Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The alleged camping trip was prior to Gabby being reported missing.
I'm a tad confused so but I'm often date confused.
I thought they went camping 11th, that was the day she was reported and hadn't there been some 'interventions' aka incidents before then?
What date did her Dad first attempt to report it?

Really? The camper shell thing that was on the stand in the driveway is gone now? THAT is interesting.
It's still there. Go to Brian Entin's twitter.
It could have been a rental too IMO. We haven’t seen it since, or ever really
Are you talking about the camper in the Laundrie's driveway or the van that Gabby and Brian used?

The alleged camping trip was prior to Gabby being reported missing.
Are you sure about that? There seems to be two dates for that trip. Not sure which one is true, but, to me it does not matter. They knew that he came home without Gabby and in her van with her possessions and we now learn using her money. What did his parents think had happened? Most parents would be a bit anxious in that situation, IMO.

I thought they went camping 11th, that was the day she was reported and hadn't there been some 'interventions' aka incidents before then?
Her mom tried to report it on Long Island on the 10th. The report was eventually accepted on the 11th. I don't know whether it was the PD on Long Island, or the PD in North Port that took the report and whether it was her mom or her dad who was successful in getting the police to accept the report.

ETA: The missing person report was accepted by the Suffolk County Police, on Long Island, on Sept. 11th: Parents Of Missing Long Island Woman Gabby Petito Issue Tearful Plea For 22-Year-Old's Safe Return Home

Last edited:
Yes. I can't believe that the parents actually went camping when the police were looking for Gabby and he came home without her. The FBI was wanting to interview them and their son and they just pack up for a camping trip? Most people would be eaten up with anxiety and they go camping?
I thought the neighbor said they went camping about a week after Brian returned home on September 1st, assuming they went away for a long weekend. Did she specifically say it was 9/11? That was the day Gabby was reported missing and I thought they had been back for a few days.

This is what we have on the timeline:

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1

Sept 2 -9: ?

Sept 2/3 or 9/10 - Neighbor spots BL outside mowing and bike ride with his Mom

Sept 2?-4?- neighbor says family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Incident with Gabbys Dad -redacted police report Links her Dad to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with BL and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM

I've been following this whole circus for a while, and I think BL is indoors somewhere. My father was a real outdoorsman, and BL just doesn't look to me like he has the experience, the skills or the wherewithal to stay out in the rain and mosquitos and muck for very long, and I absolutely cannot see him bringing down a deer. I think he's somewhere with at least the comforts of the van -air conditioning / heating, clean bedding- with laundry services and other amenities nearby.
Take a look inside their van. Compared to the items required to survive for any length of time, that van and it's contents look like amateur hour. Vegetarianism? You have to have an extensive knowledge of edible plants in order to maintain any semblance of health. Ingestion of the wrong plant can have you so sick you'll wish your mother never met your father.

Appalachia? Guess what! Winter is coming! The Russian Winter helped defeat Hitler and endless, snowy days will turn slim, trim, Brian into a skeleton. Its hard to maintain your vegetarianism when there aren't any plants to vegetarianate with. Just snow, maybe a bit of lichen and bark. Brian would have to experience a meat epiphany, which means making cooking fires and where there's smoke - there's Brian. Next on the list - sport hunters and locals who depend on their hunting to feed themselves and/or their families. Some of them will shoot at anything that moves.

Next. Replenishing supplies. You have leaving your lair to burglarize local homes and farms or stealing into town, rounding up produce and dragging it all back into your forest den. Whoopsie! The cashier recognizes you and the hounds are loosed. Steal a car? Nasty things those BOLOs. Every cop in the country is going to have Brian's mug seared into their brain. Escapees don't last long once the groceries are gone and they yearn for mittens and a cup of java by a warm fire.

All of these avenues are possible, IF you aren't attacked by a bear or slip and break your leg, arm or back. Hypothermia doesn't go away with an aspirin and frost bite turns your nose and toes a lovely, decorative black. All in all, God help anyone found bringing you granola bars, clean socks and news of the world.

Brian talks a good story and impresses people who don't know any better, but reality is an entirely different ball game. No, Brian is most probably safely ensconced in a pre-arranged location with some kind of help. He's NOT Grizzly Adams.

This is from yesterday but I had not seen it. Posting for anyone else who missed it.

SEP 25, 2021
How Brian Laundrie's behavior could provide clues about his disappearance
It's the question on everyone's mind: is Brian Laundrie alive or dead? It's impossible to know right now but a renowned psychiatrist believes there are some clues in Laundrie's behavior that may get us closer to the answer.

[...]

When the police got there, Gabby is sobbing as she talked with officers. Laundrie, however, was calm and seemingly unemotional.

"In terms of this disorder, they have no core values," Dr. Huysman said of someone who might display narcissistic behaviors.

Dr. Huysman says this knowledge can indicate how a person like that might react under the kind of pressure investigators are putting on Laundrie now.

"They are very likely to run away, to hide, to think they can get away with it," Huysman said.

[...]

RBBM

Well, that just answered the question I came here to post. I wondered what the 3 L's (and for sure BL) think the outcome will be. That he'll outrun LE/FBI, get away with it, and happily live his life unnoticed? What about the next girl he abuses/kills? (in what I believe was a fit of rage with GP)

My understanding is they went camping prior to Gabby being reported missing by her family on Sept. 11th.

Her mom tried to report it on Long Island on the 10th. The report was eventually accepted on the 11th. I don't know whether it was the PD on Long Island, or the PD in North Port that took the report and whether it was her mom or her dad who was successful in getting the police to accept the report.
I think her dad tried to file a report and wasn't successful. Then her mom filed the report on the 11th. Imo

Really? The camper shell thing that was on the stand in the driveway is gone now? THAT is interesting.
I went back and looked at some photos on the Daily Mail. The camper top was in the driveway the day the Mustang was confiscated. Unfortunately, I can't tell (from the photos) if it was still there the day they drove to Orlando. It would be ever so helpful if a resident from that street was a poster here at WS! <wishful thinking>

A lot of people think the Laundries are lying when they say that Brian drove his Mustang to the Carlton Reserve on the 14th. These folks think the Laundries have helped Brian to escape, and they believe this process began on September 11, when the family went camping somewhere. My problem with this theory is this: why would the Laundries tell a lie that could so easily be exposed and land them in federal prison? If even one neighbor saw one of them (and not Brian) driving the Mustang to the Reserve, they are toast. If even one person on the road saw one of them (and not Brian) driving the Mustang to the Reserve, they are toast. If even one camera somewhere captured one of them (and not Brian) driving the Mustang to the Reserve, they are toast. Why would they tell such a lie? I don't think they would. Brian may not be in the Reserve, but I think the parents are telling the truth when they say he drove to the Reserve in his Mustang on the 14th.
Is it HIS Mustang or his mother's Mustang, which he sometimes drove? There was some discussion about that a while back.
As to whether or not the Laundries helped Brian escape, if people believe that, it is because they didn't report GP missing, immediately retained an attorney, and didn't respond to GP's family when they called. IMHO, they've not been forthcoming in the slightest. As to if or why they would tell a lie that would land them in federal prison, well, people do all kinds of irrational things. I think it's pretty irrational to not report your son missing for 3 days when he lives with you and is driving a shared vehicle, for example. Brian may very well have driven the Mustang to the Reserve, hung out there for a bit, and hitchhiked out. Or not. MOO

Take a look inside their van. Compared to the items required to survive for any length of time, that van and it's contents look like amateur hour. Vegetarianism? You have to have an extensive knowledge of edible plants in order to maintain any semblance of health. Ingestion of the wrong plant can have you so sick you'll wish your mother never met your father.

Appalachia? Guess what! Winter is coming! The Russian Winter helped defeat Hitler and endless, snowy days will turn slim, trim, Brian into a skeleton. Its hard to maintain your vegetarianism when there aren't any plants to vegetarianate with. Just snow, maybe a bit of lichen and bark. Brian would have to experience a meat epiphany, which means making cooking fires and where there's smoke - there's Brian. Next on the list - sport hunters and locals who depend on their hunting to feed themselves and/or their families. Some of them will shoot at anything that moves.

Next. Replenishing supplies. You have leaving your lair to burglarize local homes and farms or stealing into town, rounding up produce and dragging it all back into your forest den. Whoopsie! The cashier recognizes you and the hounds are loosed. Steal a car? Nasty things those BOLOs. Every cop in the country is going to have Brian's mug seared into their brain. Escapees don't last long once the groceries are gone and they yearn for mittens and a cup of java by a warm fire.

All of these avenues are possible, IF you aren't attacked by a bear or slip and break your leg, arm or back. Hypothermia doesn't go away with an aspirin and frost bite turns your nose and toes a lovely, decorative black. All in all, God help anyone found bringing you granola bars, clean socks and news of the world.

Brian talks a good story and impresses people who don't know any better, but reality is an entirely different ball game. No, Brian is most probably safely ensconced in a pre-arranged location with some kind of help. He's NOT Grizzly Adams.

My understanding is they went camping prior to Gabby being reported missing by her family on Sept. 11th.
Yes the neighbor recollections are all over the place - that’s why I left them as ? - personally I think they took off really quick after he arrived home Sept 1 (or at least her Van arrived)
JMO

This is what we have on the timeline:

SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone according to his parents, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
Gabbys Van enters at 10:26am Sept 1

Sept 2 -9: ?

Sept 2/3 or 9/10 - Neighbor spots BL outside mowing and bike ride with his Mom

Sept 2?-4?- neighbor says family went camping with the truck and camper for 3 days

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Incident with Gabbys Dad -redacted police report Links her Dad to a police response at the home where his daughter lived with BL and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10.

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Neighbors stated it was about a week after he arrived back in the van, they believe it was a long weekend trip. Could have been 9th or 10th? IMO they were getting calls from GP family and knew (or maybe he knew and it was his idea) what was coming so they went off the grid the weekend GP was reported missing

Your 24 year old son comes back from two months of camping, and the first thing he does is go camping with mom and dad?
OMG this really sums it up! Can you imagine; after being without showers or tv or a stocked pantry for two months, saying “yes absolutely mom and dad let us go on a short camping trip I want to sleep two feet from you. Gabby who now?” Doesn’t make a bit of sense. His parents would be smart to write a list of every fact they know and write it on a poster board and tape it to the garage door. Arghhhhhhhh so frustrating

Last edited:
FBI agents secure personal items from Brian Laundrie's home for 'DNA matching' as the search for Laundrie continues

Sun, September 26, 2021, 4:11 PM
f061fd4822952eed28c73e2b3e0abc79

FBI agents visited the home of Brian Laundrie on Sunday morning to obtain personal items for "DNA matching.

"The FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching, and Brian's parents provided the FBI with what they could," Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie's lawyer, told Fox News. The outlet reported that agents left the Laundrie house with a brown paper bag.

Gabby Petito memorial service planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES

Search for Brian Laundrie will be 'scaled back and targeted based on intelligence,' police say.
409269f73ef2c93f81130ad86976d746.jpg

The Carlton Reserve is a 24,000-acre nature preserve in central Florida (North Port Police Department).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member