Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some musings:
Why did the Laundrie's happen to buy a new camper around the time Gabby disappeared?
What happened to the Laundrie's previous camper?
Why did the Laundrie's cancel their Sept 1-3 camping reservation?
Did the Laundrie's know BL was coming home on Sept 1 or did they cancel their camping trip because he arrived home? Was the Sept 1-3 camping trip actually cancelled - we only have the attorney saying that.

Hunter Mannies, 44, said he saw the man who resembled Laundrie wearing a hoodie and drinking by himself at the end of the bar on the night of Aug. 26 at Bullwinkle’s Saloon in West Yellowstone.

Websleuth's timeline:
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.

AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

Aug 26 - FITS IN RIGHT HERE.

Jessica Schultz told the San Francisco Chronicle that she saw BL in the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near the park on August 26. She said she was driving behind BL while he was in the couple's white van alone, before he parked it on the side of the road.

Aug 27-Gabby and BL at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated BL began arguing with a waitress.

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM

So, in your opinion, they drove from Jenny Lake southward and then up into West Yellowstone and then back through Jenny Lake and to Spread Creek. How is Brian at a bar that evening in W. Yellowstone then? Van is seen in daylight hours at Spread Creek...so they left Spread Creek, drove through the dark to get a drink 3 hours away, then drove back in the middle of the night to be seen, once again, in the same spot in Spread Creek?

I just can't buy this one - but if it's true, it's very odd that LE doesn't seem to be interested in it.

Dog's announcement that he will be at BL's location in an hour serves a double purpose. If BL is monitoring MSM and hears that, will he start moving in broad daylight or sit tight because he only moves in the dark? Dog might be shaking the bush to get him to move during the day. IMO.
He does seem to notify local LE so maybe he has to wait for them to show up. He is unarmed, I think. Could that be the delay?

In case someone already posted this, did anyone zoom in well enough on the photo taken at Fort De Soto Campground by the Fort Myers couple with a man in the background to confirm that it's Brian Laundrie or to get a better look at him? Please post the photo if anyone has

I don’t know how it can be positively identified. That it looks like him snd that the attorney has substantiated that the 3 Landries were camping there at that time makes it very possible it is BL. But would it suffice as an alibi, for example, if something was going down with him as a suspect elsewhere? IDK

I think that LE has come to conclusion that BL went with his parents to that campsite on Sept 6, and they left Sept 8. Any info TO THE CONTRARY, to that would be of great interest, but anything substantiating it, is just reinforcing the belief.

“Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Dog is rolling to a remote site where he says Laundrie is hiding. Dog says he'll be at the site in less than an hour. We're told Dog had obtained information that leads him to believe Laundrie was alive and moving around as of 10 PM on Tuesday.

… ok so why would you out your plan??!!

---respectfully snipped for focus---

Perhaps they've had cadaver dogs in there, as well. Seems like they would, by now - perhaps there's one specific area of interest.

I don't know of course, but I bet they have. Those dogs can go out on boats and sense a dead body that's under the water. I guess as the body decomposes, it releases gasses that rise and the dog can hit on them.

It's amazing what dogs can do.

Pilot here again. Very low altitude flights.

N61801 Owned by TAMPA AVIATION CLUB INC, Cessna 172 airplane
Probably rented out or volunteer search assistance flying for hours in circles along the coast from 600 to 800 feet since 9:21 AM

N53DS PINELLAS COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE, helicopter, flying since 11:55 AM down to 200 feet at one point!

Very persistent low altitude flights. They are actively searching HARD for something of interest!
Per Brian Entin. Pinellas County Sheriff's Office tells me they know of no police activity at Fort De Soto right now. They say their chopper is in the hangar - and the only chopper over the area is a news helicopter.

MOD SOS

YIKES!
Just signed on after 3 hours away and come back to find 200 Reports sent in for Mods to check that many posts that apparently have some violation. DOUBLE YIKES!

It will take quite some time for me myself and I to do all the work that will be required to clear these Reports. Help will arrive soon in the form of our Senior Admin. Unfortunately, can’t leave the thread open and risk another 200 questionable posts made while the clean up happens. We would NEVER catch up so have to stop the bleeding now.

Thread is now CLOSED while clean up is tackled.

Last edited:
MOD UPDATE
2:00 pm CMT

We are aware of the news update from TMZ.
We are monitoring the news and if it is determined that there is a legit urgent reason to reopen the thread, we will do so.
As of now, the thread remains CLOSED and the Thread Cleanup trudges on.

ADMIN NOTE:

Thank you for tackling this massive review and cleanup, Coco.

We are waiting to hear back from Tricia for her input on where we may have to go from here.

Hopefully we won't have to, but we may need to close general discussion down completely and leave it Media *NO DISCUSSION* thread only until there is a major break in the case.

This thread is now Open

Be sure to follow the TOS and abide by any thread specific rules stated on page 1. There are only a few mods here who volunteer to support the threads. Help us keep this thread open by following the TOS.

Violators will receive an immediate 5 day time out.

I thought they should leave, but then I was like where could they go that would be any more private than their own home. The media and "protestors" would follow. So unless they could afford some type of gated compound, which they likely can't, I can't think of any place to go. Granted, I haven't though about it too hard, but still.

My concern isn't for the Laundries, I couldn't care less for what they are going through. I'm thinking of the neighbors, especially the children.

No police searching where Dog is searching near the campground.
What do police know about this reserve that keeps them there day after day? We don't know.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443320863810535429?s=21

Is it normal for police to be so non-communicative to reporters about why they are doing something - like continuing to search the nature preserve? I would think if they want the public's help and tips on this case they might throw us a bone as to what's going on.

Jossie Carbonare WPBF25

@wpbf_jossie

·
1h

CONFIRMED: #BrianLaundrie’s attorney says he now has a date when the phone was purchased - Sept. 4. TIMELINE: -Sept. 1 Brian returns early to North Port from cross country trip -Sept. 4 cell bought -Sept. 11 Gabby is reported missing -Sept. 14 Brian goes on hike/doesn’t return
4840BA94-062D-4BF5-9D02-C13589E0C579.jpeg

https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1443355347838803971?s=20

We’ve all likely seen the above by now. I wonder if the phone was intended to be a designated phone used to contact the attorney.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member