Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would want a DNA test on any trace of saliva on that can of drink, stat!
They probably don't have his DNA to compare it to, and also it takes a while to get results. I don't know how long it takes for the sun to degrade DNA either. Meh, they'll keep it moving in the direction of their hunches and best guesses.

'HELP THIS FAMILY' Pastor drops by Laundrie home to offer prayers, support
Watch VIDEO here:
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1443380435426361344?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1443380435426361344|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/brian-laundrie-gabby-petito

IMO TBH I'm more worried about Brian Laundrie's parents running away when and if noone is at their house watching them: no cops, no media.

They will not get anywhere if they tried. They do not strike me as the type to even have passports.

But even under that assumption, it doesn’t tell us 1) that they knew he was coming home alone

Well, yes, the must have known he was coming home alone, otherwise they'd have booked 4 places at the De Soto campsite....one for Gabby too.

But only 3 were booked, so BL must have communicated something to his parents.

Personally I think it is ethically questionable because it is not clear to me that their interests won't conflict at some point (like if the parents are charged with accessory after the fact) but it is definitely possible.

As an attorney you have a duty of confidentiality to each client. You can't share what one client tells you with another client.

So theoretically if you are engaged to represent Brian regarding potential criminal charges and then engaged to represent the Laundries to give advice generally, you can have two separate representations and you would have a duty to keep the matters separate and not share information between clients without explicit permission. If your advice to Brian is to not share information with his parents, you could facilitate that by not sharing information yourself either.

I think spelling it out makes it pretty obvious that the situation is messy.

One possible scenario is that Brian refuses to talk to anyone - refuses to talk to his parents, refuses to talk to the attorney. And the attorney is primarily representing the parents without actually knowing what happened either. The attorney can assume it's bad given the blanket advice for NO ONE to speak to LE on the advice of counsel because he just assumes nothing good can come of it. I wouldn't necessarily agree with that advice but his strategy so far has been silence to LE so who knows.
Can the attorney, after having stated he was representing Brian, absolve himself from this (BL's) case now and only represent the parents?
Especially considering the *original* client is now nowhere to be found?

Do we know that she was buying a burner phone at ATT? Does ATT sell burner phones?
I think he needed her to pay for it. I really hope my children don’t fail to launch! I think kids should move out by 18, either go to college or start a career. The laundries were housing their son and his girlfriend in a tiny house in Florida! They were from NY and presumably moved down there to retire (maybe be close to the sister and grandkids) but it appears that he followed them down there to mooch off them further.

They probably don't have his DNA to compare it to, and also it takes a while to get results. I don't know how long it takes for the sun to degrade DNA either. Meh, they'll keep it moving in the direction of their hunches and best guesses.

Sure, they have his DNA! The FBI had access to where he lived after all!
It'll be on something.....

Is it odd to take your mom with you to buy a cheap burner phone? Why was she there? Couldn’t he buy his own? Odd to me. MOO
It wouldn’t be weird if BL was on his parents phone plan… If they had to go to a carrier store to activate the phone - idk if they did or didn’t…this is just an example - if he’s not primary or authorized by the primary on the cell phone account, they prob wouldn’t let him activate it & he’d have to open an account in his own name or have a primary there with him. That was just the first thing that came to mind as to why it might not be odd. :)

They haven't seen him for two months. If I tell my parents I am flying in (we live in different countries), they are also cancelling plans. Is a bit different, but I can see why they would just go a bit later.

bbm...is it known whether or not he actually went home earlier in august as GP's uncle's timeline? if he did, they would have seen him more recently...

I agree up to that point, but most people would start to think that there was something terribly wrong, don't you think? I can't imagine what they thought when her body was found in the last place that the van that he drove home in.

Right, I agree. My posts were about their behavior before 9/10. Other posters were discussing if the parents knew Gabby was killed before Brian even got home or if they had a memorial when they went camping or if the mom got him a burner phone before 9/10.

I personally don't think it's fair to assume knowledge on the part of the parents before LE showed up at their door on 9/10. I think if you are the parents, you'd believe what your kid told you until shown otherwise. I would feel differently if Brian was in and out of prison or something where they had reason to think he was violent. But that's just my personal opinion worth as much as anyone pays for it on this site lol

But right, even in my most generous scenario there's a real WTF moment when LE comes to take the van.

BL parents didn’t know. He told them the van was too small and they bought them that camper. He was going to drive it back

I don't think the scenario you proposed is viable, for the reason that the Ford Transit Van has considerably more comfort, flexibility, storage, and roominess than the camper for the pick up truck bed.
Plus the van has the added benefit that the cargo area can be accessed from the passenger area while on the road.
MOO

I really cannot see what she saw in him. He is very unattractive for a 23year old IMO, and from what I saw at the Moab police stop, a jerk who was delighted when the police stop blamed her for the violence.
Poor Gabby.

I agree with you 100%. The poor thing was hooked into him since high school. Youth and lack of experience. Also he resembles her dad and stepdad - who seem like good men to me - and she just could not see the difference between them. The good vs the evil. It takes time, good guidance, and experience to be able to see these things. And Grace also.

Last edited:
BL parents didn’t know. He told them the van was too small and they bought them that camper. He was going to drive it back

I don't think the scenario you proposed is viable, for the reason that the Ford Transit Van has considerably more comfort, flexibility, storage, and roominess than the camper for the pick up truck bed.
Plus the van has the added benefit that the cargo area can be accessed from the passenger area while on the road.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member