Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the obvious fighting, physical nature of the fighting, etc. Come on. We are seeing a slither of their daily reality. It was likely much worse and frequent. This wasn't a one off. It's common sense. Occam's razor. imo.

I try very hard not to import my personal experiences into cases I follow but I have to say, this is entirely backwards in my own experience. In nearly 25 years hubby and I have had a grand total of 2 serious arguments. Both were 10 times worse than anything shown on that LE bodycam and yet, 100% not indicative of our usual, healthy, respectful relationship.

I don't agree it's "common sense" to assume their relationship as a whole, was much worse and frequent, as you suggest. I believe it's far more fair, to not presume such dire thoughts about a relationship none of us here really know anything about.

jmo

https://twitter.com/reenaroy/status/1438578910669770752?s=21

NEW: Utah police are actively looking into any connection between disappearance of #GabbyPetito and a double homicide that occurred in the Grand County area. They’re “not ruling anything out at this time”
The trip home without GP that has been spoke about on here, seems to be around the time the bodies were located.

I know I’m beating the same drum!

I'm with you on your three possibilities. What I cannot reconcile, however, is if she willingly separated from him, why he and his parents did not respond to her mother contacting them BEFORE the police even got involved (according to her mother). I completely understand lawyering up, but I cannot understand why before police involvement he couldn't send a simple explanation with where he last saw Gabby to her obviously worried mother (someone who he at one time believed would be his mother-in-law). This does not make sense to me at all.
This is why I am convinced that BL knew that she was no longer alive when he came back to Florida. I can't think of any reason to freeze GP's mom out before the police were involved unless he and his parents knew that the police would eventually be involved and that it would be serious.

<rsbm>

IIRC, they had called off their engagement and they had also just had a fight, yet in his convo with LE, BL refers to her as his fiancé. IMO, it seems his intent was to make their relationship seem rosier than it actually was.

I agree. IMO the best way I can characterize BL’s behavior/statements during the stop is along the lines of “I love her, our relationship is great, but I’m the one pulling the weight and supporting a ‘crazy’ woman.”

Sounds like she tended to think everything was her fault and he agreed, and contributed to her thinking that. Contributed if not actual causation.

She was trying to get him to slow down because the cops were right behind them and trying to get them to pull over. Yet, it is HER fault that he was speeding and that he hit the curb. I wouldn't touch this guy, this type, with a 10 foot pole if I were young and looking for a partner.

He had to buy gas here and there. If he used a debit/credit card, they should know a bit about where and when. So many convenience marts have cameras now that could possibly show who was in the van.

Being on a very tight budget, they may not have been using debit or other cards.

However, if he was paying cash, he would have to have gone into pay at the counter at some point, so there is a good possibility there is footage of him from the return journey from ? Grand Teton? to North Point.

The problem will be how far back these kind of CCTV vids go. By refusing to make contact with her parents and making THEM file a missing person's report 10 days after he returns, he increases the chances that video from surveillance would not be retrieved.

I think he knew that. I think there have been deliberate moves meant to remove, destroy, and delay discovery of significant evidence. His parents may also be at risk of Obstruction of Justice charges. I sure hope so.

I do believe justice will not be denied.

Sounds like she tended to think everything was her fault and he agreed, and contributed to her thinking that. Contributed if not actual causation.

She was trying to get him to slow down because the cops were right behind them and trying to get them to pull over. Yet, it is HER fault that he was speeding and that he hit the curb. I wouldn't touch this guy, this type, with a 10 foot pole if I were young and looking for a partner.

Sadly, many of us have dated this guy at some point. imo

Not literally this guy, lol

Was thinking the same, wondering why one like this blows up while one like that following Kierra Coles (for example) does not. There are certain stories we are culturally drawn to, and there are a lot of commonalities between them
For me personally, I live on Long Island not far from Gabby's family. There are mutual friends (though not anyone I am in close contact with). And as a parent of older teens with very free spirits, this one just hits me differently. I was very invested in Caylee Anthony when my kids were around her age as well. Some cases just grab you and dont let go

I watched the video except for the end of the ride to the hotel. Like LE (apparently), I perceive BL to be patient, long-suffering and put-upon with GP being...labile. (Is that the term?) When the officer tells BL that Gabby will either have to go to a hotel (which seems like it's not a possibility for her) or to jail for the night, BL asks if he can go to jail in her stead. That struck me as kind.

I'm not saying this is the truth of the matter, just that I think most people will react the same way to this video as I do. And having a young daughter, I have a built-in bias against young men.

I bet I'm as confused as Ofc. Robbins is at this moment.

This strikes me as a guy who doesn't want Gabby with the police alone and out of his control, not kind.
I believe he said something to the effect of "She didn't say anything too bad about me I hope" fishing to figure out how much and what GP had said when she spoke to an officer alone.

Whether BL is abusive, controlling or both, him going to jail for the night would allow him to keep that control of the narrative that people outside of the couple were exposed to.

At one point in the body cam Brian says, “I hope she didn’t say anything too bad about me,” as if he was probing if she gave too much information about him that he doesn’t want the police to be aware of.

There is an uncorroborated comment that I saw yesterday, which mentions, that Gabby found something very disturbing on Brian’s phone, and that was what the fight was about. And the police report did mention they were fighting over a phone (but never specifically mentioned whose phone it is). This was according to a supposed friend of hers who allegedly says she told him what transpired that day.

Notice how in the body cam video Gabby lies and says she was calling her parents, YET the Dad stated in an interview yesterday that he was not aware of the domestic dispute issue and that if Gabby had told him, he would’ve been on the first flight there to pick her up and bring her home. He was unaware of any problems, including mental health problems that Gabby told MOEB police she was suffering from according to that police report.
That’s intriguing
Missing Instagrammer's last text 'suggests she was 800 miles from last sighting'

see the handwritten timeline in this article which suggests Brian returned to FLA between 17 and 23 August. Hadn't noticed this anywhere else? could it be true? Maybe they were apart from the police-enforced separation on 12th until the 24th? do we know either way? Maybe Brian went camping by himself in Utah for a few days before returning to FLA 17th august. maybe Gabby had fun without him. Maybe she thought there was something weird about his solo camping trip. thinking out loud. (0.02).
I definitely agree that their time apart - which seems really odd in its circumstance - had something to do with things

So the fight occurred outside of the Moonflower Co-Op at the end of the day, and they had previously spent 6 hours inside a coffee shop. It could have been in the Moonflower Cafe, where on of the females who was murdered worked. They have a very nice eating area.

Also, what strikes me after watching the video was money. BL said they had very little and not enough for a room (there's cheap lodging in town, hostels). Family reportedly had been sending them money. But this couple still had a long journey ahead. Money troubles can stress anyone. I'm wondering, if they had no money here, on Aug. 12, how BL got money to fly home, and GP paid for a hotel in SLC.

Agreed. For the time being(unless there is some evidence LE has/is building) there is not a lot LE can do in regards to a POI holding back…at least from a legal(charges) stand point. Pressure and strategy is a whole other topic. I’ll also add….Missing person cases are the ones that fascinate me the most(as well as pull at my heartstrings the most). As I personally feel the laws and ability to help these situations are far far inadequate. It’s a complicated topic. Where adults have the right to disappear etc. Right to privacy. I completely understand and agree with that. However….in my life time I hope to see more tools and legal ability for LE to search for people right off the batt…..just to make sure they are safe. To give a bigger voice to Missing Persons and or vastly improve the system and abilities to locate individuals. It’s sad we live in 2021 and LE basically has to sit on their hands unless they uncover reasonable suspicion of a crime. Time is a ticking(and not on our side) and everyone….especially the family of the missing have red flags and alarms are screaming in their heads.
I agree. I think the reason more missing people are not searched for right off the bat is due to the cost. Resources cost money. There are a few organizations that receive grants to search for missing persons. International Association Of Chief's is one. They also have a lot of volunteers that help.

Unless I saw different body cam video, Gabby was punching him long after she was back in the van, She's the "aggressor" because the cops saw marks on him but not her, and witnesses saw her punching him and him pushing her away to keep from getting injured.
Are you suggesting if someone wants their keys back, they can do bodily harm to do so?
I don't think she was "punching" him. One of the officers acknowledged she likely hit him on the arm to alert him to the police vehicle behind him, and that's what caused the car to swerve.

There was no intent to cause bodily harm, so no crime was committed.

BL was the one speeding, going 45 miles per hour in a 15 mile per hour speed zone, and she was trying to get him to stop.

No witness saw her punching him, she was slapping him and he grabbed her by the face and pushed her away.

According to one of the officers, she did have marks on her face. Grabbing someone by the face to push them sounds pretty aggressive to me.

IMO

#BREAKING: The Grand County Sheriff’s Office has been in contact with Florida authorities and are actively looking into any connection between #GabbyPetito and the double homicide that occurred in Grand County.
https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1438582166317932544?s=21
interesting... what's worse than being suspected of disappearing your fiance/girlfriend? being connected to a double homicide I would say.....
turning up the heat on BL...
well done LE
JMO

He’s 23. Two months shy of 24.
Gabby was born in 1999
Brian was born in 1997

Just an FYI - Brian’s date of birth can be seen from time to time on one of the reporting officer’s notepads in the Utah bodycam footage, though it is difficult to get a good shot of it. In any case, I cross-checked what I could make of what he had written with public records to confirm this year is correct.
Duplicate

Last edited:
I think you could be close.

Being in a relationship with someone suffering from mental illness can become an impossible situation. People find themselves taking abuse that they can't defend themselves from, because they know it's not the other person's fault - it's the disease.
<rsbm / bbm>

That could apply to either of them if what BL says in the police report is true:

BL told the officer that "they both suffer from <redacted> and although her <redacted> is more advanced than his, the issues between the two had been building over the last few days".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt