Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting, in the full video, Cassie states Gabby's family have not reached out to her.

Yet many on these threads have been stating Gabby's family tried contacting BL, his parents and Cassie.
So one word against another as no evidence provided to back either up.

I still think BL could have blocked Gabby's family numbers on his parents phones so they never got calls or texts.

He did. Also scratches on right side of his neck, and nails marks on his left side and red mark on his right arm. She had a scratch and red mark on right side of jaw. LE took photos.

That is why LE came to the conclusion that did, and of course the matching statements by Gabby and Brian. Brian also admitted to them BOTH getting physical.

It is a long video, and we have in and out listening...so helps to view multiple times or you miss things.
This is an outstanding transcript of the call cited with the recording. It goofs up a few times, but is searchable and I found it helpful. If not allowed, PLEASE remove!!!
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Agree, though one point: he is wanted for fraud in an amount >$1000. That is not just one stop for gas. [A few people in a prior thread noted that the estimated cost to take that van from Wyoming to Florida would be ~ $270-330.]
Yes, I agree. Thank you. I just didn't want To go into that much detail in my post.

agree but it could be useful for exposure . maybe not the right kind but who knows where he is hiding?
Could well be hiding among a group of Doug The BH's fans?

I believe that the national media will move off of this story any day now if no new big developments occur, so if anything, Dog will generate a bit of interest over the weekend when there is no breaking news and it allows another way to keep BL's picture out there nationally.

I said this in a previous thread but want to re-up it due to the conversation coming back full circle here.

I find the bodycam footage from 14:25 to 14:44 to be very interesting and confusing.

“She got a little worked up and she had her phone in her hands and her keys and everything — no not her keys, her rings — she had her rings, her phone, and I was holding on to the keys because I didn’t want her to go anywhere. My big fear is I don’t have my phone and I don’t really, I don’t have a phone, so if she goes off without me I’m on my own.”

1- Did he just mean his phone was in the car so if she drove off he wouldn’t have it? Because at 55:24 he takes his phone out of his pocket….so I assume he couldn’t have meant he didn’t *have* a phone…?

2- The keys/rings confusion made me do a second take. Could that story be a little backwards, and he was sort-of projecting *her* fear that he would leave her stranded (as the other police record states that she was afraid he would leave without her) and twisting that, gaslighting in a way, as if that was his fear, instead? Perhaps she did have the keys first and he grabbed them from her and threatened to leave which caused her to start freaking out.

I just find that fishy, and am just trying to make sense of that language, because it immediately seemed deflective/defensive/over-explanatory to me (MOO), and upon further review still feels a little ‘off’ when I continue to listen back. Like he couldn’t get his story straight. It was the FIRST discrepancy I noticed when I listened to the video and it stuck out to me immediately.

It could also be a simple innocent mixup of words in a stressful situation with police.
Yes, I had the same impression of him projecting her fear of being stranded onto himself. I think he did take the keys from her in order to lock her out of the van.

I doubt very much he was that afraid of being left on his own without a phone. He may have feared not being able to control her, but he seems to have plenty of experience surviving on his own.

IMO

Agreed, but if her time of death can be established, and their phones can be traced in a manner that suggests he sent the messages, it would be excellent circumstantial evidence, as he never reported her missing, imo.

I believe the last text message on the 30th will be BL's undoing. He had to be on the road on the 30th in order to make it back to Florida by September 1st. So where ever he was will be located at the tower it pinged off of.

FBI probably know this already since they established his timeline and how he was using her debit card after her death. If BL ever see's the inside of a courtroom, I think we will all be shocked by what the FBI has known that we don't.

I didn't word that well. The highly unlikely theory meant they may have talked about how to handle a possible break up, GP would picked be up by Yellowstone girl and return to FL with her. He goes back with van. He leaves to marinate on this in sadness, hiking/camping and returns and she isn't there. He figures it may have already happened (the leaving with Yellowstone girl), waits for a while without any contact and figures she is super super angry. He gives up finding her and leaves...then, we'll, I already wrote all of that possibility. Just a possibility, mind you. Highly unlikely and if we can rule any of this out, it helps narrow our focus.[/QUOTE

What is it about BL that you think he is not capable of killing her or do not want him to be her killer?

If brian is found deceased or is never found, how much information will be released to the public (regarding the homicide) without a trial?
Possibly, if parents wind up being indicted, we would learn more from affidavits...but I think they would, in that case, prefer a plea deal to a public trial. Just speculating. jmo

No. He stalks off from campsite because they’ve been fighting. When he returns, she’s gone. She had told him she’s leaving. Maybe even taunted him as how she could do it. So he jumps into van snd heads home. Unaware that she is dead 200 yards from van. It’s not a likely scenario, IMo, but MOO, possible. He clearly left the campsite alone as he was found and given a ride going back to it at least twice. Unless there is some evidence that can point directly to BL as the one who killed GT, there are such possible scenarios. That’s what the fed prosecutor has to prepare for
BBM
Thank you, @jamicat and @tiara1972 for sharing an alt theory to BL killing GP. I agree with you and others that this is a low probability scenario, but I feel as prudent sleuthers, we must always be flipping the proverbial coin around in our minds. And given the scant amount of directly incriminating evidence that BL killed GP, there is room for other options. So I am going to take a spin, as I think I did many threads ago, but this time building off of your ideas.

So here is an "Alternative" scenario, all IMO.

8/27
:
  • This day was a breaking point for GP after the ugly scene at the Texmex restaurant.
  • Back at their campground on the side of the road, GP tells BL they are done.
  • In a rage, BL packs and leaves for a hike to clear his head and avoid doing something bad to GP (leaves his flip flops outside the van for his return).
  • GP is left in the van alone and may be the one closing the back of the van door as the Vloggers drive by 6/6:30pm - she just wants to be alone.
8/28:
  • Sometime during this day or evening, GP goes for a walk alone across the river basin towards where she was found
  • A nefarious character has been watching GP, perhaps since they were seen in Jackson Hole or from SM postings, and he stalks her
  • The stalker catches up with GP, she has no defenses and he kills her (perhaps raping her first, sorry... I don't know if forensics could do a rape kit).
8/29:
  • BL returns to the van via his hitchhiking rides - the story he has told the drivers is true, as others postulate could be the case... "he just needed a break".
  • BL cannot find GP and comes to the decision that she has actually left him... this would have to presume he does not process information like most people.
  • BL decides to wait for another day but believes he might as well head home if she went home... this would require a suspension of normal social expectations.
8/30:
  • BL blindly, naively, and foolishly leaves the Tetons for home. He uses her debit card and van without concern
9/1:
  • BL arrives home, tells his family GP left him and he blissfully returns to his life there, mowing the lawn, going for a trip, like nothing happened
Then all hell breaks loose and BL and his family realize something is very wrong. He looks guilty as all get out. NY family lawyer says stay quiet... then tells BL to get out of dodge and hide... Hide until the FBI completes their investigation and finds you did not kill GP. And so the family rallies around BL and helps him hide.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member