Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LifeStraw, he could boil, strain water but would need a fire for that. Difficult but not impossible. He most likely has a LifeStraw.
Long term, a Life Straw would be a pain in the rear. It takes so much energy to suck the water through the filter. Those are great, but for emergencies. I say that, because if water is hard to draw or set up, you will be inclined not to drink enough. Smarter would be a lightweight filter like a Sawyer or similar. It's not so much work to get drinkable water. The filter element lasts longer, too.

Josh on WFLA Now explained that it is possible they were getting items for BL's scent. Whatever they had used previously may be contaminated since it's been a bit since they recovered it. Therefore, the canines would need something with a fresh scent so they could be accurate.
This is from thread 39, Post 888 (because I can't figure out how to quote it), and was made on Monday.

"The family’s lawyer, Bertolino, said the FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian to assist them with DNA matching and his parents provided them with what they could. He cautioned that it was a ‘routine’ request rather that an indication that Gabby had finally been found."

They linked to this article, which has several pictures at the bottom showing LE leaving their home. I can't remember exactly when they picked that up, but I feel like that was within the last week or so.
Gabby Petito's father gives heartbreaking eulogy at funeral, FBI still searches Laundrie's home | Daily Mail Online

Should't they already have their DNA?, from the previous search... or do they only collect DNA when they got a body.

I believe you'd need a separate warrant for something like that. They even needed a separate warrant for the external hard drive found in the van, even though the original warrant was for the van.

I immediately thought he was deceased as well. However, the fact that they left with a cooler bag and had gloves on made me think that they didn't find him deceased. Their attorney did make a statement, but I take what he says with a grain of salt.
Could they have returned sniffer dog clothes not related to the van trip? Because they are finished w the dogs? Stretching here, I know. jmo

Dog the Bounty Hunter is VERY quiet too. Why the sudden lull in search activity?

I'm getting a serious hunch that they've found him, and the fact they haven't announced they've placed him under arrest makes me think they've found his body.

MOO
You may be right. I hope we find out something soon.

You don't need another search warrant to collect the parent's DNA unless directly collecting DNA off their body. They had a search warrant for the house then any of their items in the houses with the parent's DNA is free game.

BL lived in this house, his DNA is everywhere in there, I find it to believe that they wouldn't have gotten DNA from their first search.

I would assume (MOO) that the search warrant associated with the first big search of the home was related to the financial/unauthorized use charges. And I would assume that DNA would NOT have been part of that warrant as it probably wouldn't be very relevant.

DBM (question already answered)

Last edited:
I think what they got from the camper is a soil sample from the flooring to match with the soil where they are searching.. thoughts? Feed is moving fast so not sure if anyone mentioned this yet.

I agree with the poster who says they wanted the camper drain. What if BL used the camper to dispose of blood evidence from Gabby's murder when they went camping? rinse out his clothes and then have a bonfire.

Question for those with loads of sleuthing and crime watching under their belts:

Are there ever circumstances where LE sits on naming another POI, or indictments for someone else UNKNOWN by the public that they have evidence for as a suspect? (Someone that isn't Brian?)

If so, why would this be kept sealed or kept out of the public eye?

And would they continue this, if there was reasonable suspicion that, say Brian, was presumed dead? Would they keep up the public perception that has been shared about Brian, regardless? If so, why? I understand I am asking for theories and opinion here only.

I have tried to stay open-minded about Brian being presumed innocent, but it does get harder without any new poignant facts or developments, including radio silence on the possibility of someone else being involved.

I mean, at this point, is it still possible, even remotely, that someone else could have killed Gabby? If so, why withhold information related to that? Sigh. MOO.

On the Dylan Redwine case, Dylan's father was asked to provide something with Dylan's scent. He provided a pillow case that didn't have any of Dylan's scent. I wonder if perhaps the scent items Laundries provided did not contain BL's scent or DNA? Just speculating on why the FBI would come back for additional DNA/scent (assuming that's what they were even gathering).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l