in Miami.
There is one in Orlando
only a few blocks from the library. Same Day Passport Orlando: Passport Renewal Near Me | Thepassportoffice.com

I’m 34, and Pinterest has been around since I was about BL’s age or a bit older. I have never had any desire to use Pinterest. I don’t know any other younger men who use it. I guess it could be useful to “pin” certain things but it is uncommon and maybe at least somewhat odd.

He spent so much time with her, if she did use pinterest, it's likely he just started his own.

For those of you interested...BL's current Federal charge has him facing what may be a 28 month sentence. Under ordinary circumstances (without being compounded by additional felonies) and having no prior criminal record, his charge could be reduced to a misdemeanor or entirely eliminated if his lawyer offered restitution, an apology and payment of a fine. The amount of the theft could also mean a reduction in the sentence. With proper council, BL could receive fines, an order of restitution and probation. BL would go home to serve out his probation.
With this in mind, it makes absolutely no sense that his current lawyer would encourage or allow BL to go on the run, or that his parents should encourage the same. BL has NOT been charged with any other crime. The current charges could be easily handled and resolved. The madness surrounding this entire event is the fault of the Laundries' lawyer who has created an environment where each lost moment of resolution jinns up public fury and works to vilify his clients even more. His job is to rehabilitate his clients in the eyes of both LE and the public. He hasn't made a move to do this. In doing so, he's chiseled away his clients' credibility across the board and opened the door to an evolving and dangerous environment for them. One of the worst lawyers I have ever seen.

Here's a link to Facts on Federal Credit Card- Fraud Charges.
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ations/quick-facts/Credit_Card_Fraud_FY16.pdf

I can't grasp how this one attorney can represent all of them. Seems to me his best advice to the parents would be to attain a lawyer for themselves separate of BL.

MOO

If BL did leave the house on the same day that GP’s death was ruled a homicide (Tuesday), he, his parents, and the lawyer would surely know that a warrant for his arrest would come at any time. Is it possible that he slipped out in the Mustang at night after media and onlookers were gone for the day?

Is it possible that BL’s parents only knew about him taking a hike with only his backpack and without his wallet and phone because he left them a note saying where he went, then looked through his things?

What might a lawyer advise at that point?

These parents were very protective of BL. They kept him from speaking to anyone at all. They likely flew him home after the Moab incident. I believe they did that because they were concerned about the incident and probably knew the pattern of BL and GB fighting then taking breaks from each other. Their son needed a break. So they gave him one. Multiple friends and family knew this pattern.

So the parents are protective. They find him gone on Wednesday morning. Maybe he left them some kind of note. They are worried because he only has his backpack. There is no way to get in touch with him. They call the lawyer. None of them want BL to speak to anyone. Maybe he is even suicidal at this point. They go off looking for him but only find the car. They leave it there hoping he will come home, but he never does.

I think they think he is dead. They first report him missing to the lawyer. But they wait to file a report with NPPD until the lawyer advises them to do so. What might have been happening legally at that point that they would have been advised to make the report?

IMO

I thought in order to issue a death certificate one has to provide manner and cause of death. Maybe I'm wrong, not sure.

The pronouncement of death and the official death certificate are 2 different things. Often in cases of unattended death, you don't get the death certificate for several weeks even months pending an autopsy report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth