Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they confirm if it is something of his they found? Would LE even trust their word by now? Would you?

I’d personally want to see and confirm whether an object belonged to a missing loved one, but I personally don’t understand the Laundrie family.

I’d be curious if they found something that’s part of a set, or part of multiple purchases of one item (eg. sleeping bag part, garbage bag).

You don't need another search warrant to collect the parent's DNA unless directly collecting DNA off their body. They had a search warrant for the house then any of their items in the houses with the parent's DNA is free game.

I think that's exactly what they did though, either swabs or blood. I'm not exactly sure what they would need for the warrant but it would need to pertain directly to the investigation. And probably relates to new evidence that made the warrant possible (otherwise they'd have done it before).

I would assume (MOO) that the search warrant associated with the first big search of the home was related to the financial/unauthorized use charges. And I would assume that DNA would NOT have been part of that warrant as it probably wouldn't be very relevant.

Well, the search warrant was for electronics, including the parents' computers, IIRC.

Those would have parental DNA on them. No additional warrant is needed to look for fingerprints or DNA on legally collected evidence which, presumably, is still in control of LE.

The only time we see "warrants" (subpoenas?) for DNA is when people are refusing to give over a swab and there's no cause to grab a bunch of their stuff. But the Laundries had some stuff taken and not just BL's.

Can I ask as a UK resident and not too sure on US law (apart from tv shows) is BL classed as a fugitive now because there is a warrant out for his arrest for the unlawful use of the card or is he still just under suspicion?

Dog the Bounty Hunter is VERY quiet too. Why the sudden lull in search activity?

I'm getting a serious hunch that they've found him, and the fact they haven't announced they've placed him under arrest makes me think they've found his body.

MOO
Maybe remains that can only be identified thru blood DNA from parents.

Well, the search warrant was for electronics, including the parents' computers, IIRC.

Those would have parental DNA on them. No additional warrant is needed to look for fingerprints or DNA on legally collected evidence which, presumably, is still in control of LE.

The only time we see "warrants" (subpoenas?) for DNA is when people are refusing to give over a swab and there's no cause to grab a bunch of their stuff. But the Laundries had some stuff taken and not just BL's.

Can you determine blood type from DNA sequencing?

I believe you'd need a separate warrant for something like that. They even needed a separate warrant for the external hard drive found in the van, even though the original warrant was for the van.
Yes that’s an excellent point too—the warrant were aware of (that was released) was specific to computers & the van & whatnot. It did not cover the parents or DNA.

Anyone notice they went in with paperwork and didn’t come out with any unless it was in the cooler

Not sure how to post link but on wfla live the agent was standing right at the entry of camper with a small cup. The video didn’t show the angle from other side.
That's really intriguing. The neighbor did say they were gone for the weekend. Maybe they think the Ls went somewhere (not a registered camp site) on the 3rd and then to De Soto on the 6th and came back home on the 7th? Seems far fetched but not impossible.

You don't need another search warrant to collect the parent's DNA unless directly collecting DNA off their body. They had a search warrant for the house then any of their items in the houses with the parent's DNA is free game.
Unless the parents agreed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member