Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, please let's help the moderators. They must be tearing their hair out with this thread! I just don't know how they cope!
A big thank you to 'the mods'.

I will add that there are timelines, links, off-limit topics, and other pertinent information of page #1 of each thread.

Please review this information, if you haven't already done so.

We do not want to be paused or shut down again, while the mods clean up violations.

Wed, September 29, 2021, 4:15 PM

Brian Laundrie purchased a new phone after he returned home without Gabby Petito this month, his family's lawyer confirmed
Who Is Brian Laundrie's Lawyer Steven Bertolino?

Brian Laundrie bought a new cell phone after returning from his cross-country road trip without fiancée Gabby Petito, the Laundrie family's lawyer confirmed on Wednesday.

Laundrie - who has not been found since his family reported him missing on September 17, three days after they say they last saw him - left the new phone before he vanished, lawyer Steven Bertolino told Insider.

Bertolino added that the FBI now has the recently purchased phone. Bertolino said he didn't know whether the FBI also has Laundrie's old phone.

"I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.)," Bertolino said in a statement. "Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on September 14, 2021 and the FBI now has that phone."

I agree with you 100%. The poor thing was hooked into him since high school. Youth and lack of experience. Also he resembles her dad and stepdad - who seem like good men to me - and she just could not see the difference in them. The good vs the evil. It takes time, good guidance, and experience to be able to see these things. And Grace also.

I feel like the best thing that can come out of Gabby’s senseless murder is that we become more aware of the types of people that are in this world - that we develop discernment- and that we pass this knowledge on to our children. The bad people in this world are attracted to and prey upon (abuse, exploit and manipulate ) the good people. They consume them if they are not strong, and if they are - like Gabby seemed to me to be - then they can resort to murder.

It wouldn’t be weird if BL was on his parents phone plan… If they had to go to a carrier store to activate the phone - idk if they did or didn’t…this is just an example - if he’s not primary or authorized by the primary on the cell phone account, they prob wouldn’t let him activate it & he’d have to open an account in his own name or have a primary there with him. That was just the first thing that came to mind as to why it might not be odd. :)

I agree, it's not at all unusual. You get a better price with most carriers if you have more lines. One of the young Carbuffs is on our plan for that reason--she's fully independent and pays us her share of the bill, but we're all saving quite a bit of money compared to two independent plans.

My brother got one of those eight-line plans and has his large family and my mom on it. All adults.

And if he felt entitled enough to slap her repeatedly it seems, in broad daylight on a public street, I don't believe that those parents did not see or hear him slapping her or worse, when they lived in their house.
I 2nd this, in spades.. they would have seen Gabby's tearful apologia as well. Many many times. That accidental Moab clip , while it may have been unusual for the coppers, it was par for the course for Gabby and Brian, and him threatening to drive off, and most probably having actually driven off before, on that road trip, her left in a totally strange place to ' calm down'..

The parents would have been well aware of all this palaver, weekly.

Exactly, and by only booking 3 places, it indicated they knew Gabby wouldn't be coming!

So many questions here, and I'm sure the Feds have a good chunk of info that they obviously cannot divulge right now to the public.

I keep going back to the thought that Brian (and maybe his parents) really thought Gabby's body would never be found.

Hard to pin down exactly what his thought process was at that point.. In that van, there must have been some sort of instrument he could use as a shovel, he had a certain amount of time on his side.. But that would require clear and logical thinking, and considering his public behaviour up to that point, logic and clarity were not operative.

And his rage. That must have been overwhelming, really.. how much trouble and unpleasant scrutiny she had bought upon him, him, he, who was above all this little vloggy stuff and hard work and was a warrior for nature and all that soft stuff.

I can see him stomping off, full of fury, with that peculiar flatfooted walk (which is why I doubt the App trail story, flat feet ) , not even stopping to pay respect, or to even cover up his own crime, but a cavalier 'up yours' to the world. .

Because that is what it was. Leaving her out there, exposed, subject to animal curiosity, the weather, the dust, the difficulty of her parents finding her.. a big middle finger to it all.

I wondered if the ground was too hard to dig into so he wasn't able to bury her or could he have taken off home impulsively immediately
after her demise?

I feel like the best thing that can come out of Gabby’s senseless murder is that we become more aware of the types of people that are in this world - that we develop discernment- and that we pass this knowledge on to our children. The bad people in this world are attracted to and prey upon (abuse, exploit and manipulate ) the good people. They consume them if they are not strong, and if they are - like Gabby seemed to me to be - then they can resort to murder.

I'd be happy to see a well equipped safe house come out of it for victims of DV.

Active doing what?
She doesn't know anything. They are making this up as they go along. A cute distraction. I suppose they want the cash reward.

IMO
The man is a bounty hunter. Catching fugitives for money is his actual job. While I don’t like the exclamatory statements coming from his team, you can’t fault them for doing it for the money. Plus, from what I’ve read, he lost one of his daughters at Gabby’s age, and this case hit him particularly hard.

To paraphrase something JB Biunno said on the WFLA livestream earlier today, I don’t care if the leprechauns bring BL in, only that he’s brought to justice.

All MOO.

Edited for typo.

The phone is the subject of discussion/debate on HLN (Gabby Petito Investigation: Where is the Fugitive Finance). One of the guests feels certain he has a phone of some sort on him along with a "backpack full of cash" (her words - I'm sure it's just conjecture - her opinion, etc.). This show is on right now in my time zone.

I 2nd this, in spades.. they would have seen Gabby's tearful apologia as well. Many many times. That accidental Moab clip , while it may have been unusual for the coppers, it was par for the course for Gabby and Brian, and him threatening to drive off, and most probably having actually driven off before, on that road trip, her left in a totally strange place to ' calm down'..

The parents would have been well aware of all this palaver, weekly.

Do you have a link to this being normal behavior for them? I have seen nothing to suggest that and I really doubt that people in their circle would be just be cool with physically assaulting your partner. Gabby worked so hard on her public image through social media and no one has come forward to say they knew that their relationship was abusive.

It is also really dangerous to pretend that abuse only happens in public. A cornerstone of long-term domestic violence is that it is well hidden. Women are sure no one would believe them because their husband is so well respected, so well liked. That dynamic occurs because the abuse only happens in private - it does not occur in front of other people. Assuming that Brian's parents, who are by all appearances normal middle class people, would just be fine with their son openly beating his partner is so far unsupported by facts unless you have a source that says otherwise.

Something mentioned on HLN/Jean Casares show is the first few minutes of the hour-long DV footage when Brian says he's worried about a phone then says he doesn't have a phone and then he pulls a phone out of his pocket and looks at it.

I just keep wondering how the Feds are cool with Dog entering the scene, you know? They've been so tight lipped about what they have thus far and Dog comes in, showing his hand at every turn. I just am so unsure about all of it.

Dog has worked with LE for years, he has great respect for them. They both have the same goal. When Dog catches someone, he turns them over to L.E. Then he's done. He is a Bounty Hunter. He also can't carry a firearm, so he has developed wily ways of flushing someone out. One of them is announcing to everyone he is looking for you and where he is looking. #1. - That seems to cause the suspect to Not go back to that place, and #2- the suspect realizes they can't rest, so they keep on the move and are more likely to be seen or make a mistake. He does show his hand because he knows bad news travels fast and the suspect will hear about it one way or another, and start getting sloppy. If LE or the Feds didn't want him around I'm sure we'd hear about it. JMO.

So I guess Dog/Duane has access to those items via the FBI? Someone mentioned that earlier.
Dog said the FBI gave him permission to knock on their door. I think the FBI would welcome the help from trained experts such as Dog just as they welcome the help from the Van Lifers, social media, TES, Chris McD., Websleuths, tiplines, etc.

I really don't think it would be bright to hide on an island. You've nowhere to run to.

It would make sense to me if he had a kayak. It fits with his environmental image too. Wonder if they’ve looked into that. I don’t see him getting a motor boat. But a kayak is perfect for zipping between islands. You can pull it up out of the water & no one even knows anyone is on the island.

But island life only works if you have a boat. Otherwise it’s just a trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties