Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But how did Gabby's parents find out that Gabby wasn't with BL? It seems that maybe someone from the Laundrie household must have spoken with the police to advise them. (Even if it was perhaps after the missing person's report was filed.)

And if that is the case, then the police probably already have some kind of story as to why Gabby wasn't with BL. Likely that would be whatever BL's story to his parents was. imo
It seems pretty simple to me. Gabby's parents hadn't heard from her except in odd text messages for days. Then the Laundries didn't return any messages, and Gabby's phone probably ran out of battery (wherever it is). I think her Dad simply drove by the Laundrie's house, saw the van, and called the police. I can't remember if that was before or after her mother filed a Missing Person's Report in Wyoming. They knew something was badly wrong and were getting no answers. If Gabby was there in Florida, she would answer their calls or show up to see her Dad.

If GP wasn’t even “missing” until September 11, technically everyone involved should have been under the impression/understanding that everything was totally normal and all people involved were fine. With this being the case, there is a lot of timeline based information that shows the dirty Laundrie family knew more than anyone else about the situation, well before anyone else:

• GP is killed
  • Baldo races home in GP’s van without her
  • dirty laundries buy Baldo a new phone / plan (was Baldo on GP’s phone plan? This would show that they knew he wasn’t going to continue on that plan
  • P family calling and texting dirty laundries to find GP, they haven’t heard from her and are worried. Dirty laundries ignore all contact and engage their lawyer
  • Dirty laundries go camping (conspiratorially Baldo does not return with them)
  • GP officially missing (no reason for dirty laundries to have ignored anyone or done anything strange until this point if they were clueless as to the condition of GP)
  • Dirty laundries say Baldo left his wallet and phone and took a hike
  • GP found - homicide
There’s too much going on before GP is even reported missing / found
BBM
Remember, no evidence to prove this happened before the 10th. Circumstantial evidence to the contrary.

I wonder how BL getting the phone on Sept 4 connects to BL saying he doesn't have a phone in the Moab stop? (Even though it seems that he did...) Maybe he told his parents he lost it?

That's my thoughts. That he told them he lost it and since they broke up, he needed his own account. Maybe his parents were just in denial at the time. Still doesn't account for their behavior since they now know the truth. IMO.

Could be. But nonetheless, as a parent, I'm going to need some clarity. I would be completely loathe to initiate a call to my adult child's ex or (worse yet) her parents, but if I didn't have clarity on what happened, that's what I would do. "Hey Gabby, we've got some of your things here. Sorry about what's happened between you two but I would like to make sure you get your things back. Where should we send them?"
So what would you do if the other parent initiated the call? I think you'd answer the call or the message they left you, especially if they said they hadn't heard from their child and were worried.
Individually, each detail can be explained away. However, when you put it all together there's no doubt.
You have a son, he and his fiance live in your home for over a year. They go on a cross country trip. Unannounced, your son returns home in his fiance's only mode of transportation, with her belongings in your home and that van. Her parents are calling and texting you expressing concern since they haven't heard from their daughter. Meanwhile your going on a family camp out and bike riding in the neighborhood and replacing a cell phone. The police show up a week later, you hand them an attorney's card, an attorney you had already hired.
I know there are those who have a hard time believing any parent could be so callous, but when you look at the details in their context, there's no other conclusion.

If the monster energy can that DTBH recently found on the island did indeed belong to BL, my how the mighty have fallen.
BL previously posted (according to previous threads) about the "infestation" of people in the parks and now he's a littering person of interest in the homicide of his girlfriend.

This is exactly why I think it's a big mistake for SB to be texting journalists small parts of the story. He may not have meant new "account" but just trying to signal it was not burner phone, it had an account attached to it. I don't think we know either way. His texts are just one sentence answers.

I'm at the age where I want people off my lawn, so....the reason I think it's a big mistake for him to texting journalists small parts of the story is that it comes across as highly unprofessional (read: lacking in credibility) to people who are of the age where they want people off their lawn (and possibly to a few others...)

Looks like they took the tip seriously enough to search. I am pretty sure this #BrianLaundrie dude is hiding in Fort De Soto Park. A bunch of islands, easy to camp in, no big predators. An ex military family member of mine thinks they saw him there.

Peace River Search & Rescue joined search for Brian Laundrie in Fort De Soto Park
Peace River Search and Rescue assisted Dog the Bounty Hunter in Fort De Soto Park Wednesday.
nbc-2.com
Yes, Peace River is a good SAR unit. They were used when we lost 2 teenage boys at sea down here in South Florida in 2015. Sadly, the boys never returned although a barge ship found their boat on way to Norway, many months later! I trust Peace River! Prayers anyone finds BL. Alive preferably!

I wonder how BL getting the phone on Sept 4 connects to BL saying he doesn't have a phone in the Moab stop? (Even though it seems that he did...) Maybe he told his parents he lost it?
He could well have destroyed his phone after he arrived home, pretended to his folks he lost it somewhere..
Then just bought a new sim card for it and carried on, depending upon how much he knows about tech... maybe a lot, maybe nothing, maybe he was advised to do that by somebody trained in law?
Where's Gabby's phone?

My son is 22. He has a fb account, but told me fb is for old people lol. He doesn't ever use it. He actively uses snapchat the most. I don't think he has an IG account. Definitely has a Twitter because of politics. I'm sure he also has a sm account I'm not aware of.
Edited to add: He also uses tic toc. Wildly popular.

True, but someone who has desires to be an "influencer" would probably already have sm is my thought. JMO

I'm at the age where I want people off my lawn, so....the reason I think it's a big mistake for him to texting journalists small parts of the story is that it comes across as highly unprofessional (read: lacking in credibility) to people who are of the age where they want people off their lawn (and possibly to a few others...)

I think it's unprofessional to anyone. I would never think about texting with a journalist and I'm by all accounts an older millennial lawyer. The only statements I've ever made to the press regarding cases I've worked on have been through my law firm email or on my letterhead. Clients review and approve the statement and that's it - one statement. There is no need to give a play by play when your duty is to protect your client's rights.

If the monster energy can that DTBH recently found on the island did indeed belong to BL, my how the mighty have fallen.
BL previously posted (according to previous threads) about the "infestation" of people in the parks and now he's a littering person of interest in the homicide of his girlfriend.
Wouldn't it be amazing if he's in some kind of cabin somewhere drinking a monster and eating a microwave burrito, then suddenly looks up to see DTBH and his camera crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother