Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry if I missed this clarification already, looked extensively but moving too fast.

Brian’s lawyer said he bought a new AT&T phone on the 4th, and left it at home when he disappeared on the 14th

However, the media articles say he bought the new phone on Sep 14th, the day of his disappearance (such as: Brian Laundrie seen buying cell phone from Florida store on day of disappearance, report says)

Do we trust the source of TMZ (that’s a fox article but TMZ seems to be the source saying the 14th), or the source of Brian’s lawyer? Which date is right?

Also, side note, I don’t enjoy the term “burner phone” for this AT&T visit. A contracted phone attached to your name is not a “burner phone”. It is a replacement for a lost/broken/hidden phone, or a decoy ‘real’ phone purchase, but it is not a burner phone.

I also do believe the lawyer that the FBI has that phone in their possession, because I don’t think he’d lie publicly about something the FBI doesn’t have.

for some reason, I’m more inclined to believe the lawyer about the Sep 4th purchase because it doesn’t make sense to me that Brian would buy a new phone and leave it at home on the same day he went missing. It’s more likely he came home without a phone (or with a phone full of evidence) and went to get a new phone shortly after on Sep 4th.

If this has been covered, I apologize, please point me in the right direction or let me know what you are thinking.

The Sep 4th vs Sep 14th purchase date confused me.

I don't know why some people find it strange that he may have been an abuser, seeing she is dead. My father was a domestic abuser and no one ever knew but my mother and my siblings.
I'm really sorry you experienced that. There's been a lot of discussion in various places about why this case in particular is so huge, & there's obviously lots of factors (& different combinations for each of us), but I do think a lot of people following this case have experienced DV (that is also the case for me).

Last edited:
For the record, I don't think it's strange that "he may have been" an abuser. I think it's strange that so many people are absolutely certain without evidence of other abuse in a seven-year relationship, a lot of which directly involved the parents in close quarters (in HS and while she was living with the Laundries).
I don't think that they were in a seven year relationship. I think that they had a high school relationship and met up later.
And people do reasonably think that is unreasonable to think the first time he abused her, he killed her.

Is this fiasco giving anyone else Caylee Anthony flashbacks? Missing for weeks before being reported, parents helping the suspect, a bounty hunter? Florida?

I have thought about the potential parallels, if any, between the sets of parents.
While I don't say George & Cindy overtly helped Casey, I think they had such a trained response to her sociopathic tantrums-that is, to pacify her lest she be set off-that they failed to push back hard when they knew they should have, knew Caylee was dead, and eventually knew she was down the street.
Remember, were it not for Cindy's original hunt for Casey and call to 911, it would have been weeks if not months more before something gave.
Cindy paid dearly for those early actions, see jail visits where Casey is absolutely venomous. C&G lost all ground in terms of how to handle her after that.
If this is the dynamic within the Laundrie family, the parents are not going to be helpful. So far, at least, Mrs. Laundrie hasn't walked outside to scream at the media and neighbors....but she also hasn't provided the 'dead body in the godd@mned trunk' call, either.

For the record, I don't think it's strange that "he may have been" an abuser. I think it's strange that so many people are absolutely certain without evidence of other abuse in a seven-year relationship, a lot of which directly involved the parents in close quarters (in HS and while she was living with the Laundries).
What I am seeing, and forgive me if it is a radical point of view, I am seeing the Laundries psychologically and metaphorically abusing the Petito's even now, in a calculated and relentless manner, even now. They have not let up, they are going to let the Petito's swing in the wind until Kingdom come.

It isn't a big leap to believe they showed the same brazen co - operation with Brian in his tantrums at home with Gabby.

Actually no, he already flew in earlier that month. I forgot.
Yes he did, not long after they were detained in Moab. Maybe 5 days. I truly believe this event was what started the whole horrible thing. I also thought that when the FBI searched the home, all that stuff in the garage was what had been moved out of storage. I think the FBI has lots of DNA from both of them. MO

Most people have accepted that BL is probably a narcissist by now from an armchair perspective at least. IMO his mother could also be a narcissist. His father seems to be in the background. I think BL's mother probably rules the roost. It is possible that GP's only use for GP was to help her with her business. Narcissists discard people who are no longer of use to them. I think both GP and BL's father were the codependents in that home.
What I know is that I know nothing about Brian's parents. No comments, statements, interviews, body language, sideways glances at the media. I won't attempt to diagnose silence.

I was just sitting here, overwhelmed by how much happened today, & didn't, &

I'm really sorry you experienced that. There's been a lot of discussion in various places about why this case in particular is so huge, & there's obviously lots of factors (& different combinations for each of us, but I do think a lot of people following this case have experienced DV (that is also the case for me).
Violence toward women has become a hot subject world wide. DV a secondary, but not less important subject. If a woman walking home in London can be abducted by a serving police officer using his police badge to kidnap and rape her, it is out of hand and women are rebelling.

I’m sorry if I missed this clarification already, looked extensively but moving too fast.

Brian’s lawyer said he bought a new AT&T phone on the 4th, and left it at home when he disappeared on the 14th

However, the media articles say he bought the new phone on Sep 14th, the day of his disappearance (such as: Brian Laundrie seen buying cell phone from Florida store on day of disappearance, report says)

Do we trust the source of TMZ, or the source of Brian’s lawyer? Which date is right?

Also, side note, I don’t enjoy the term “burner phone” for this AT&T visit. A contracted phone attached to your name is not a “burner phone”. It is a replacement for a lost/broken/hidden phone, or a decoy ‘real’ phone purchase, but it is not a burner phone.

I also do believe the lawyer that the FBI has that phone in their possession, because I don’t think he’d lie publicly about something the FBI doesn’t have.

for some reason, I’m more inclined to believe the lawyer about the Sep 4th purchase because it doesn’t make sense to me that Brian would buy a new phone and leave it at home on the same day he went missing. It’s more likely he came home without a phone (or with a phone full of evidence) and went to get a new phone shortly after on Sep 4th.

If this has been covered, I apologize, please point me in the right direction or let me know what you are thinking.

The Sep 4th vs Sep 14th purchase date confused me.
I think there was only one phone. His mom bought him a regular phone on September 4th, which he left home on the 14th. There only seems to be one source stating he bought another burner on the day he left home. Imo

I just saw this on HLN (Jean Casares). Breaking news from the Laundrie family attorney re: the phone purchase. It was September 4 - not September 14.
I'm wondering if there were two phone purchases. One on the 4th and one on the 14th. On the 4th Brian and his mom went into ATT. And on the 14th, Brian bought a burner phone.

This is an excellent article on DV and the Moab stop.
Recognising an abusive relationship is a skill that can be taught.

A domestic violence relationship can be good at times and look loving on the surface, but at its core it is a power imbalance where one person is being tortured. It is a relationship of pain and dominance that slowly erodes the victim’s sense of self until they believe they are responsible for the harm inflicted upon them.
All Of The Ways That The Gabby Petito/Brian Laundrie Police Stop Went Wrong

I believe her disintegration, as witnessed on the Moab footage did not arise from a single incident!

Violence toward women has become a hot subject world wide. DV a secondary, but not less important subject. If a woman walking home in London can be abducted by a serving police officer using his police badge to kidnap and rape her, it is out of hand and women are rebelling.

Women are not so much rebelling but are at the mercy of these violent men. What can we do ? Men are supposed to protect us and if they hurt us where can we go ?

I remembered reading Rose saying a comment like that too, she didn’t put a number on it where I read it, but did say a “bunch of times”: “Gabby had to stay at my house a bunch of times because she just needed a breather and didn't want to go home to him.”

Rose has given a few interviews so there may be another source.

Rose also said in this article he took Gabby’s ID so she couldn’t go out, which to me is also a big red flag :(

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online
I mean hind sight is 20/20, so I’m not saying anyone at the time would know she was for sure being abused to the point of being in danger. But independent pieces of evidence are pointing toward a guy who was dangerous and getting more dangerous. He took her things when angry, things that gave her freedom or security (her phone, her license), she escaped to a friend’s house to take shelter from him, he didn’t like that they had apps on their phones to let them track each other and told gabby to delete hers, he made her cry in very public places, on two separate occasions that we know about, in less than a two week period, she died somehow when on a trip with him, and then he used an ATM card that was not his and probably was hers, even after she was dead, and so I am feeling 99.9% comfortable in my deduction that he abused her/attempted to control her and that others knew it. On that huge list, I have forgiven my husband for doing exactly ONE of those things (making me cry in a public place) and if he dared to do any of those other things I would leave him so fast his head would spin.

Those are messed up, totally unacceptable, totally abnormal behaviors that signal contempt and lack of agency for the abuse, and I just feel the need to spell that out, because it seems like we are getting used to hearing he did things and that we might be slipping into thinking they weren’t that bad, probably seemed different. No. We need to call those behaviors put when we see them in Brian and when we see them in anyone. Not acceptable.

Home | Daily Mail Online
PUBLISHED: 22:03 EDT, 29 September 2021 | UPDATED: 22:45 EDT, 29 September 2021

https://eat.cms-lists.org/host-http...ed-changed-Florida-park-booking-3-people.html

Brian Laundrie's father was spotted breaking cover from the family home Wednesday as the hunt for his son continues
upload_2021-9-29_23-52-7.png
He picked up a Dunkin' Donuts delivery and a bunch of flowers that were left on the doorstep in North Port, Florida
upload_2021-9-29_23-52-45.png
Brian's mother Roberta was also seen in the doorway helping her husband with the goods but stayed inside the home
48570843-10043603-image-a-20_1632966954884.jpg

Christopher Laundrie inched outside momentarily to collect the supplies before ducking back inside the property that they used to share with their son's girlfriend Gabby Petito
48570841-10043603-image-a-33_1632967128277.jpg

Packages are dropped off to the Laundrie household
  • Documents reveal Brian's mom changed a reservation for the Fort De Soto Park campsite where the trio of Laundries are now known to have stayed in the days before Gabby Petito was reported missing
  • Roberta canceled a reservation for two from September 1 to 3 and booked for three from September 6 to 8
  • Brian returned home early from his and Gabby's campervan trip September 1
  • FBI is examining surveillance footage from the area where Dog the Bounty Hunter believes Brian may be
  • Federal investigators are also following a lead that Brian bought a burner phone from a North Port AT&T store
  • He reportedly bought it with 'an older woman' on September 14 - the day his parents said they last saw him

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member