Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean but it depends on the man and on the woman and their circumstances. Some men are grown ups with a wife and children when they're 21. Some take until 35 to be as mature as a woman who's 20. I'd really speculate that BL, living at home with the parents, never having had to do a single adult thing in his life (except get a job at Publix), probably had the maturity of a 13 year old boy. I got that from the body cam video and his artwork too. It's very immature to be copying other people's art and trying to sell it. That told me he knew nothing of copyright law and didn't care regardless.

From the videos I saw Gabby seemed to me both career-driven as well as kind of naive. Not putting her down at all, but something in her life had made her too trusting. And despite her initial optimism, their trip could not have ended worse or sadder than it did. A more experienced young woman would have left BL to wallow in his own ego a long time ago. JMO
Agree with your points. But to be fair, 23 & 22 yo right now, post-covid, are in a new & tough situation. College grads of 2020 were seriously thwarted in finding career jobs, with shut-downs, diminished staffing, and companies going out of business. Things aren’t better for the class of 2021. Same ol’ shortages plus competing against class of 2020 as well as their own. I am seeing this first-hand with my recent college grad kid. Highly competitive resume & the jobs just aren’t there. So has kept the college job, where she earns more than some other out-of-field entry job. She lives at home. No lack of maturity- just dealing practically with the current state of economy.

No idea if BL went to college or planned to go. But can’t say adults who work at Publix & live frugally as needed are immature. This is not an easy time for young adults. And nothing to do with relationship immaturity or the impulse to murder someone you can’t control. Imho

Was BL complaining about the price? They are usually on the menu. What do you think made him angry?

As other posts have said, it could have been anything. But I do know since COVID some restaurants charge "surcharges" or add on mandatory tip charges and aren't always upfront about that. And on another thread I believe someone posted a Yelp review about the restaurant saying the reviewer was charged for a large item of some sort instead of the regular size (and he said he didn't order a large or even know he got a large ) Some Mexican restaurants charge an absurd amount for sour cream or an extra tortilla. So who knows.
Edit: JMO, of course.

I have occasionally wondered if Gabby paid for most of the expenses on that trip.
Even from 10,000 klms away, Estelle, I 'd almost guarantee that she paid, he bludged, she paid the big bills and the little bills, she did the cleaning, he did the manly stuff like sitting round waiting to be fed, she did the navigation, he did the moaning and whining...

G U A R A N T E E D.

Idk Ik its not a popular opinion but I thought given the circumstances the cops handled it well, particularly the cop whose body camera we see the video from. I think many are falling for the hindsight 20/20 effect, what the officers only knew at the moment was that it was a young couple who got into a bad fight that started to get physical, it happens all the time when people get so fed up they gets handsy its hard to predict that it would eventually result in a homicide...

I think what many are failing to see is the information on the 911 call was completely ignored as evidenced in the body cam and police report. If anything that info tells us in hindsight that this call was handled incorrectly. LE was required by law to make an arrest or issue a citation. They didn't even do that correctly.

Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female

From what LE was saying at the scene, it sounded like what would have happened was that she would have spent the night in jail because it was after hours and BL couldn't go to the courthouse and say he wasn't interested in pressing charges. The officers were saying to him that he could just go get her in the morning and then go to the courthouse to say he wasn't pressing charges on his way out of town. But that she had committed a crime against the state and that she would still probably have to appear. This is all from memory, so I could have part of that wrong. But I don't think she was going to be asked to post bond.
never heard the word bond...just the instructions to go in the AM and put it all to bed.

Great observations, IMO. I wish so much that Gabby's mother had said, Dump this guy for awhile. Go date other guys,... see what else is out there. I think Gabby and BL were so familiar with each other they had some co-dependency going on, were so used to how they treated each other it no longer sent up any red flags, if it ever had. People can get used to bad behavior in long relationships.

Yeah, LE needs to be trained in being gaslighted by controlling men who take over situations and divert blame, but you would think that would be part of their training already. It's just so common.
As I said, seems that poor judgement is the thread that connects virtually every single individual involved in this matter. Plenty of “blame” so-to-speak to go around… nobody seems to have exclusive rights to it.

From what LE was saying at the scene, it sounded like what would have happened was that she would have spent the night in jail because it was after hours and BL couldn't go to the courthouse and say he wasn't interested in pressing charges. The officers were saying to him that he could just go get her in the morning and then go to the courthouse to say he wasn't pressing charges on his way out of town. But that she had committed a crime against the state and that she would still probably have to appear. This is all from memory, so I could have part of that wrong. But I don't think she was going to be asked to post bond.
And that she would have to be fingerprinted. And that he could go hiking with her van or pick his nose for the next day or 2 while she was in jail. After they had a 911 call reporting him beating on her FIRST. So what was he before the alligators got him....160 lbs? And she.....100?

He left that incident knowing he could smooze his way out of woman beating, speeding, reckless driving, evading the police, grand theft auto, lying to cops, just about anything at all. He was on a roll.

Oh, all sorts of things. Maybe he didn't know he'd need to pay for the extra tortilla that he got with his fajita, or thought the coke refill would be free. People get out of sorts for all sorts of stupid reasons when they are in restaurants.
Or thought the meal should be comped since he was "engaged" and all. (Rolls eyes)
MOO

Exactly. They did all that was in their powers to do. GB and PL were adults - LE cannot and should not be expected to babysit them. It's simply impossible. To do this would require LE staff numbers to increase at least 7 fold. Impossible.
Again. The police officer did not have to sympathize with him and laugh when he called her crazy. He did not refer the report of a male hitting a female. He was extremely unprofessional IMO.

I think the article that came out today clarified that the officers did not follow the law. Regardless as to who had been arrested, GP or BL, it appears that under Utah law they may not have been allowed to continue their trip based on the law here and cited below. What the officers said on the bodycam video was not according to the law.

(1) (a) Upon arrest for domestic violence, and before the person is released on bail, recognizance, or otherwise, the person may not personally contact the alleged victim of domestic violence.

2011 Utah Code :: Title 77 Utah Code of Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 36 Cohabitant Abuse Procedures Act :: Section 2.5 Conditions for release after arrest for domestic violence -- Jail release agreements -- Jail release court orders.

Do we know if it was her parents Gabby called from the DV stop? Her mom or her dad? Those who have listened to their interviews- have any of her parents said they talked to her at that time?
I did not hear anything in interviews on MSM. but seriously I rely on WS for my news, not MSM. However, when the officer was speaking to her he said (around 47 minutes) something close to i'll let you get back to your parents (paraphrasing) , she had phone in her hand so now your post makes me wonder if she was speaking to parents and IF they heard what the officer said to her. Good point you made.

Yes, but what you're saying doesn't matter. This isn't about emotions - tell me as the prime LE sheriff what you would have advised your officers to do with this couple?
Book him for speeding and talk to him about hitting women, disregarding all his talk of her craziness, her little blog, her disobedience to him etc, all that nonsense, and concentrate on the issues of law violation... even in Moab, or where ever the slapping round took place, it cannot be a city statute that a bloke can whop a woman a few times , and casually drive ( speed ) away, surely>>??

Last edited:
I think the article that came out today clarified that the officers did not follow the law. Regardless as to who had been arrested, GP or BL, it appears that under Utah law they may not have been allowed to continue their trip based on the law here and cited below. What the officers said on the bodycam video was not according to the law.

(1) (a) Upon arrest for domestic violence, and before the person is released on bail, recognizance, or otherwise, the person may not personally contact the alleged victim of domestic violence.

2011 Utah Code :: Title 77 Utah Code of Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 36 Cohabitant Abuse Procedures Act :: Section 2.5 Conditions for release after arrest for domestic violence -- Jail release agreements -- Jail release court orders.

No one was arrested.

So John Walsh, Dog the Bounty Hunter and this Florida cowboy feel that this search site is a red herring.

"McEwen, who has been assisting North Port Police Department in searching the preserve for signs of Laundrie, remains doubtful the Youtuber has what it takes to make it more than a couple of days in the swamp-like reserve.

"I’ve been in the woods in and out all my life … I have learned a lot in my life, and one thing I know is no one is gonna survive out there for two weeks on foot," McEwen said.

Since Laundrie reportedly entered the park nearly two weeks ago, torrential rainfall has left the area flooded with waist-deep water, leaving the parking lot where Laundrie is said to have left his car unrecognizable.

"Unless he’s got a butt like a duck and can float, he’s not in there," McEwen said as he gave Fox News Digital a tour of the submerged area in his swamp buggy."

Gabby Petito case: Florida cowboy says 'no surviving' swamp where police are searching for Brian Laundrie

I told my daughters; a good relationship will make you want to be your best self. The relationship between BL and GP seems parasitic. He drained energy from GP, he created demands on her time, he supported her success only to the point that it benefited him, he created messes that she tried to clean up, he diminished her in the eyes of others and wore her down. While others may see what is happening, I think it can be very difficult to recognize you are in a parasitic relationship, especially if you are isolated from friends and family. When you realize that you need to fight, you are too weak to win. In nature, it is not in the best interest for a parasite to kill the host, because they both end up dying. The parasite would need to find another life to support it.
May you fly high Gabby, with renewed energy and spirit.

[bbm]
dbm

ETA: never mind - another poster explained it well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics