Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that he had the keys because he didn't want either one of them to drive. Then he got into the van because she was coming at him. Isn't that what he said on the video with the cop. Did he actually say that he was going to leave her ?
Or he had the keys since he (according to AP's statement in the bodycam video) was the primary driver?

THIS.

Where is this guy's friends, cousins, ex-friends, no-one is talking, why???

Usually here on WS a POI has lots of background info even if not illegal activity. We CAN sleuth him. Can anyone find anything, at all?

There is no local gossip that I've heard about BL and GP. Maybe they weren't living with his parents very long, and only had acquaintances at work. It would not be a stretch to think they were socially isolated, in what is still considered a retirement community.

Just an FYI, most people their age in and around North Port, FL are either starting their families with their high school sweethearts, or left for college and never came back to the area.

Remember - he was locking her out of her vehicle, as he was in the driver's seat, with her phone in his possession - getting ready to leave her there alone and with nothing. Of course she would claw her way back in.
He was going to leave her there alone? What timestamp was that where you heard that? I heard him say they were going to each walk in different directions to cool off, and then return to the van.

I get that we can only go by what we have and we have little info. We don’t know these people from
Adam and can only speculate but I’m honestly very surprised at people who see the body cam footage as evidence of her being the abuser. Volatile relationships are far more complex and a partner can push you to react strongly - through lying, gaslighting, controlling or violent behaviour that makes you crazy, lash out. I know my argument can go both ways and that reacting like this is wrong but they had no escape from each other- she was reliant on him and I saw her as reacting and distressed and sad and quite likely mistreated and faced with a difficult person. My two cents. I also sadly think she’s never coming back

bbm

Re. the lavender bolded :

FULL VIDEO: Bodycam video of Utah police encounter with Gabby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie - YouTube
From the NBC2 msm news video, it sounds at 6:11 -ish that Gabby was grabbing the wheel and BL says she said (paraphrased as it's a bit muffled); "...you can't leave me again..." ??
It sounds like he'd driven off without her before and imo this makes him not look very good.
It looks like Gabby was fearful, and not enraged. :(
That's an abusive act in itself.

Re. the green bolded : I would definitely agree.

Hoping my fears are wrong and she's ok but left her old life for whatever reason.
Even BL having the van & returning w/o Gabby may not be suspicious to some --- but his silence is unnerving to me.
Imo.

i definitely don’t disagree that if he has ab
bbm

Re. the lavender bolded :

FULL VIDEO: Bodycam video of Utah police encounter with Gabby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie - YouTube
From the NBC2 msm news video, it sounds at 6:11 -ish that Gabby was grabbing the wheel and BL says she said (paraphrased as it's a bit muffled); "...you can't leave me again..." ??
It sounds like he'd driven off without her before and imo this makes him not look very good.
It looks like Gabby was fearful, and not enraged. :(
That's an abusive act in itself.

Re. the green bolded : I would definitely agree !

Hoping my fears are wrong and she's ok but left her old life for whatever reason.
Even BL having the van & returning w/o Gabby may not be suspicious to some --- but his silence is unnerving to me.
Imo.

While I agree it isn’t ok to drive off and leave somebody, we have no idea what the context is. If she was assaulting him and he wanted to get away would that be ok? Or if he was assaulting her and she drove away and left him would that be ok? Not defending him if he did that - which we don’t know if he did - just wondering when it is actually ok and not abuse. Either way it sounds like they were young and in a very awful relationship. I feel for them. It’s hard to get out and see it for what it is when you are completely dependent on one another somewhere so far from home and think you’re madly in love. And obviously the fact that he’s home and she isn’t is just really, really awful.

His stonewalling is going to cost his parents plenty. He will need legal counsel to keep avoiding accountability. His parents will have to pay for this for the rest of his life, regardless of whether he is still free or ends up being arrested or convicted.

I hope they are willing to give up their savings, their business, their financial stability for this.

Other members of the family might not be so happy with this arrangement, or they might have some concern about the young woman they thought would be their sister-in-law. Maybe they will have the moral fiber to quietly discuss what they know with her mother, if not with LE?

I left an abusive relationship 2 yrs ago (the person was severely mentally ill but could "play act.") He tried to keep my keys from me, or block me from leaving with his vehicle several times. Happens all the time in these domestic situations.

It stinks that some people are slamming Gabby for being "the assaulter" when she likely was reacting to his manipulations/various forms of abuse. It's called "reactive abuse" as many here already know.

Last edited:
I wish those police officers could go back in time and tell him to call his family and get a flight home and send her on her way with her van. But the one thing that stands out to me at the end is that she is AFRAID to drive the van on her own. She asks how far he is going to be when she goes to pick him up because she has anxiety about going to the hotel after their cool down period. Not because she is afraid to see BL again, but because she is afraid to drive :( At that point, she should have called her parents and arranged for someone else to meet her and drive the van back. She was too dependent on him to get home. Very sad situation.

He says “6 gallon container” at one point, assuming he’s not exaggerating.
Oh, yeah. That's right. He did say that. And, if I recall, didn't he make a body/arm/hand gesture as if he were carrying a water jug(???). That would be more in keeping with some type of a 'Gerry' can style... which are far more likely to be plastic. I suppose none of this makes a material difference to locating the missing person. I just found the seeming discontinuity entertaining... and so indicative of IG phoniness.

I get that we can only go by what we have and we have little info. We don’t know these people from
Adam and can only speculate but I’m honestly very surprised at people who see the body cam footage as evidence of her being the abuser. Volatile relationships are far more complex and a partner can push you to react strongly - through lying, gaslighting, controlling or violent behaviour that makes you crazy, lash out. I know my argument can go both ways and that reacting like this is wrong but they had no escape from each other- she was reliant on him and I saw her as reacting and distressed and sad and quite likely mistreated and faced with a difficult person. My two cents. I also sadly think she’s never coming back

when you hear of a man admitting to hitting a woman do you assume she’s being abusive and he was pushed to be violent?

Towards the end of the bodycam, when the policeman gave her the keys, she said she didn't want to go far because she didn't usually drive the van. This is sticking with me, if it was her vehicle, why did she not normally drive it? Was his influence so complete that she buys the car he wants, yet he drives it? Wasn't he the one who suggested getting a larger vehicle, ie a van?

Maybe you guys have mentioned this already.

Another thought that I haven't seen brought up - Where was GP during BL's week long trip to FL? We know she was staying in a hotel (as dad ordered her Uber Eats) for at least some of it. Likely she would have had to be driving the van at that time.

Being left alone for a week doesn't play into the whole idea that she didn't want to be apart from him at all and doesn't drive the van.

Did she just sit in a hotel alone for an entire week?
Who paid for that?
Did she meet up with anyone?

And here is something else: he was likely gaslighting her about her driving skills along with the fact that he didn't think she could follow her dream to be a YouTube influencer. That may be why SUCH AN ADVENTUROUS YOUNG WOMAN would be afraid to drive very far.

Also, there's a ton we don't know because the one person who can fill in the blanks, and supposedly loves Gabby won't enlighten us. I could care less about this guy's rights if he's not willing to help.

His rights are still protected whether he helps or not, but I definitely agree with the sentiment.
It's mind-boggling he lawyered up instead of helping.
What the heck happened out there that caused him to shut down like this?
My heart aches for her family, that's for sure.

I am very conflicted ... I slowed down the youtube video of their trip to .25 playback speed ... when you view it in slow motion BLs reactions can be interpreted very differently. To me at least it seems like he hated any time the camera was recording - or at the very least was really annoyed by it. You can see it in the first few seconds of the video.

But I am finding it hard to believe that he would intentionally hurt her. No matter what she hit him with, fists, phone, keys etc she marked him up pretty good - right temple, right eye - takes a decent amount of force to break skin. Granted he grabbed her face and pushed her - I would think that most murderers would retaliate a bit more in the moment if someone was wailing on them

Do you think it sounds possible that in the context of an already frustrating day... him wanting to go on an enjoyable, dirty, non-documented hike and her maybe wanting to charge up the devices and get "show" ready... regardless of prior plans to document their trip... could be a plausible source of tension for a young couple?
Sure. Different values, different goals. Tension. In this case with a horrible result. Imo

He's around her age and they went to high school together - were in the same grade or he might've been one above
He’s 23. Two months shy of 24.
Gabby was born in 1999
Brian was born in 1997

Just an FYI - Brian’s date of birth can be seen from time to time on one of the reporting officer’s notepads in the Utah bodycam footage, though it is difficult to get a good shot of it. In any case, I cross-checked what I could make of what he had written with public records to confirm this year is correct.

Last edited:
Second cross country trip?
I hadn't heard anything about a first? GP's mom said that Gabby has done this before but I wasn't under the impression that BL was with her for that.

Yes they took the first trip in a car together. It's documented on IG and I forget where I read originally (I think it may have been a quote from the mother) that after traveling cross country in a car together they decided to upgrade to a van for their next trip and that's when they acquired and started doing work on her van. I remember finding this out well before the information about the Aug 12 police encounter was released so it was spoken about early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990