Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know BL is not out on bail. But "bounty hunter" literally means bail agent. That is what DOG is licensed to do. He's not a fugitive hunter. You need state licenses for that. See the article I linked to.

Dog The Bounty Hunter was the name of his reality show. I think with this case, "Dog" is there because he's a Dad and wants justice for Gabby. jmo

There are two very different eyewitness accounts of that incident. They had a 7-year relationship with no evidence that we know of of prior dv, nor anyone coming forward and saying "she confided in me," "she had injuries that she excused," etc. Also, she didn't live with him at his parents house for very long in the grand scheme. So I'm meh on how abusive he was prior to the Moab incident -- or even in connection with the Moab incident. Which doesn't mean he didn't kill her, obviously. I just think the speculation around everything is just ooc
If you listen to the recording and read the police report, they are not that different. One said he wasn’t sure what he was seeing but it seemed like she was trying to get her phone back from him and was trying to prevent him from driving off without her. The witness didn’t know that it was her van. But we do. And the caller reported a violent encounter involving him hitting her. The police interpreted the written report from Chris through their own lense and I feel pretty confident that if the caller and the one who wrote the report are called to testify, their accounts will sound very similar when asked similar questions on the stand. Moo.

Rose is a relatively recent "bff" met on bumblebff afaik. She has no long term history with Gabby and also didn't say he was physical with her.

Gabby Petito's close friend on Brian Laundrie search: "He's good with nature. So, my first thought was — he's in the woods"

If you have a link to the 10 times she came to Rose when things went "bad," please post it because I haven't seen that

I remembered reading Rose saying a comment like that too, she didn’t put a number on it where I read it, but did say a “bunch of times”: “Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn't want to go home to him.”

Rose has given a few interviews so there may be another source.

Rose also said in this article he took Gabby’s ID so she couldn’t go out, which to me is also a big red flag :(

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Actually, you could shove a phone into a raw whole chicken and I bet it would eat it.

Yes I bet you're right, but carrying around a raw chicken would have been sure to give BL an unfortunate case of salmonella, not something you want while alone in a swamp.

I remembered reading Rose saying a comment like that too, she didn’t put a number on it where I read it, but did say a “bunch of times”: “Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn't want to go home to him.”

Rose also said in this article he took Gabby’s ID so she couldn’t go out, which to me is also a big red flag :(

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Thanks. A "bunch of times" is closer to 10 than never.

I don't know why some people find it strange that he may have been an abuser, seeing she is dead. My father was a domestic abuser and no one ever knew but my mother and my siblings.

Most people have accepted that BL is probably a narcissist by now from an armchair perspective at least. IMO his mother could also be a narcissist. His father seems to be in the background. I think BL's mother probably rules the roost. It is possible that GP's only use for GP was to help her with her business. Narcissists discard people who are no longer of use to them. I think both GP and BL's father were the codependents in that home.

I agree and feel the same way with everything you wrote.

A bunch of times!. that sounds right..

Put it down to culture gap , where I live a bunch of equals about 10. a cupla, = 2. a few = 3.. and so on. thanks for that reminder of the vernacular used.. I appreciate it.

Right, I agree. My posts were about their behavior before 9/10. Other posters were discussing if the parents knew Gabby was killed before Brian even got home or if they had a memorial when they went camping or if the mom got him a burner phone before 9/10.

I personally don't think it's fair to assume knowledge on the part of the parents before LE showed up at their door on 9/10. I think if you are the parents, you'd believe what your kid told you until shown otherwise. I would feel differently if Brian was in and out of prison or something where they had reason to think he was violent. But that's just my personal opinion worth as much as anyone pays for it on this site lol

But right, even in my most generous scenario there's a real WTF moment when LE comes to take the van.

You’re right that it’s not fair to assume. But their subsequent behavior is consistent with the possibility of guilty knowledge prior to his actual return. They behaved in such an “unusual” way at the time of the public announcements that I don’t feel quite as compelled to give them the benefit of my many doubts. I’d say it’s as likely as not in this case that they know, and knew, quite a bit.

I don't know why some people find it strange that he may have been an abuser, seeing she is dead. My father was a domestic abuser and no one ever knew but my mother and my siblings.

Not just dead but dead by homicide, and he, who was the last person seen with her, who was seen abusing her, who took her van and money, is on the lam.

That's very likely... IMO. He did it to please his Mom and then left it behind. However, AT&T does sell prepaid phones, if that's what a burner phone is. He could have picked up a burner phone anywhere though. Convenience stores sell them. Walmart, etc.

Well, ATT is more high profile and has better records, and those aren't burner phones perse' if for no other reason ATT keeps fairly meticulous records etc.

In other words the sheer fact we know they purchased phones from ATT means getting burner phones from ATT might not be the least conspicuous place to go.

Which is one reason I'm thinking if he has burner phones he didn't get them there. Plenty of evidence Brian was playing a charade with his parents, and when the time was coming and he had tough questions coming he did a quick fade.

For the record, I don't think it's strange that "he may have been" an abuser. I think it's strange that so many people are absolutely certain without evidence of other abuse in a seven-year relationship, a lot of which directly involved the parents in close quarters (in HS and while she was living with the Laundries).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member