Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they book the camping trip after he came home though? So they'd know she wasn't coming if he fed them some story about how they broke up.

And JMO - if they did think he was coming home with her, it's very possible they just wanted to keep it to the three of them. Just because they were together doesn't mean she has to go with him to every family outing.

Again, JMO.

So I guess Dog/Duane has access to those items via the FBI? Someone mentioned that earlier.

DOG has access to nothing. He's actually possibly breaking the law by doing what he's doing and turning this whole case into a circus. According to WWSB News he's a bail agent. See the last sentence there before the link.

"How do bail agents operate in Florida?

While they don’t need to get a warrant like the police do, the agent will have to have documents relevant to that case when they apprehend someone, as well paperwork identifying themselves as a licensed agent.

According to the website of Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, who’s office regulates these things, out of state agents, like Chapman, have very limited powers in Florida. A bail bond agent may enter another state to locate a defendant who was released on a bail bond written by that bail bond agent. If the bail bond agent did not write the bail bond, then they are not authorized to make an arrest.

Conducting your own manhunts without the proper licenses is class-three felony."

How do bail agents operate in Florida?

Dog has worked with LE for years, he has great respect for them. They both have the same goal. When Dog catches someone, he turns them over to L.E. Then he's done. He is a Bounty Hunter. He also can't carry a firearm, so he has developed wily ways of flushing someone out. One of them is announcing to everyone he is looking for you and where he is looking. #1. - That seems to cause the suspect to Not go back to that place, and #2- the suspect realizes they can't rest, so they keep on the move and are more likely to be seen or make a mistake. He does show his hand because he knows bad news travels fast and the suspect will hear about it one way or another, and start getting sloppy. If LE or the Feds didn't want him around I'm sure we'd hear about it. JMO.

Makes sense. I know very little of him, so I'm trying to see this from every perspective possible. JB did say today on his live stream that Dog is working with retired LE from the area to help him navigate the lay of the land, too.

And if he felt entitled enough to slap her repeatedly it seems, in broad daylight on a public street, I don't believe that those parents did not see or hear him slapping her or worse, when they lived in their house.

There are two very different eyewitness accounts of that incident. They had a 7-year relationship with no evidence that we know of of prior dv, nor anyone coming forward and saying "she confided in me," "she had injuries that she excused," etc. Also, she didn't live with him at his parents house for very long in the grand scheme. So I'm meh on how abusive he was prior to the Moab incident -- or even in connection with the Moab incident. Which doesn't mean he didn't kill her, obviously. I just think the speculation around everything is just ooc

Do you have a link to this being normal behavior for them? I have seen nothing to suggest that and I really doubt that people in their circle would be just be cool with physically assaulting your partner. Gabby worked so hard on her public image through social media and no one has come forward to say their relationship was abusive.

It is also really dangerous to pretend that abuse only happens in public. A cornerstone of long-term domestic violence is that it is well hidden. Women are sure no one would believe them because their husband is so well respected, so well liked. That dynamic occurs because the abuse only happens in private - it does not occur in front of other people. Assuming that Brian's parents, who are by all appearances normal middle class people, would just be fine with their son openly beating his partner is so far unsupported by facts unless you have a source that says otherwise.
Taking into consideration the prolonged cruelty of the Laundrie's towards Gabby's parents, not to mention the pain and risk of all those searchers, and hunters etc,.which the Laundries seem quite at ease with, I don't think it's a step too far to figure out that some wild and ghastly behaviour has been taking place in that household for some time.

Murderers don't spring up from nothing. And the way Brian hopped out of that van already in deflect mode, talking fast and earnestly to LE about Gabby's shortcomings made it look like long practice, years long.

Inside a home isn't public... it is very private if the majority of the inhabitants co-operate in the denigration of you. And especially if there is a real effort to publicly play an entirely different role.

I 2nd this, in spades.. they would have seen Gabby's tearful apologia as well. Many many times. That accidental Moab clip , while it may have been unusual for the coppers, it was par for the course for Gabby and Brian, and him threatening to drive off, and most probably having actually driven off before, on that road trip, her left in a totally strange place to ' calm down'..

The parents would have been well aware of all this palaver, weekly.
Yes and no. BL and GP might not have fully displayed that dynamic in the house, their entire relationship may have been different. In the house, there were other people to talk to. They lived, for the first time if I understand this right, apart from last year's trip, together as a couple this year. In Florida it was a dynamic with 4 people. Different. BL might have also missed his parents suddenly, for example.

Jeez, my mind went immediately to possible techniques for persuading a live chicken to swallow it.
Buying a cooked chicken or even a frozen one would indeed be an excellent idea .

Didn't Steve Irwin used to feed crocodiles chicken at the Australia zoo? From what I remember watching on TV it actually didn't look so easy ( assuming the human was trying to avoid being eaten too)

Either BL went to the preserve to kill himself and didn't need a phone or he brought burner phones with him to use. I don't see him trying to feed alligators his phone, but then again it's hard to imagine a murder suspect using their dead/missing girlfriend's debit card to buy gas.

Do you have a link to this being normal behavior for them? I have seen nothing to suggest that and I really doubt that people in their circle would be just be cool with physically assaulting your partner. Gabby worked so hard on her public image through social media and no one has come forward to say they knew that their relationship was abusive.

It is also really dangerous to pretend that abuse only happens in public. A cornerstone of long-term domestic violence is that it is well hidden. Women are sure no one would believe them because their husband is so well respected, so well liked. That dynamic occurs because the abuse only happens in private - it does not occur in front of other people. Assuming that Brian's parents, who are by all appearances normal middle class people, would just be fine with their son openly beating his partner is so far unsupported by facts unless you have a source that says otherwise.
BBM
I don't think anyone said abuse only happens in public. My point was that if it does happen in public, it may well also happen in private. If you would slap your partner around on a public street with witnesses, what would go in private. MOO.

DOG has access to nothing. He's actually possibly breaking the law by doing what he's doing and turning this whole case into a circus. According to WWSB News he's a bail agent. See the last sentence there before the link.

"How do bail agents operate in Florida?

While they don’t need to get a warrant like the police do, the agent will have to have documents relevant to that case when they apprehend someone, as well paperwork identifying themselves as a licensed agent.

According to the website of Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, who’s office regulates these things, out of state agents, like Chapman, have very limited powers in Florida. A bail bond agent may enter another state to locate a defendant who was released on a bail bond written by that bail bond agent. If the bail bond agent did not write the bail bond, then they are not authorized to make an arrest.

Conducting your own manhunts without the proper licenses is class-three felony."

How do bail agents operate in Florida?

BL is not out on Bail.
Dog would not be making an arrest if he locates him.
He would contact LE.

Dog knows Bail Bondsmen all over the country, he could easily work under a Fla Bondsmen's License. But BL did not jump bail.

It's hard to keep up in this thread

but I saw earlier and agree ATT doesn't sell burner phones, but they are readily available elsewhere and are pretty cheap. That said there are legit reasons to be getting a phone too. Hell, his parents could have got frustrated when they couldn't reach him when he and Gabby were out west. Thus on his return, his Mom took him to get a better one. Perhaps Brian didn't want it and one reason he left it behind.

That's very likely... IMO. He did it to please his Mom and then left it behind. However, AT&T does sell prepaid phones, if that's what a burner phone is. He could have picked up a burner phone anywhere though. Convenience stores sell them. Walmart, etc.

There are two very different eyewitness accounts of that incident. They had a 7-year relationship with no evidence that we know of of prior dv, nor anyone coming forward and saying "she confided in me," "she had injuries that she excused," etc. Also, she didn't live with him at his parents house for very long in the grand scheme. So I'm meh on how abusive he was prior to the Moab incident -- or even in connection with the Moab incident. Which doesn't mean he didn't kill her, obviously. I just think the speculation around everything is just ooc
The evidence of the relationship being volatile was quite a few of her friends saying it was on again off again, done with drama and tears, one friend,. (( was it Rose?? ) said Gabby would come and stay with her at her place when things went bad, Rose said she came about 10 times.

That is the 'evidence ' I base my conclusions on.. it would take a bit to shift those conclusions, and since it is pretty clear that he actually did murder her, in the end, she is actually dead, I don't think my conclusions are too far off the mark, really.. however, it is always interesting to read another point of view.

And if he felt entitled enough to slap her repeatedly it seems, in broad daylight on a public street, I don't believe that those parents did not see or hear him slapping her or worse, when they lived in their house.

I have a strong feeling they did not like her - at least the mother did not. We have seen what kind of people they are - he and his mom. And we have seen what kind of people Gabby and her parents are. So there would have been a tension there. Mom Laundrie has gone to great lengths to protect, help and cover for her son with his bad character. The fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree. BL and Gabby are opposite fruits.

We have already discussed the Moab incident in depth.
The eye witnesses gave their accounts of two different stages of the same altercation.
It has already been verified that LE received the initial report, that he was beating her. They got that.

Her friend also stated that there was coercive control happening in their relationship, attempts to isolate her and controlling her movements, he hid her ID on a night she intended meeting up with her friend .

Brian Laundrie's parents break cover as it's revealed they changed Florida park booking to 3 people | Daily Mail Online

This is part of a timeline shared at the link above:

Aug. 31: Laundrie's mother Roberta cancels a camping trip for 2 to Fort De Soto campsite for Sept. 1-3
Sept. 1: Laundrie returns to his parents' home in North Port, Florida in the van without Petito
Sept. 6-8: Laundrie and his parents visit Fort De Soto campsite in Florida, records show. (lawyer says they stayed only from Sept. 6-7)
Sept. 10: The Laundries' neighbor Karyn Roberts says she saw Laundrie at the family home
Sept 11: Gabby reported missing
Sept. 14: Laundrie issues a statement about Petito's disappearance through his lawyer. Also on this day, Laundrie allegedly left his parents' home for a hike to the nearby Carlton Reserve.; buys a cellphone

Dog said the FBI gave him permission to knock on their door. I think the FBI would welcome the help from trained experts such as Dog just as they welcome the help from the Van Lifers, social media, TES, Chris McD., Websleuths, tiplines, etc.
THIS. Also remember the Petito & Schmidt families thanking both the media and social media for being on top of this case. MOO.

Although, she is the one who is dead. And he is camping with his mommy and daddy. What a child.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member