Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438562770455257090?s=21

This is the question many continue to ask. Now it’s posted near Brian Laundrie’s house. #northport #findgabby #gabbypetito @FOX13News
Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon

This is the question many continue to ask. Now it’s posted near Brian Laundrie’s house. #northport #findgabby #gabbypetito
@FOX13News

1:57 PM · Sep 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

You have to love Floridians - cut right to the chase...
JMO

I think the answer is in the time line.
It makes no sense to fly to FL, fly back to Utah only to break up and take HER van back to FL.
I can't put my finger on it but the answer is in there.

frankly I do not think we are getting enough information from GP parents, it has trickled out, they knew there was an incident, and the mom downplayed it after the bodycam footage came out, the continued insistence at first to forget about Brian and the van, and now shifting to try to force BL hand through the media ....

I think GP parents know more than they are saying ... but the info they have would probably shift public perception of BL ...

did she ever text her parents while BL was away? the 17th - 23rd in florida is an odd timeline

GB dad got them ubereats in salt lake city on the 21st ... on the 24th they leave the hotel so BL couldn't have been in florida until the 23rd ... new assumed timeline

BL is in florida from the 17th - tbd date but returns on or before the 21st --- this seems like such basic information --- why can't anyone get a hold of flight info to verify?
they leave salt lake city on the 24th
GP posts to IG on the 25th
BL starts the return trip alone somewhere between the 28th - 3oth
GP (possibly) texts her mom on the 30th

most of us watched the bodycam footage - something had to have happened between 24th - 28th, he almost broke down when they got pulled over on the 12th - no way he could commit a crime so close to leaving, and then formulate a plan on the fly, and involve his parents so they would be ready to get a lawyer asap when he got there, all with over 2,300 miles and 40 something + hours to think about what he had done

#BREAKING: The Grand County Sheriff’s Office has been in contact with Florida authorities and are actively looking into any connection between #GabbyPetito and the double homicide that occurred in Grand County.
https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1438582166317932544?s=21

Now that's the only thing that makes any sense to me! Who's to say that she wasn't attacked while spending the night in the van by herself. The only problem is, is that it still doesn't make any sense why he took the van and drove home by himself to Florida. Unless, he got scared and bolted! The mind is a very weird place when you're scared!

Last edited:
Coukd Gabbie potentially have gone to camp at the dispersed camping ground where the two women lived on the evening of the 12th, wanting to stay close to where Brian was in Moab, and not their reserved spot further away?

Interesting thought, especially since she said she wasn’t comfortable driving the van long distances.

So I guess according to the presser the family didn't go into details but it does seem that she has known mental health issues that they are aware of. We have no idea what those are, but those could have significantly elevated arguments very quickly. They just don't want the focus on her issues to side rail finding her...which I agree. I mean maybe she could get a bit irrational or blow smaller issues into way bigger than they are and when she settles down she realizes that.

BL's apologies to the officers for speeding creeped me out.

[QUOTE="MsBetsy, post: 17079895, member: 227504"

BL was the one speeding, going 45 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone, and she was trying to get him to stop.

No witness saw her punching him, she was slapping him and he grabbed her by the face and pushed her away.

According to one of the officers, she did have marks on her face. Grabbing someone by the face to push them sounds pretty aggressive to me.

IMO
bbm
Thanks.
I missed that. :(
Imo.

I don't think she was "punching" him. One of the officers acknowledged she likely hit him on the arm to alert him to the police vehicle behind him, and that's what caused the car to swerve.

There was no intent to cause bodily harm, so no crime was committed.

BL was the one speeding, going 45 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone, and she was trying to get him to stop.

No witness saw her punching him, she was slapping him and he grabbed her by the face and pushed her away.

According to one of the officers, she did have marks on her face. Grabbing someone by the face to push them sounds pretty aggressive to me.

IMO
Here you go.
@timestamp 10.00 she tells the cop she was "punching" him.
What about her hitting him in the face with her phone? Is that aggressive?

interesting... what's worse than being suspected of disappearing your fiance/girlfriend? being connected to a double homicide I would say.....
turning up the heat on BL...
well done LE
JMO
I'm going to have to rethink my first impression. Which was.....they are trying to brush off her disappearance on some anonymous serial killer. So funny, I saw it that way, exonerating him because after all, there is a serial killer on the loose.

Moab police sent two officers to this incident. One stayed over an hour and did his best to get the couple into a better place (instead of arresting someone). They did run the plates, which is likely why it was clearcut that Gabby should be the one driving the van onward that night, while Brian (the "victim" - as he had visible marks on his body and Gabby was observed by the witness who called in...slapping and scratching Brian, which she did not deny and which two other witnesses said they saw, as well).

How is this sloppy police work? This type of community policing (they actually went after the van!) is what we all want. This is what most communities do not have. I'm actually amazed that Moab police took the amount of time they did on this minor incident. They couldn't have known that she was going to disappear, nor were there any grounds to do more (except possibly an arrest for DV - which some of you are saying they should have done, but really? a few scratches on a larger, stronger 23-year-old male who was clearly trying to drive away from his traveling partner - and the van owner - near the Co-op). No priors.

Bodycams record what they record - how can police change that??
Thanks for your thoughts on this, @10ofRods. I’m sometimes reluctant to speak in defense of LE on certain cases because I think there would be less weight credited to my statement given that I’m retired LE. Lord knows we’ve seen enough mistakes and sometimes down right criminal activity on the part of LE, none of which is ever justified. That being said there are times when the accusations against them are not true or their hands are tied by the confines of the law and constitution.
I also thought that the officers here did a good job. They got BL and GP separated right away, they diffused the situation, they interviewed both parties, and made an assessment of the situation. They made arrangements so that BL would spend the night apart from GP and gave her the keys to the van.
It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but the fact is that when a LEO responds to an incident, he or she has literally seconds or minutes to assess, control, and remedy a situation. More officers are hurt during traffic stops and DV incidents than from any other situation.
When you get a call for a domestic situation you know ahead of time that emotions will be running really high. Your job at that moment is to insure the safety of the parties involved. We have all heard of or seen instances of severe domestic abuse. They can be horrific. There are laws in place to protect victims. They are not always enough. What LE can’t do is force someone to press charges or prevent someone from returning to an abusive situation. It happens all the time for a myriad of reasons.
What those officers in Moab did that day in August is not the reason we can not find GP. It is not their fault that we don’t know what happened to her a month later. Their response was not sloppy. Let’s place blame where it belongs.

For those who are bashing the police that showed up to the incident, where I live (LEO spouse), not sure about other places, if a cop shows up to a DV call and observes marks on a person, the other person is automatically arrested. So the first thing I thougtht of when I saw they let her walk is they were actually doing her a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt