Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we see some evidence that he has been to DeSoto previously? If so perhaps he knows 2-3 good areas and hits the islands, when he can.
Oof, speaking of islands...
If one wanted to get out of dodge and were already in Florida, it would not be difficult, not difficult at all, to find one's way to Cuba.
I met some dudes in Key West that boated that way often and, no shade to them, but if they didn't recognize BL as a fugitive, they seemed like the kind of dudes that would be glad to take money for a 90 mile cruise. They were basically transients living on boats who probably don't catch the 5 o'clock news.
It would be a place where, as a murderous defector, BL could find work, shelter, and food, and the Cubans would house him as they've housed other US criminal citizens.
Seems out there, I know, but the moral of the story is that the borders of the entire state need to be watched if he hasn't already slipped away.

I’m sorry if I missed this clarification already, looked extensively but moving too fast.

Brian’s lawyer said he bought a new AT&T phone on the 4th, and left it at home when he disappeared on the 14th

However, the media articles say he bought the new phone on Sep 14th, the day of his disappearance (such as: Brian Laundrie seen buying cell phone from Florida store on day of disappearance, report says)

Do we trust the source of TMZ (that’s a fox article but TMZ seems to be the source saying the 14th), or the source of Brian’s lawyer? Which date is right?

Also, side note, I don’t enjoy the term “burner phone” for this AT&T visit. A contracted phone attached to your name is not a “burner phone”. It is a replacement for a lost/broken/hidden phone, or a decoy ‘real’ phone purchase, but it is not a burner phone.

I also do believe the lawyer that the FBI has that phone in their possession, because I don’t think he’d lie publicly about something the FBI doesn’t have.

for some reason, I’m more inclined to believe the lawyer about the Sep 4th purchase because it doesn’t make sense to me that Brian would buy a new phone and leave it at home on the same day he went missing. It’s more likely he came home without a phone (or with a phone full of evidence) and went to get a new phone shortly after on Sep 4th.

If this has been covered, I apologize, please point me in the right direction or let me know what you are thinking.

The Sep 4th vs Sep 14th purchase date confused me.

On HLN tonight on the GP special they stated that the Laundrie attorney confirmed the phone was purchased on Sept. 4th, not Sept. 14th

BBM. Of course! Which is likely why Gabby went to her friend Rose's home for the night. In fact, the "reason" for their 4-month Van Life may have been to take a needed break from the home of Brian's parents. jmo

Thank you MyBelle, often parents and their young adult children have dysfunctional relationships, dare I say most of the time. This could be a distinct possibility they could be extremely pissed being put in this position, and Brian leaves and wants no help at all. As I heard elsewhere they may not be helping him at all., and they really don't know where he is now.

This doesn't excuse them not talking to Gabby's parents, but I could see them wanting to believe Brian if he fabricated some story, at least initially.

Just getting caught up on the latest updates today, and I see there are two searches going on. My opinion almost the entire time has been that BL is in the water in the reserve. Backed up of course by the FBI's relentless search there. As for Dog? lol. Yes, I would prefer he find BL alive and I will be very glad if I am wrong.

Curious, how do you think he ended up in the water? I’m making the assumption you believe he may be deceased and submerged in water. I hadn’t considered this option and am genuinely curious to learn more.

Is it odd to take your mom with you to buy a cheap burner phone? Why was she there? Couldn’t he buy his own? Odd to me. MOO

He probably didn't have the bucks, and maybe they thought it should all be handled by his mother, so as not to have his name or any other info about him on anything -- he didn't even want to be seen getting or paying for a burn phone, IMO..... No phone, no pool, no pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Violence toward women has become a hot subject world wide. DV a secondary, but not less important subject. If a woman walking home in London can be abducted by a serving police officer using his police badge to kidnap and rape her, it is out of hand and women are rebelling.
Women should be rebelling and roaring. There has been a real disconnect and it's been going on for years. Women are taught to call 911 for help. Instead, they are being treated by a few members of LE as the criminals and that needs to stop. I hope upstanding members of LE are as outraged by Gabby's case as are victims and their families.

This case first caught my attention when the Moab police cam video was released and I saw and heard some of them treat Gabby as the aggressor rather than the victim. My own daughter had a similar experience with 911 responding police in 2017. Some serious work and training needs to take place. jmo

Every recent reported sighting of Brian Laundrie

While the search for Laundrie continues, there have been several reported sightings of him in a number of states and even other countries.

However, none of the claims have been verified by police, with some outright dismissed as not accurate.

Appalachian Trail
Fort De Soto Park, Florida
Alabama
Okaloosa County, Florida
Canada
North Port, Florida
Montana

Isn't it always the way, though? Sightings of a wanted person or missing person usually happen, especially in well covered cases like the present one. And then either prove to be false or unverified for whatever reason. BL IMO has a look that isn't all that uncommon, so it isn't surprising that he is spotted far and wide. As for Canada, where I live, I honestly don't think he could cut it up here, too rough a terrain at many of our border areas (mtns.,thick forests) and will soon be too wintery cold up here for this coward used to warmer weather lol. (just getting a bit late night silly here sorry ;)

It wouldn’t be weird if BL was on his parents phone plan… If they had to go to a carrier store to activate the phone - idk if they did or didn’t…this is just an example - if he’s not primary or authorized by the primary on the cell phone account, they prob wouldn’t let him activate it & he’d have to open an account in his own name or have a primary there with him. That was just the first thing that came to mind as to why it might not be odd. :)
To put the phone in her name probably to possibly avoid LE from knowing he had one in his name. Also, how in the world could two young people go on a multi month road trip not working. I don’t know anyone that can go on a 2-4 month excursion at their ages. I take my family for a week and we go through $5000 easy. I still don’t know how they could afford any of this let alone a phone.

Hypothetical based on recent MSM reports of GP missing person report stating her Long Island home was her probable destination:

BL calls mom and tells her he and GP have been fighting a lot and they broke up. GP is flying back to NY and he's driving back, he'll be home in a couple of days.

8/31 - RL cancels the original camping trip for two and schedules a new one for three since BL will now be home.

No one knows how BL acted during this time. Maybe he seemed normal to neighbors, but how many times have we all had something major going on that we didn't necessarily broadcast to the world?

9/6-9/8 - Family goes camping. We're going with the documents, not this baloney lawyer because, honestly, they need to get it together. I've never seen more attorney-client miscommunication in this short of a time period in my life. He doesn't know when they picked up the car, the phone, if there is a phone, if they camped and when, then he "confirms" it and none of it matches up. So documents are what we're using - at least when and where we can.

9/10- GP's mom starts trying to contact somebody to find out if anybody has talked to GP. Before returning the call, RL checks with BL, have you heard from GP? No, she was going back to her mom's, we're done, yadda yadda.

No one knows what the messages or calls from GP's mom said, but for purposes of this hypothetical, let's assume she says she hasn't heard from her, she's worried about her, and she's filing a missing person's report the next day.

The Laundries talk and BL says he doesn't know. As far as he knew, she left. Maybe they even tried to call GP's phone and got voicemail - it is off at this point.

At this point in our hypothetical, 9/10 is the first time they could have had an inkling something was wrong because they were more concerned with BL and assumed GP was at her mom's.

So now the Laundries are thinking, well, it's been 11 days (if we say he left on the 30th), you're the last person to have seen her, you were fighting, her phone is going to voicemail, the van is here, you are here, and she is not. This doesn't look good, and I think we need to call a lawyer. The police are going to want to talk to you if she files a missing person report and we want to make sure you're protected.

And well, good thing they do because on 9/11 LE show up to get the van and ask to speak to him, but his lawyer has already told him don't say anything. (Not necessarily good thing in real world, but for this hypothetical it is.)

His lawyer did admit that last bit on 9/15. Attorney says fiancé will not speak about Gabby Petito's disappearance

Now, that's as far as I've gotten in my hypothetical for their actions because I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where you stay in your house day after day while other people search for the son you fear may hurt himself.

Edited to fix some of my spelling errors, getting past my bedtime and my Swyping accuracy is rapidly decreasing lol

Last edited:
I find this useful to post every once in a while. If you need to remind yourself of any abbreviations used:
Abbreviations and Acronyms LIST ONLY NO DISCUSSION

ETA: this isn’t actually the link I meant to post because this is from the Casey Anthony thread lol. I swear there is just a general websleuths one. Can’t find it now.

Here are a few:
MOO = My opinion only / My own opinion
JMO = Just my opinion
IMO = In my opinion
IMHO = In my honest opinion
ETA = Edited to add
SBM = Snipped by me (when you cut out some of a post youre quoting to reply to a specific part)
RSBM = Respectfully snipped by me
BBM = Bolded by me (when you bold text in a post you’re quoting for emphasis)
AFAIC/K = As far as I’m concerned/know
OTOH = On the other hand
IIRC = If I remember correctly
LE = Law Enforcement

Those are the ones I see regularly so hopefully can help some people navigating these threads

Last edited:
Oof, speaking of islands...
If one wanted to get out of dodge and were already in Florida, it would not be difficult, not difficult at all, to find one's way to Cuba.
I met some dudes in Key West that boated that way often and, no shade to them, but if they didn't recognize BL as a fugitive, they seemed like the kind of dudes that would be glad to take money for a 90 mile cruise. They were basically transients living on boats who probably don't catch the 5 o'clock news.
It would be a place where, as a murderous defector, BL could find work, shelter, and food, and the Cubans would house him as they've housed other US criminal citizens.
Seems out there, I know, but the moral of the story is that the borders of the entire state need to be watched if he hasn't already slipped away.

Since he has had a huge head start all options are on the table, still not sure he had the resources or knowledge to pull this off effectively. IMHO he would need help to go to Cuba.

Got it. I must have misremembered LE saying they had done it. I realize now the reason they said original was because the one her step-father laid.

You didn’t misremember. I also read that investigators laid the cross. I can’t find the article now, so it may have been removed when the family stated that the first cross was not connected to anyone involved with the search and recovery.

I was there last Monday night at approximately 7 pm and the gates to the road had been opened. There were already a few reporters and photographers there. I didn’t go all the way back to the site, as it felt eerie and the sun was soon setting. But there were definitely people around. It was either The Daily Mail or The Sun that first reported the cross, and I’m willing to bet one of them placed the first cross.

This article describes that the actual site is tough to find, so that’s why I believe a tabloid placed the first cross.

One week later, Spread Creek abuzz with curiosity about Gabby Petito case

THIS is tragic. Someone's sweet child has been murdered.

Sad that it’s getting to this point in that neighborhood. It sure sounds as if the neighbors aren’t entirely supportive of the bullhorn crew. I sure as heck would not be. Unfortunately I assume neighbors vocalizing a lack of desire for the protestors would probably be misconstrued as supporting the Laundries and people have to live there once this is all said and done. I expect things will spin out in the neighborhood if this public disruption is allowed to continue.

Curious, how do you think he ended up in the water? I’m making the assumption you believe he may be deceased and submerged in water. I hadn’t considered this option and am genuinely curious to learn more.

I don't know exactly, lol, it just seems like if he did in fact tell his parents he was going for a hike, and didn't return, and with the car being left there, then the FBI showing up due to 'intelligence' and searching that vast expanse I figured it was the easiest and most likely solution. In other cases, the perp has taken his own life after doing damage and murdering someone, not unheard of. And the reserve does seem like a place that is extremely difficult to search and find a body. Or maybe he met his demise amongst the alligators. I guess I'm just going with the thought that the FBI has alot more info than we do, so they know what they are doing. I could change my mind though, just an instinct from following so many cases. :)

Sad that it’s getting to this point in that neighborhood. It sure sounds as if the neighbors aren’t entirely supportive of the bullhorn crew. I sure as heck would not be. Unfortunately I assume neighbors vocalizing a lack of desire for the protestors would probably be misconstrued as supporting the Laundries and people have to live there once this is all said and done. I expect things will spin out in the neighborhood if this public disruption is allowed to continue.

The article posted upwards said the neighbor was later arrested for committing battery on the protester. That sucks.

Since he has had a huge head start all options are on the table, still not sure he had the resources or knowledge to pull this off effectively. IMHO he would need help to go to Cuba.
Perhaps not the knowledge and not sure he'd be able to play it cool enough to approach someone about the possibility. Kind of a black market-esque thing. Although, Andrew Cunanan got around (even using his own name) for over a month after he was put on the FBI 10 Most Wanted. Adrenaline or stupidity or both.
You've helped me segue into this: Do we know anything about this guy's associations outside his family? We all rightfully are wondering about the parents' role, but I wonder if he had any seedy friends to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member