Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it a welfare check pertaining to Gabby, since that was her residence before the trip? jmo
IMO. I think so. We’re told that on the 11 th LE was denied access and given attorney info. I wonder what transpired on the the 10th. Were LE at the house? Did they gain access? What did the see? As of now report is redacted

She was in fear for her relationship, for her business, for her life. Somehow her saying "why are you so mean" to him, one hour later became "sometimes I am mean". She was terrified what he would do to her later.

After watching that encounter various times, the most important sentence he said jumped off the page...." I gave her time... " So, who the crzp is HE to give HER time? Her van, her business, she was the heart of that duo. Yet by that time in their trip he was in charge of her van, her phone, her computer time, up to and including whether or not she could enter her own van as her locked her out and tried to abandon her on the street. And he was purposely dirty just to show he could do what he wanted, because it would hurt her "LITTLE vlog"

Listen to that tape again....he admits to threatening her with a public scene in Moab.

Just watch the film without sound. How very creepy, the camera frequently catches him laughing, head tilted back with his whole set of teeth showing from the inside. That was not "smiling" that was chortling, braying like a donkey. (Nothing against donkeys).

Now zoom forward, resume sound, and watch the last part where he is nearly berserk in the back seat of the squad car, unbroken stupid things pouring from that bizarro. The cop, while reassuring Brian that there are women like that in his own family, finally in frustration breaks into BL's manic monologue to say, hey you're not in handcuffs are you?

Yes, him talking really rubbed me the wrong. As if she is this object to control. Throwing her out of her own threatening to leave her on the side of the road. Telling her what to do and what not to do. His entire personality during that screamed abuser, but LE didn't hear that at all.

It would've been me slapping him across the mouth speaking to her like that. Yes Gabby was probably slapping him in response to all of his physical and emotional abuse and would snap back at him, and probably laugh at her. He is so typical, nothing special, just a garden variety abuser.

I have been mulling the situation with the Laundries over and over in my head.

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on this, particularly from parents..

RSBM

I know that if I had been aware of the Moab incident and maybe even a subsequent one, I would strongly advocate to my adult son that it is time to come home. And stay there. And maybe even start therapy. But once he left again, against my advice, it would really depend on what he told me about what happened.

3 private planes are flying over the search site right now. I think it's interesting.
Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map
Keep an eye on them for us Grandma. Idk how to read them. Oh, I wish I wasn’t so sentimental and emotional. The older I get, the more I laugh and cry. Right now, I’ve tears rolling. I just keep thinking of her family and friends sitting, watching, listening, smiling, crying… this day and every day forevermore.

I’m guessing neither of you are vegetarians?
It can be really difficult to find vegetarian food in some areas. At best it’s small cafes and juice bars. Finding a hot full meal vegetarian style isnt easy. Most people who live vegetarian often note places that have what they need and will travel to get to them. I just googled “vegetarian food in grand Teton” and got very few nearby results that wouldn’t require a 30+ minute drive.
I think they were at Merry Piglets. It’s has a reputation for having great vegetarian options and is often a place that non veggies will tell vegetarians if they ask where they can go.
That’s why I have been there.
My statement isn't just about vegetarianism. I've stated other thoughts about why I don't think they were there. And yes, I used to be a vegetarian. We all understand it's a difficult lifestyle, but again, that's not the only thing we're referring to.

OR, per my generous post, they thought she flew back and made the mistake not to follow-up on that, got a lawyer when they realized she was missing, had already gone on trips and regular outings prior to finding out she was missing because, well, they were still living their normal lives before a nightmare struck.

Not saying it IS the case, but it IS a possibility.
To add to this, BL could easily have concoted a re
3 private planes are flying over the search site right now. I think it's interesting.
Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map
N461TC is a flight training aircraft.
FLORIDA FLIGHT TRAINING CENTER INC

doug-and-police.jpeg

(AP Photo/David Zalubowski)
Is that someone’s reflection at the door or is there someone in there?
Dog the Bounty Hunter shows up at Brian Laundrie’s family home in North Port, knocks on door | FOX21 News Colorado
That shot isn’t at the house. It is a store or restaurant. Notice the sign hanging.

Yeah, I never heard of a single federal government office that skipped a beat (or paycheck) during the pandemic... personally I can guarantee my friend who works for the State Department never missed a day. In fact he got overtime.
The Federal agency where I work was totally shut down. We all missed checks. We got them later once the govt opened. If you didn't have money set aside, you missed payments for insurance, etc.

Just look for the eyes. You can't miss them. Very droopy and distinctive. The prominent nose as well, but the eyes....

Amateur opinion and speculation
Yes, exactly! Just google him and look at all of the pics. IMHO, he is recognizable regardless of hair color/length, hat, and beard/no beard. And those ears... Someone will spot him as soon as he pokes his head out. Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas were found in a tiny cabin in a very remote area of CA when they ran out of money and food. If BL is alive, and I am betting that he is, I imagine him in a similar situation - holed up in a tiny cabin with a diminishing supply of food. Tick Tock. MOO :cool:

I have been mulling the situation with the Laundries over and over in my head.

Are they inherently bad people? Are they remorseful about not responding to GP's family? Are they putting on a brave front the second they step out of their front door but absolutely falling apart behind scenes away from the cameras? Is their reaction - completely void of all emotion - indicative of them being cold hearted sociopaths, or are they trying to keep up some steely resolve so they don't go to pieces?

I have a complete kaleidoscope of emotions regarding them! My gut feels SO angry at them, but then I think are they doing what any parent would do?

I'm not a parent, but if there's one thing I hear often from parents it's:

"I'd do anything for my child"

"My children are my world and come before everyone and everything"

"I'd die for my child/take a bullet for my child/go to prison for my child"

Where do we draw the line between a parent's natural instinct to protect their child, no matter what, and doing the right thing in the eyes of the law, the general public, and the grieving, pleading parents of your child's missing girlfriend!?

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on this, particularly from parents..
Parent here, responding from my perspective. I say these things, but I believe that what it means (to me) is I would do anything for my child to live a full, happy, healthy life. I want them to be good people.
In the face of danger or struggle, I would do anything to help them. I will love them unconditionally, but that does not mean I will accept or excuse poor behavior from them; it means I DO hold them accountable for their actions because I believe in their goodness and ability to be functional, good, moral humans. Love is not blind, IMHO.
I can't know what these parents' experience of their kid coming home was, but I guarantee you that if my child was in this situation I would not be enabling them in any way. Supporting them to find a lawyer and mental health team? Probably. That's my job because I raised them and whatever problems they have/cause I share responsibility in (to a degree). But what the Laundrie's appear to be doing is not normal parenting, and it's not even love if you ask me.
Eta: I often tell my littles "I love you too much to allow you to behave this way," and I feel like that explains what I'm getting at here.

RSBM

I know that if I had been aware of the Moab incident and maybe even a subsequent one, I would strongly advocate to my adult son that it is time to come home. And stay there. And maybe even start therapy. But once he left again, against my advice, it would really depend on what he told me about what happened.
maybe I've missed it....have they even said " please turn yourself in, we love you! ".

Taking 4 days to say he was missing, and 5 days to give the story of the mustang, indicates they know he is as safe as he can be. Imo

IMO. I think so. We’re told that on the 11 th LE was denied access and given attorney info. I wonder what transpired on the the 10th. Were LE at the house? Did they gain access? What did the see? As of now report is redacted
HMMM...Gabby's mom said on the 48 hours show that she could not talk about their attempts to talk w BL's family (paraphrasing). If the incident report is redacted, it is likely evidence being protected. Interesting. JMO

I agree with what you're saying about this being the typical stance with these "type" of people, but I do honestly think he's an exception. He strikes me as the type who built his identity off of these beliefs and this tended to make him staunch about it. This thought also lent itself to make me have another thought that I stated; if he did acquiesce and go to the restaurant, he would have been sitting there stewing about how he was sitting among inferior pigs. This would have had him building into a rage. MOO

A lot of thoughts on this one.

That was kind of my thought. That he possibly agreed to go but was also very annoyed by it. Or an extra was charged to the bill and he was mad about “corporate greed” or some such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88