Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Moab video, I suddenly tapped into some of the feelings her relatives must be going through.

For one, I must say I hope LE is keeping close tabs on Gabby’s dad, or going out of their way to address his feelings, he must be absolutely enraged at Brian.

I don’t know what I would do if my precious daughter was missing and her wimpy boyfriend smugly refused say anything about where she might be for weeks. But in my nuclear rage I’d probably do something regrettable.
I can honestly say I would also be absolutely enraged and wholeheartedly agree with you

Maybe the cops saw that it was her own property. Did they ever check the docs for the van?
Yes, apologies I meant to add that seeing as they had done the checks, which are referred to in this thread.

IF he drove straight through, IF he was alone, IF he didn't take one or two detours to take care of something.

so he goes to florida from the 17th - 23rd ....

comes back ...

leaves again with the van somewhere between the 28th - 30th? GP (presumably but maybe not) texts her mom on the 30th .... even if she wasn't the one texting I would expect that LE could tell where the message was sent from.

If it was sent from her last known location in Wyoming, and not wherever BL was when he was on the road, then ? lost my train of thought ... guess it depends on when BL specifically left ... if he left any time before the 30th, and the message was sent from Wyoming on the 30th then he never had her phone.

On the other hand, if he abandoned her on or before the 30th, then it's weird she would only text "no service" instead of I'M STRANDED HERE HELP

It's more speculation, but I keep wondering about why another road trip, if he'd been overbearing in the past, and about how victims in abusive or manipulative relationships aren't always aware they're victims. She thought they were getting married, and was posting pix of baby clothes on Pinterest? While dealing with issues with him? That's hard to get my mind around, but it's definitely possible.

Just thinking out loud...

RSBM. I think you are on to something here. I suspect that not only was Gabby unaware that she was a victim, I think he gaslighted her into thinking she was the aggressor, based on what I've watched of the body cam footage so far. My brothers used to do this to me all the time -- say horrible things to me, make fun of me, pick on me, until I lost it then I would get in trouble for making a scene/hitting one of them. And he is giving me ALL those vibes. All of them.

I'm late to make this comment, but I frankly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he declined the offer of water from the police because he is aware (from popular culture) that law enforcement can use cups, cans, glasses that people have drunk from as a source of DNA evidence. If this *was* his rationale, it would suggest that he already had it in his head to do something (against Gabby) that might draw the attention of LE. This is merely hypothetical, but I get the impression that he thinks he's much, much smarter than everyone else and this seems like something a person with an intellectual superiority complex would consider!

Why would the police be trying to collect his DNA from a water bottle on Aug. 12th because of this call?

re: the timeline ... if he arrived back in Florida on the 1st, he would have had to drive at least 35 hours (I mapquested it). Add a few hours for a rest, bathroom break, traffic and you're looking at closer to 48 hours I would think. So he had to have left on the 30th - possibly earlier?
This is what I keep thinking about. If the last text to her mom was on the 30th, he had to have started back to Florida by that point. LE should be able to see the locations of both phones at the point that text was sent, so if he'd started to drive back and the phones were apart, it would be easy to prove if it wasn't him.
The fact that they've upgraded him to a POI makes me think it didn't work out that way.

I watched the video except for the end of the ride to the hotel. Like LE (apparently), I perceive BL to be patient, long-suffering and put-upon with GP being...labile. (Is that the term?) When the officer tells BL that Gabby will either have to go to a hotel (which seems like it's not a possibility for her) or to jail for the night, BL asks if he can go to jail in her stead. That struck me as kind.

I'm not saying this is the truth of the matter, just that I think most people will react the same way to this video as I do. And having a young daughter, I have a built-in bias against young men.

I bet I'm as confused as Ofc. Robbins is at this moment.

Bodycam: this cop - epic fail. Lets a distraught woman go off by herself in a van, takes boyfriend to a hotel. WTH?
Not really if she legally owned the van. I believe the cops asked if she could stay at the shelter but she was proven to be the assaulter. No shelter is going to put up an "assaulter" in a hotel and pay for it. They couldn't have him stay in the van because it wasn't his property. They had to follow the law. It's not ideal for her, but it is what it is.

This is what I keep thinking about. If the last text to her mom was on the 30th, he had to have started back to Florida by that point. LE should be able to see the locations of both phones at the point that text was sent, so if he'd started to drive back and the phones were apart, it would be easy to prove if it wasn't him.
The fact that they've upgraded him to a POI makes me think it didn't work out that way.

And the text could not have said anything about them returning home, or it wouldn’t have taken so long to report her missing.

<rsbm>

IIRC, they had called off their engagement and they had also just had a fight, yet in his convo with LE, BL refers to her as his fiancé. IMO, it seems his intent was to make their relationship seem rosier than it actually was.

In the recent press conference, the speaker said they called off their engagement because during COVID, they couldn't have "the wedding of their dreams" so they decided not to get married, but go on this very long trip instead. And looking at their online presence, that makes sense and rings true.

I haven’t had a case grab me like this since Shannan and Kelsey

Gabby reminds me so much of my 20 year old daughter. I just can’t stop thinking about what I would do if she were missing.

Not to mention what I would do if my 27 year old son showed up in his girlfriend’s vehicle and she was nowhere to be found.

Aside from just what I feel/see as a parent, the bodycam video took me right back to when my daughter was an infant and her father was abusive. In one instance, he chased me my two kids in his vehicle for several miles.

I won’t get too long winded but let me just say that by the time police arrived I had been run off the road, screamed at, my children terrorized and shaken and I was hysterical.

He turned it off like a switch and was calm, cool and collected.

I’m the one who almost went to jail because I admitted punching him in the arm when he tried to jump into my car with my kids.

I can just envision the police laughing along with him about how crazy I was since they didn’t witness the hours before that.

I am sure both of them were emotional during the event. Only one was able to turn it off like a switch when LEO arrived.

Only one is accounted for today.

I thought that same thing.
And, I can't shake the feeling that we're missing something--something vital.
It's just not adding up.

I think the answer is in the time line.
It makes no sense to fly to FL, fly back to Utah only to break up and take HER van back to FL.
I can't put my finger on it but the answer is in there.

I get that .....but why? why did the founders grant someone who has committed a crime a right not to speak ?? What past event caused this? maybe in England? that makes this a bad thing? ( making someone speak) there has to be data backing this up .... I don't still understand why besides providing a living for lawers
Yes it goes way back to a time when torture was used to elicit confessions, among other things. Without wanting to take up too much room and turn this into a long elaborate post about the 5th Amendment, the origins and further details about how and why it came to be are described in detail in the link provided.

In a nutshell, BL can’t be forced to speak by anyone including LE as he hasn’t been arrested and charged with any crime as of yet, therefore, he is free to choose whether he comes forward and says something, to cooperate with LE, or not. Having said that, do I personally think BL has a moral obligation to come forward cooperate and speak to LE regardless, yes absolutely.
This is his fiancé and he is the last known person to have seen/been with her. Presumably, at least at one time BL loved GP, so yes I think it’s morally reprehensible that he hasn’t willingly stepped up to the plate and tell LE what happened the last time he and GP were together, and the exact location of their last interaction.

His fiancé is missing, time is of the essence and imo the right thing to do is to cooperate with LE, just as LE and GP’s heartsick parents have implored him to do. But for some unknown reason, BL is choosing not to come forward and disclose what his last interaction with Gabby was and provide the location of said interaction.
The question is, why would he not want to give LE and GP’s worried, heartsick parents this critical. crucial information? I do find it highly suspicious that he won’t answer these, what seem to me to be simple questions, and really begs the question/s for me, why is he withholding this crucial information? What is he possibly hiding/hiding from?
I can only guess, but IMO truly innocent people that don’t have anything to hide, hide nothing ,and especially in the case of a missing loved one when time is of the essence and the clock is ticking.
I mean, how bad must something be that you won’t come forward and share crucial information about yours and others’ missing loved one??
IMO, by not coming forward and withholding this important information, BL is making things worse, wasting LE time and resources, causing GP parents and family members additional undue pain, and drawing more suspicion upon himself.

If you are truly innocent of any wrongdoing and have nothing to hide, man-up come forward and give LE and GP’s parents the answers they desperately need, just tell the truth. Simple as that.
Unless…..

All of the above IMHOO

Last edited:
I'm late to make this comment, but I frankly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he declined the offer of water from the police because he is aware (from popular culture) that law enforcement can use cups, cans, glasses that people have drunk from as a source of DNA evidence. If this *was* his rationale, it would suggest that he already had it in his head to do something (against Gabby) that might draw the attention of LE. This is merely hypothetical, but I get the impression that he thinks he's much, much smarter than everyone else and this seems like something a person with an intellectual superiority complex would consider!

This theory has been popping up very frequently on the boards. This would require very early premeditation. The police event happened on the 12th, and GP was heard from verbally at least the 24th/25th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810