Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to believe BL’s parents do not know his location. Hear me out. I’m not saying they didn’t help him. Not saying they haven’t heard from him. I do think they may have all decided it was best if they do not know where he is and can honestly say, “We don’t know where Brian is”. JMO
I don't think they know where he is either.

That's an interesting point. However, it does seem like the lawyer is now representing Brian's parents. Would a lawyer be able to represent Brian and his parents? I don't know how that works.

Personally I think it is ethically questionable because it is not clear to me that their interests won't conflict at some point (like if the parents are charged with accessory after the fact) but it is definitely possible.

As an attorney you have a duty of confidentiality to each client. You can't share what one client tells you with another client.

So theoretically if you are engaged to represent Brian regarding potential criminal charges and then engaged to represent the Laundries to give advice generally, you can have two separate representations and you would have a duty to keep the matters separate and not share information between clients without explicit permission. If your advice to Brian is to not share information with his parents, you could facilitate that by not sharing information yourself either.

I think spelling it out makes it pretty obvious that the situation is messy.

One possible scenario is that Brian refuses to talk to anyone - refuses to talk to his parents, refuses to talk to the attorney. And the attorney is primarily representing the parents without actually knowing what happened either. The attorney can assume it's bad given the blanket advice for NO ONE to speak to LE on the advice of counsel because he just assumes nothing good can come of it. I wouldn't necessarily agree with that advice but his strategy so far has been silence to LE so who knows.

Given that he didn't want to drink out of plastic, do we really think he would drink out of a can, let alone leave it out on the ground?!
If we're talking about what we think, I think he's desperate, in survival mode, and will do what he has to to keep going. That said, I laughed when I saw the pic of them holding it up. Unless they can smell him on it it literally could have come from anywhere, lol.

They were not originally planning to have BL join them at the campsite on Sept 1-3.

BL's parents booked a campsite for two people Sept. 1-3. Cancelled the booking on August 31. Rebooked for Sept. 6-8, for three people.

So his parents knew on the 31st that he was coming home, but that caused them to cancel the trip that was scheduled for Sept. 1-3.

Laundrie family changed De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show

I checked, and you do indeed need to specify the number of people when you book at that De Soto.
I find the August 31 cancellation so interesting. BL was reportedly on his way home on that day. IMO she had to know something was “up” before he even got home in order to cancel the reservation prior to Sept 1. Hmmm..interesting.

I think a lot of people would call a lawyer when the police show up with a warrant to take a van out of your driveway. Even just to understand what is the legal process here and what do we have to do.
I agree up to that point, but most people would start to think that there was something terribly wrong, don't you think? I can't imagine what they thought when her body was found in the last place that the van that he drove home in.

'HELP THIS FAMILY' Pastor drops by Laundrie home to offer prayers, support
Watch VIDEO here:
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1443380435426361344?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1443380435426361344|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/brian-laundrie-gabby-petito
Is there police or media at the Laundrie house ALL night? Is there ever a time when no one is watching the house? Could he simply have come back home after the police finished their search?
IMO TBH I'm more worried about Brian Laundrie's parents running away when and if noone is at their house watching them: no cops, no media.

Very odd. Since they said Gabby was a homicide victim, can they subpoena her phone records which would include all calls and text messages? So even if he destroyed her phone and his, the records and data would be available to authorities, I hope?
Absolutely they can, and I believe that there will be surveillance footage if not receipts of any phones he purchased.

Is there police or media at the Laundrie house ALL night? Is there ever a time when no one is watching the house? Could he simply have come back home after the police finished their search?
IMO TBH I'm more worried about Brian Laundrie's parents running away when and if noone is at their house watching them: no cops, no media.

I am starting to believe BL’s parents do not know his location. Hear me out. I’m not saying they didn’t help him. Not saying they haven’t heard from him. I do think they may have all decided it was best if they do not know where he is and can honestly say, “We don’t know where Brian is”. JMO

Don't ask, don't tell. Plausible deniability. I can see it.

MOO.

I don't think I've followed a case so frustrating. Especially as far as "current" cases go. Nothing has been typical or predictable. Developments have come so quickly, yet there are still so many questions. Answers that can't come fast enough.

I was almost hoping the "discussion" part of the thread was going to be closed. It's so hard to keep up and so many pages seem to be duplicates of the others. Of course I appreciate everyone here and the discussion and thoughts each of you bring, but I can't be the only one overwhelmed here. Frankly, I probably need a break from Gabby's case. Also, I can't possibly pull myself away. She's captured us all.

I know each of us has our own reason for being here and I respect that. Please, make sure you take time out for yourself and appreciate those around you. It's okay to step away, just as much as it's okay to feel deeply about these cases. We're all human.

Love yourself and love one another.

May today be the day we've all hoped for. #justiceforgabby

He's (allegedly) a murderer, an abuser and a thief, so I can't see leaving a can on the ground troubling his conscience much.
What people say and do on their photos and social media is very different to their actual lives.
Plus, his actual life is now 'on the run'....so throwing a can away is the least of his problems.

yes and one more thing, people will immediately change after they commit murder. Especially if it was a good person murdered. The darkness will envelop them so much more and sensitive people can see the changes. I mean he actually legitimately looks like a Sasquatch in that photo at De Soto. He had a very creepy vibe before he murdered her but when we finally get to see his mugshot you will understand what I mean.

The parents canceled the reservation for Sept 1st-3rd on August 31st, the day before the two of them were supposed to go camping. I think it’s safe to assume that they canceled because they found out Brian was on his way back, especially since they turned around and rebooked for the three of them a couple of days after he got home. I imagine they didn’t get much of a refund, if any, by canceling at the last minute. Sure, there could have been another reason, but this one makes a lot of sense. Son is coming home early (and alone) from a trip that was supposed to last months longer, and he’s driving all across the country by himself, so let’s stay home and make sure he’s ok.
But even under that assumption, it doesn’t tell us 1) that they knew he was coming home alone, or 2) if they did know he was coming home alone, why they thought he was coming home alone (they could easily believe they fought and broke up or he was coming home because she flew home for a break or something). It doesn’t tell us anything by itself.

I find the August 31 cancellation so interesting. BL was reportedly on his way home on that day. IMO she had to know something was “up” before he even got home in order to cancel the reservation prior to Sept 1. Hmmm..interesting.
They haven't seen him for two months. If I tell my parents I am flying in (we live in different countries), they are also cancelling plans. Is a bit different, but I can see why they would just go a bit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat