Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His stonewalling is going to cost his parents plenty. He will need legal counsel to keep avoiding accountability. His parents will have to pay for this for the rest of his life, regardless of whether he is still free or ends up being arrested or convicted.

I hope they are willing to give up their savings, their business, their financial stability for this.

Other members of the family might not be so happy with this arrangement, or they might have some concern about the young woman they thought would be their sister-in-law. Maybe they will have the moral fiber to quietly discuss what they know with her mother, if not with LE?

I thought I read that the sister may be cooperating, not sure.

when you hear of a man admitting to hitting a woman do you assume she’s being abusive and he was pushed to be violent?

Another way to look at it - how often do you hear a man admitting he hit a woman?
Admitting you hit someone to police isn't something physically abusive partners usually do.

when you hear of a man admitting to hitting a woman do you assume she’s being abusive and he was pushed to be violent?

yes you’re very right I’m sorry. I just picked up on things I recognised. But to be honest I might assume that in some circumstances but the problem is it’s always wrong.

Second cross country trip?
I hadn't heard anything about a first? GP's mom said that Gabby has done this before but I wasn't under the impression that BL was with her for that.
Gabby had posted on IG that their first trip (in 2020) was done in her small car, and was enthusing about how much more spacious the van is. I'm still wondering how they were able to do two cross-country road trips two years in a row. What kind of jobs did they have that allowed this? Do they hire on someplace, then quit when they feel like vagabonding? If they weren't paying rent at his parents' place, I suppose that would allow them to save enough money for these trips, but would it give her enough to buy a van?

So many questions. So few answers.

At one point in the body cam Brian says, “I hope she didn’t say anything too bad about me,” as if he was probing if she gave too much information about him that he doesn’t want the police to be aware of.

<modsnip: No MSM to substantiate. Social media 'comments' are not allowed for discussion.>

Notice how in the body cam video Gabby <modsnip> says she was calling her parents, YET the Dad stated in an interview yesterday that he was not aware of the domestic dispute issue and that if Gabby had told him, he would’ve been on the first flight there to pick her up and bring her home. He was unaware of any problems, including mental health problems that Gabby told MOEB police she was suffering from according to that police report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Stafford, the spokesperson for Gabby's family, will be addressing the media today at 2:30 pm One Corporate Drive, Bohemia, NY. He will be reading a letter from the Schmidt and Petito family to Christopher and Roberta Laundrie. He will take limited questions afterwards. I will try and get link to watch/listen

Oh Christopher and Roberta, do the right thing FGS!

I think he drove the van back to remove it from the scene of their separation and avoid finding her or picking up her trail.

I also think LE will find that ALL of her posessions in his control have disappeared. Anything of her that was in the van, anything that was purportedly in storage.

I think he has deliberately removed anything that had her scent on it or could be used to tract her with scent dogs. He may not want her family to know this, either.

I'll be very interested to hear what state the van is when they seized it. I'm going to bet all the bedding is gone, all of her clothing, shoes, personal effects are gone and he will refuse to produce them.
all great points.
I wonder if they have received any video from the neighbors to try and track the days her Van left their home - was it always parked in the driveway or inside the garage? Did they take it to the carwash? I'd like to know the movements of her Van once it arrived back in Florida.
JMO

Oh, yeah. That's right. He did say that. And, if I recall, didn't he make a body/arm/hand gesture as if he were carrying a water jug(???). That would be more in keeping with some type of a 'Gerry' can style... which are far more likely to be plastic. I suppose none of this makes a material difference to locating the missing person. I just found the seeming discontinuity entertaining... and so indicative of IG phoniness.

I dunno, I can see how people who are against single-use disposable bottles could justify having one large re-usable plastic container. It’s not plastic itself that they’re against, but the culture of millions of throwaway bottles.

We know she was hustling to try to figure out how to make money during the trip. She was selling her belongings, she was trying to get a social media influencer thing launched, probably in hopes she'd get some sponsors. She bought the van, or at least it was in her name. What was he doing for money?

Towards the end of the bodycam, when the policeman gave her the keys, she said she didn't want to go far because she didn't usually drive the van. This is sticking with me, if it was her vehicle, why did she not normally drive it? Was his influence so complete that she buys the car he wants, yet he drives it? Wasn't he the one who suggested getting a larger vehicle, ie a van?

Maybe you guys have mentioned this already.
i think she said she wasnt comfortable driving it, like because of the size of it or being in a unfamiliar place, culd also have something to do with her anxiety.

At one point in the body cam Brian says, “I hope she didn’t say anything too bad about me,” as if he was probing if she gave too much information about him that he doesn’t want the police to be aware of.

<modsnip: No MSM to substantiate. Social media 'comments' are not allowed for discussion.>

Notice how in the body cam video Gabby <modsnip> says she was calling her parents, YET the Dad stated in an interview yesterday that he was not aware of the domestic dispute issue and that if Gabby had told him, he would’ve been on the first flight there to pick her up and bring her home. He was unaware of any problems, including mental health problems that Gabby told MOEB police she was suffering from according to that police report.

YES!! Excellent post. Thank you. She didn't break cover.

It was the mother that she called, and the subsequent calls and texts between mother and daughter were referenced earlier either in an article or interview. I haven't been able to find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second cross country trip?
I hadn't heard anything about a first? GP's mom said that Gabby has done this before but I wasn't under the impression that BL was with her for that.
Tne thread is moving so fast that someone else might already have answered this but GP talks about their first trip in the Youtube video.

This.
It makes me wonder whether Gabby's "really bad OCD" has always been present, or whether this developed during the road trip. Granted, living in such close quarters can exacerbate a hidden or mild condition.
But it seemed to me in the video that her repeated expressions of being at fault may have been a conditioning on the part of BL. In contrast I was also a bit disturbed by BL's chumminess with the cops, the smiling, and the lack of concern or sympathy towards Gabby's obvious distress. Very hard to watch.
bbm
I hope there was at least one last video or photo of Gabby happy before she vanished. :(
Heartbreaking if that's the last footage of her alive and (not) well.

I wouldn't blame her family for anything they say at this point !
And her family doesn't have to worry about saying the "wrong thing" -- BL's already refusing to talk !
MOO.

I left an abusive relationship 2 yrs ago (the person was severely mentally ill but could "play act." He tried to keep my keys from me, or block me from leaving with his vehicle several times. Happens all the time in these domestic situations.

It stinks that some people are slamming Gabby for being "the assaulter" when she likely was reacting to his manipulations/various forms of abuse.

Pretty sure you’re referencing me. I was also in an abusive relationship. I was hit and mentally abused. Because of that I don’t excuse ANY type of physical violence. She was still assaulting him while in the car. I’m going based off evidence we have not speculation. The idea that only women can be abused and not men is wild to me. I’m curious if you can point to evidence she was being abused and all of her actions were in reaction to it? I think I’m really missing the evidence that she was obviously being abused by him and they weren’t abusing one another.

I thought that he had the keys because he didn't want either one of them to drive. Then he got into the van because she was coming at him. Isn't that what he said on the video with the cop. Did he actually say that he was going to leave her ?
Well, that would certainly put a different spin on the scenario. It's possible. Thanks for posting!

Gabby had posted on IG that their first trip (in 2020) was done in her small car, and was enthusing about how much more spacious the van is. I'm still wondering how they were able to do two cross-country road trips two years in a row. What kind of jobs did they have that allowed this? Do they hire on someplace, then quit when they feel like vagabonding? If they weren't paying rent at his parents' place, I suppose that would allow them to save enough money for these trips, but would it give her enough to buy a van?

So many questions. So few answers.
First trip was said to be in a Nissan Sentra (year unknown)... surely a small car by most any definition. But, that might have been relatively easier since I bet they tented more than stayed in the car... or now van. So the confinement might not have been as intense. Also, it's very common for true 'vanlifers' to get seasonal jobs to save up some funding to allow them to journey on. Very common. There's another set of vanlifers that are digital nomads and earn through online remote work. I understood that both Petito and Laundrie worked at some type of grocery store... and then separated to do this trip.

yes you’re very right I’m sorry. I just picked up on things I recognised. But to be honest I might assume that in some circumstances but the problem is it’s always wrong.
Please don’t apologize. I respect all perspectives here. I see where you’re coming from, as well. And i know this is all in context of her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle