Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What doesn't make sense is for there to be video footage of him and his mom buying it on the same day he supposedly got missing on the hike. Why buy a phone and directly leave it at home? It's a BRAND NEW PHONE. What younger person forgets that? And what person lets his mom buy him a phone if he knows he's about to kill himself that day?

And remember the car got ticketed for being abandoned at 242pm that same day, September 14th. What sense is this making?
The phone was bought on the fourth. There was a miscommunication about it being bought on the 14th versus the 4th.

What doesn't make sense is for there to be video footage of him and his mom buying it on the same day he supposedly got missing on the hike. Why buy a phone and directly leave it at home? It's a BRAND NEW PHONE. What younger person forgets that? And what person lets his mom buy him a phone if he knows he's about to kill himself that day?

And remember the car got ticketed for being abandoned at 242pm that same day, September 14th. What sense is this making?
The lawyer claims he bought the phone Sep 4th which is what HLN is saying. The report of the 14th purchase is (so far) being sourced only from TMZ and reported elsewhere off of that, so take that as you wish. I’m thinking the 4th is the accurate date, for now.

Oh, I can.
I'm sure that neo-hippy stuff was just a façade and a thing he dabbled in. I think BL is a hypocrite and will use plastics and eat meat as long as no-one knows.
If he's on the run, he's going to need to stay awake.....Monster will quench his thirst and keep his mind ticking over.

This could be true. He could have been very fake. But also, being on the run doesn't really suit that choosy environmental lifestyle, either. If you're thirsty, well, gotta use what's readily available.

That was my theory, too, about why he shouldn't survive so long, either. Hiding in the woods is not the same as hiking and camping at your leisure. It should get hard for him very soon if not already.

The lawyer claims he bought the phone Sep 4th which is what HLN is saying. The report of the 14th purchase is (so far) being sourced only from TMZ and reported elsewhere off of that, so take that as you wish. I’m thinking the 4th is the accurate date, for now.

TMZ reported there was video. That's why I'm looking at it. But we'll hopefully see. Thanks.

ETA -- two other sources decided TMZ must be right because they reported it, too, referencing TMZ. I would hope they'd fact-check before doing that, so....

Brian Laundrie ‘bought burner phone’ on the day he disappeared from parent’s home

Brian Laundrie ‘bought burner phone’ on the day he disappeared from parent’s home

Last edited:
The ground might have been impossible to dig in that area, or sandy. Plus, I don’t think BL is strong enough to move a body.

Someone asked earlier if this case was giving Florida v. Anthony vibes. This indeed reminds me of when Casey borrowed the neighbor's shovel...and returned it about 3 minutes later. Too much work for princess.
And the fights in front of the Laundries' house. That's another unfortunate similarity brewing.

We had a really long talk about that in another thread. I think they would be. Others said they wouldn't.

MOO

The point that I saw being made was that it’s a 3 day weekend. On Labor Day itself, people will taking down their tents and packing their camping stuff, heading home to start the work week on Tuesday.

So, camping spaces will open up for people to come in Labor Day afternoon. Sounded plausible to me. The point being, of course, that it may not have been so unthinkable that the Landries could get a camping spot. Sounded plausible to me.

MOO

TMZ reported there was video. That's why I'm looking at it. But we'll hopefully see. Thanks.
Oh of course, I’m not putting anything away just yet. Maybe there were two purchases. Maybe the lawyer fubbed the date. Maybe TMZ’s source fubbed the date. I don’t know, but none of us do because neither source has corrected themselves yet, so it’s worthy of a little speculation! Although, the miscommunication with this lawyer, as well as some of the press, is starting to bother me. Even they can’t keep it straight!

But why did he come back without his girlfriend and his phone?

How would he even get home without a phone. I assume he used his phone for mapping his route. Sure he could have physical maps since they were camping a bunch, but he would’ve had to stop a lot to read them and figure out next steps and it sounds more like he shot home like a bat out of hell instead of carefully planning his route on a physical map. I bet he used GPS (esp as a 23yr)

ETA: Maybe for this and other reasons, they believe he brought his (original) phone home, and they are looking for it at the reserve?

Not sure. Just came back to Websleuths after a far-too-long hiatus b/c I knew you guys would have the goods. That might be a great place to start. I am already itching for a good old fashioned Sunshine Law doc dump, but gotta bring him to justice first!
ETA-Or the parents, esp. since their would-be crimes would have taken place in Florida.
Question:
If this is a Federal case (eg under FBI control) will the sunshine law apply?

That's, of course, making the assumption he'll be found and charged with her homicide.

Canines’ Role in Urban Search & Rescue

They don't need BL's scent to use canines. Recently they used canines to locate both survivors and deceased in the building collapse in Florida. It is incredible what they can be trained to do. Meanwhile, my German Shepherd barks at falling leaves...
If BL jumped in the ocean with his clothes on (or the swamp), does that degrade scent? You can foil it with pepper IIRC.

I think this may be the beginning. I suspect things are going to get worse in that neighbourhood. JMO
I don't necessarily. That couple are the only two making noise and disrupting the peace and driving the neighbours crazy, aren't they?
If they left peace would be restored, I think. The journos are not too disruptive and the flower delivery people are quiet too.

MOO

The point that I saw being made was that it’s a 3 day weekend. On Labor Day itself, people will taking down their tents and packing their camping stuff, heading home to start the work week on Tuesday.

So, camping spaces will open up for people to come in Labor Day afternoon. Sounded plausible to me. The point being, of course, that it may not have been so unthinkable that the Landries could get a camping spot. Sounded plausible to me.

MOO

Like I said, we had a long talk about it in another thread, and I'm going with my own thoughts about it. It doesn't in any way change the investigation, so I'm leaving it at that, but thanks.

How would he even get home without a phone. I assume he used his phone for mapping his route. Sure he could have physical maps since they were camping a bunch, but he would’ve had to stop a lot to read them and figure out next steps and it sounds more like he shot home like a bat out of hell instead of carefully planning his route on a physical map. I bet he used GPS (esp as a 23yr)

ETA: Maybe for this and other reasons, they believe he brought his (original) phone home, and they are looking for it at the reserve?
Good point about him needing a phone for directions home!

Oh of course, I’m not putting anything away just yet. Maybe there were two purchases. Maybe the lawyer fubbed the date. Maybe TMZ’s source fubbed the date. I don’t know, but none of us do because neither source has corrected themselves yet, so it’s worthy of a little speculation! Although, the miscommunication with this lawyer, as well as some of the press, is starting to bother me. Even they can’t keep it straight!

And they might not correct themselves because both things might be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member