Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Gabby Petito case: Florida cops say no evidence of criminality in disappearance

Laundrie, who has since lawyered up and has refused to speak with investigators, was identified this week as a person of interest in her disappearance.

But asked if they could bring Laundrie in for questioning, Garrison said, “right now, no.”

He said Laundrie’s lawyer did provide some property they requested.

The chief said cops were analyzing items from the van, which police seized on Saturday, but have not determined if they have any “evidentiary value.”

This strikes me as a guy who doesn't want Gabby with the police alone and out of his control, not kind.
I believe he said something to the effect of "She didn't say anything too bad about me I hope" fishing to figure out how much and what GP had said when she spoke to an officer alone.

Whether BL is abusive, controlling or both, him going to jail for the night would allow him to keep that control of the narrative that people outside of the couple were exposed to.

He said he hoped she didn't have too many complaints about him, which is a bit different. We know about the dirty feet issue.

The one inside the jail cell is the one who's going to be restricted in communications. Robbins had Gabby's cell phone number. He told her to keep her phone on because he might be calling her later. I suspect he did.

You perceived it differently from me, obviously.

Questions needing answers:

1. What's last ping from G's phone?

ETA: lost my thoughts... thread flying by... but if this is known, searches can start.
Or are searches happening in WY?
Similar to the question I asked earlier today: can't LE locate her phone by GPS, or its location when last in use? But maybe they have, and aren't releasing info during an ongoing investigation. They're not required to keep the public entertained while they're tracking a case, lol.

From the press conference:

Todd Garrison, the police chief in North Port, said no criminality is suspected at this time. No physical search teams are currently on the ground as investigators are working to narrow down areas to investigate, he said. "We have resources and law enforcement partners that are out in the field following up tips and leads but as far as a grid search right now, we're still trying to narrow down geographic areas," he said in a news conference Thursday.”

Whaaaa? No ground search? I surely thought they’d at least be looking! Drones? Dogs from campsite or known point?

Reporter asked great question regarding an earlier statement by BL’s mom, “what happened in WY happened in WY”… Missed that earlier. She didn’t say UT. To me that means GP is in WY, not btwn there & FL. BL’s parents know exactly what happened & exactly where she is. Imo. I hope they have friends who exert pressure/disapproval. Squeeze til they crack.

Garrison said they are still analyzing the van & available tech. In Mollie T’s case that took about 1 month iirc. Then arrest.

Police ask public for help in search for missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito

I missed that. (the bolded one) Can you elaborate on that statement or point me somewhere to read it. Thank you.

frankly I do not think we are getting enough information from GP parents, it has trickled out, they knew there was an incident, and the mom downplayed it after the bodycam footage came out, the continued insistence at first to forget about Brian and the van, and now shifting to try to force BL hand through the media ....

I think GP parents know more than they are saying ... but the info they have would probably shift public perception of BL ...

did she ever text her parents while BL was away? the 17th - 23rd in florida is an odd timeline

GB dad got them ubereats in salt lake city on the 21st ... on the 24th they leave the hotel so BL couldn't have been in florida until the 23rd ... new assumed timeline

BL is in florida from the 17th - tbd date but returns on or before the 21st --- this seems like such basic information --- why can't anyone get a hold of flight info to verify?
they leave salt lake city on the 24th
GP posts to IG on the 25th
BL starts the return trip alone somewhere between the 28th - 3oth
GP (possibly) texts her mom on the 30th

most of us watched the bodycam footage - something had to have happened between 24th - 28th, he almost broke down when they got pulled over on the 12th - no way he could commit a crime so close to leaving, and then formulate a plan on the fly, and involve his parents so they would be ready to get a lawyer asap when he got there, all with over 2,300 miles and 40 something + hours to think about what he had done
bbm
Actually it appeared that he was smiling and in full control of the situation, despite the pair having just been involved in an altercation.
MOO.

I'm going to have to rethink my first impression. Which was.....they are trying to brush off her disappearance on some anonymous serial killer. So funny, I saw it that way, exonerating him because after all, there is a serial killer on the loose.
IF they were going to use that - similar to the mountain lion, stalker, kidnapper, etc we've heard before - they would have IMO made a statement to that effect - it's been 16 days since he's been home with her vehicle and they've made two statements already the second basically saying he won't be talking to LE. However, they may be rethinking that strategy - I"m waiting for the FL lawyer to issue a statement if one is put on retainer ....
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member