Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The campground itself, or the surrounding islands?

Didn't we see some evidence that he has been to DeSoto previously? If so perhaps he knows 2-3 good areas and hits the islands, when he can.

I'm sharing this article here because, although I feel like it MUST have been shared before, I absolutely don't remember seeing it posted, or seeing any discussion around it. It came up for me just now when I was trying to find a particular quote from Gabby's friend, Rose.

Aside from general comments she makes that BL was jealous, a couple of other more specific details from Rose jumped out to me:
  • Petito would often talk to her about the blowout arguments and tense fights she'd had with Laundrie.
  • Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working [...]
  • Laundrie wasn't supportive of Petito's social media aspirations to chronicle their travels and offer road trip hacks
Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'

Every recent reported sighting of Brian Laundrie

While the search for Laundrie continues, there have been several reported sightings of him in a number of states and even other countries.

However, none of the claims have been verified by police, with some outright dismissed as not accurate.

Appalachian Trail
Fort De Soto Park, Florida
Alabama
Okaloosa County, Florida
Canada
North Port, Florida
Montana

This is an excellent article on DV and the Moab stop.
Recognising an abusive relationship is a skill that can be taught.

A domestic violence relationship can be good at times and look loving on the surface, but at its core it is a power imbalance where one person is being tortured. It is a relationship of pain and dominance that slowly erodes the victim’s sense of self until they believe they are responsible for the harm inflicted upon them.
All Of The Ways That The Gabby Petito/Brian Laundrie Police Stop Went Wrong

I believe her disintegration, as witnessed on the Moab footage did not arise from a single incident!
I have been in some of the worst abusive relationships imaginable. Starting with familial sexual abuse and ending with a loaded gun held to my head. I have no problem recognizing an abusive relationship and I'm not saying this wasn't one.

I think there was only one phone. His mom bought him a regular phone on September 4th, which he left home on the 14th. There only seems to be one source stating he bought another burner on the day he left home. Imo
What is the source saying he bought a burner on the day he left home? Maybe we can clear up the confusion.

What I am seeing, and forgive me if it is a radical point of view, I am seeing the Laundries psychologically and metaphorically abusing the Petito's even now, in a calculated and relentless manner, even now. They have not let up, they are going to let the Petito's swing in the wind until Kingdom come.

It isn't a big leap to believe they showed the same brazen co - operation with Brian in his tantrums at home with Gabby.
BBM. Of course! Which is likely why Gabby went to her friend Rose's home for the night. In fact, the "reason" for their 4-month Van Life may have been to take a needed break from the home of Brian's parents. jmo

Women are not so much rebelling but are at the mercy of these violent men. What can we do ? Men are supposed to protect us and if they hurt us where can we go ?
Well, they can come on forums like this and hear, that she may have run off with another man that she met five minutes ago and left all her possessions and her bankcard and phone with the poor little boy who ran home to his mommy.

I think there was only one phone. His mom bought him a regular phone on September 4th, which he left home on the 14th. There only seems to be one source stating he bought another burner on the day he left home. Imo
I may have worded my question poorly, I’m sorry. I agree I think both sources are referring to the same incident, same purchase (one purchase total), but I am confused about the dates. There is also only one source stating the 4th, just as there is one source stating the 14th. I’m inclined to lean with the 4th being more accurate, I think. Even though I think this lawyer has gotten stuff mixed up before that he retracts later. But seems like a pretty confident lawyer message from me, since he included the dates I assume he double checked them. Are you thinking the same?

The campground itself, or the surrounding islands?

Just getting caught up on the latest updates today, and I see there are two searches going on. My opinion almost the entire time has been that BL is in the water in the reserve. Backed up of course by the FBI's relentless search there. As for Dog? lol. Yes, I would prefer he find BL alive and I will be very glad if I am wrong.

I mean hind sight is 20/20, so I’m not saying anyone at the time would know she was for sure being abused to the point of being in danger. But independent pieces of evidence are pointing toward a guy who was dangerous and getting more dangerous. He took her things when angry, things that gave her freedom or security (her phone, her license), she escaped to a friend’s house to take shelter from him, he didn’t like that they had apps on their phones to let them track each other and told gabby to delete hers, he made her cry in very public places, on two separate occasions that we know about, in less than a two week period, she died somehow when on a trip with him, and then he used an ATM card that was not his and probably was hers, even after she was dead, and so I am feeling 99.9% comfortable in my deduction that he abused her/attempted to control her and that others knew it. On that huge list, I have forgiven my husband for doing exactly ONE of those things (making me cry in a public place) and if he dared to do any of those other things I would leave him so fast his head would spin.

Those are messed up, totally unacceptable, totally abnormal behaviors that signal contempt and lack of agency for the abuse, and I just feel the need to spell that out, because it seems like we are getting used to hearing he did things and that we might be slipping into thinking they weren’t that bad, probably seemed different. No. We need to call those behaviors put when we see them in Brian and when we see them in anyone. Not acceptable.

That he had got to the stage, well, they both had, really, where these differences and conflicts, which are part of any relationship had become the path to violence. Him slapping her, him locking the car door , him taking the keys and driving off, her scrambling in the drivers side window, all of this on the high street at high noon, her scratching his face, him speeding up ( to scare her, I believe ) and her , in fright, grabbing the wheel, she says, he says, to slow him down..

All these things take years to get there, sometimes, or they can take weeks.. But when it gets to that, where they both actually seem to forget where they are and who is watching, it is in a very dangerous phase.

There is only two endings then. Both walk away or only one gets to walk away. Usually, it's the male.

What is the source saying he bought a burner on the day he left home? Maybe we can clear up the confusion.
FBI 'seizes footage of Brian Laundrie buying burner phone the day he vanished'

FBI agents seized surveillance footage from the store as reports have surfaced that Laundrie may have visited the location with an older woman on September 14.

It was the same day that his parents last saw him, as they alleged he left to hike at Carlton Reserve and never returned home.

Brian Laundrie latest: Reportedly purchased burner phone day of disappearance

Brian Laundrie ‘bought burner phone’ on the day he disappeared from parent’s home

Brian Laundrie reportedly purchased a burner phone on the day he disappeared from his parent’s home in Florida.

I'm sharing this article here because, although I feel like it MUST have been shared before, I absolutely don't remember seeing it posted, or seeing any discussion around it. It came up for me just now when I was trying to find a particular quote from Gabby's friend, Rose.

Aside from general comments she makes that BL was jealous, a couple of other more specific details from Rose jumped out to me:
  • Petito would often talk to her about the blowout arguments and tense fights she'd had with Laundrie.
  • Petito had been working 50 hours a week at a local Taco Bell prior to the couple's trek, which began in early July. She says Laundrie did not want Petito working [...]
  • Laundrie wasn't supportive of Petito's social media aspirations to chronicle their travels and offer road trip hacks
Gabby Petito's Best Friend Says Brian Laundrie Had 'Jealousy Issues': 'Toxic Relationship'
I had forgotten the bit where Brian says , he doesn't want Gabby working.. what was that all about ? well.. usually, it's to prevent her from possibly relating to other people, and also, it's a status thing, she is working , he is not, and he feels low, so he has to bring her down, as well. ..

It's a classic move of narcs to get particularly agitated about their women working, even if it financially rewards them, .. they will cut off their own nose, etc..

You can click the little upwards pointed arrow next to the username in the quoted post to go back through the thread to see the original post he was replying to! (Just thought I’d make that PSA because yesterday someone asked how to see the full threads and in case other people don’t know, wanted to provide that info!)

I posted an article from Fox News, but it quotes TMZ as the source saying that the burner phone was bought on Sep 14th. I am inclined to believe the lawyer, instead, that it was bought on Sep 4th.

I mean hind sight is 20/20, so I’m not saying anyone at the time would know she was for sure being abused to the point of being in danger. But independent pieces of evidence are pointing toward a guy who was dangerous and getting more dangerous. He took her things when angry, things that gave her freedom or security (her phone, her license), she escaped to a friend’s house to take shelter from him, he didn’t like that they had apps on their phones to let them track each other and told gabby to delete hers, he made her cry in very public places, on two separate occasions that we know about, in less than a two week period, she died somehow when on a trip with him, and then he used an ATM card that was not his and probably was hers, even after she was dead, and so I am feeling 99.9% comfortable in my deduction that he abused her/attempted to control her and that others knew it. On that huge list, I have forgiven my husband for doing exactly ONE of those things (making me cry in a public place) and if he dared to do any of those other things I would leave him so fast his head would spin.

Those are messed up, totally unacceptable, totally abnormal behaviors that signal contempt and lack of agency for the abuse, and I just feel the need to spell that out, because it seems like we are getting used to hearing he did things and that we might be slipping into thinking they weren’t that bad, probably seemed different. No. We need to call those behaviors put when we see them in Brian and when we see them in anyone. Not acceptable.
I couldn't agree with you more tbh. I'm sitting here crying thinking about her suffering & senseless death. RIP sweet Gabby.

I actually had not seen this. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme