Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AGREE, I can give the parents somewhat of a pass UNTIL Sept 10 when we know that Gabby's parents tried to communicate with Laundries and were deliberately ignored. I think that it is plausible that BL communicated to his parents on August 31 that he was on his way home alone, that he and Gabby broke up and that she was or had flown to NY to her family. That would explain why his parents didn't feel the need to contact her parents, or Gabby, herself. They believed that she was in NY w her family. So, they canceled the camping plans fro Sept 1-3 after hearing from BL. They probably all decided to use the new camper and then made a reservation on Sept 3, for a campsite for Sept 6-8 for 3. All we know right now is that Gabby's mom FIRST attempted to get in touch with them on Sept 10. We don't know if it was text or voice mail or what was said, but by then Brian had already instructed his parents to not communicate with Gabby or her family, because he was done with all of them. They complied with his wishes, but of course, KNEW that her family was frantic and that she had NOT flown to NY, as Brian had told them. Everything that they have and have not done beyond Sept 10 is highly suspicious. No passes from me, beyond that point. All JMO.

The place where this all goes off the rails for me before Gabby's family tries to communicate with Brian's is when he shows up alone in her van. Maybe his parents didn't know the arrangements on the van (I'm doubting that they think he owned the van because he doesn't even own "his own" car) but no matter what the explanation, I just find this to be so so sketchy.

I get that parents can't force a 24 year-old man to do anything, but if you want to live in my house, I am going to need some deep clarity about how you ended up home from a road trip in your girlfriend's vehicle without your girlfriend. Son, wherever your girlfriend is at the moment, and whatever the state of your relationship...get her car and her possessions back to her.

AGREE, I can give the parents somewhat of a pass UNTIL Sept 10 when we know that Gabby's parents tried to communicate with Laundries and were deliberately ignored. I think that it is plausible that BL communicated to his parents on August 31 that he was on his way home alone, that he and Gabby broke up and that she was or had flown to NY to her family. That would explain why his parents didn't feel the need to contact her parents, or Gabby, herself. They believed that she was in NY w her family. So, they canceled the camping plans fro Sept 1-3 after hearing from BL. They probably all decided to use the new camper and then made a reservation on Sept 3, for a campsite for Sept 6-8 for 3. All we know right now is that Gabby's mom FIRST attempted to get in touch with them on Sept 10. We don't know if it was text or voice mail or what was said, but by then Brian had already instructed his parents to not communicate with Gabby or her family, because he was done with all of them. They complied with his wishes, but of course, KNEW that her family was frantic and that she had NOT flown to NY, as Brian had told them. Everything that they have and have not done beyond Sept 10 is highly suspicious. No passes from me, beyond that point. All JMO.

I would just like to add, if you don't mind, this would line up with gabby's mother's missing report statement saying that gabby's destination was her home in New York. I'll go look for the link in the documents and media thread and come back and add it here.

Could anyone summarise for those of us not the US? It may be something I already know, but data laws are preventing me from reading the page..

It basically just says that the FBI have the surveillance video from the campgrounds, and that they have the phone that BL purchased at AT&T. And that they are not going to disclose anything as this is an active investigation.

Not really any 'new' evidence. Just new to MSM. imo

Abuse of 911 emergency, anyone? There were 46 "emergencies" that we did not know about? jmo ETA maybe some were Petitos but shouldn't they have been welfare check calls on sept 10?
Yes, but with what appeared to be vigilantes in a suburban neighborhood disturbing the peace at all hours, possible sightings of BL in the neighborhood, reports of gun fire in the area, people leaving unmarked packages at the home, and who knows what else - it doesn't seem like that many calls to me. Especially if you break down into a daily number. Sad though that police services are being diverted away from where they are needed most.

Devil's advocate here, but how many of those calls were made on the 10th. It was posted that there were 3 incidents requiring police on the 10th so who knows how many times they called to make that happen. I assume that's when JP showed up after not being able to reach them and found the van in the drive. I wouldn't blame him a bit for causing a situation that required police.
I believe it’s been reported that JP never actually showed up. He wasn’t even in North Port that day.

I’m surprised that we haven’t heard many reports from the areas / gas stations / stores / drive-thrus that Brian stopped at on his drive home from WY to FL. I am very curious why more people haven’t come forward with this, or if they have but the FBI has asked them not to speak publicly. I’d think by this point, there would be definitive accounts backed up by CCTV footage that store owners would come out with or confirm.

I’m also surprised that we have not heard interviews from any of Brian’s former teachers, coaches, or other adults in his life in his formative years, or managers at jobs he’s had, who could give perspective on his personality: was he conscientious, a bully, bullied, social, asocial, history of suspensions, etc. Not to say that this would tell us anything specific about this case or who he grew into as an adult, but I would have expected people to discuss this and journalists to interview them. I think it’s somewhat odd that we have only heard from a small few friends of his and Gabby’s (AFAIK).

I’m surprised we haven’t heard if he is armed, especially in a manhunt of this size. It makes me think he may not be armed, or that for some reason the police don’t presume him a threat to the public. I am also surprised we haven’t discovered if he himself owns and is registered for a gun. (I know that people say he had concealed carry, but I haven’t seen that record).

I’m very surprised by the parents not looking for him or helping in any way to bring him home.

Quite true. But HIPAA wouldn't cover knowledge his parents had about BL, for example (as was raised in the original post I replied to.) They can tell anyone they wish, or not. Medical information doesn't get some special protection by law in that sense. So if I've been asked to watch my neighbor's house while she is hospitalized for surgery, I can trumpet that & more from the rooftops and not violate HIPAA. (I wouldn't, but I could.)
JMO

Right, but I can’t really see a reason where it would be in their interest to share that information. The investigation is still underway.

Someone on the last thread mentioned the possibility that BL may have taken his old (original) phone when he went missing since Bertolino has said that he left the new one at home and it’s in LE possession. My first thought was no, because LE would be able to track that phone. But then I thought that maybe he did take it and it pinged a few times in the Carlton Reserve. That would explain why LE has spent so much in the way of time and resources there and has not seemed overly interested in the possibilities that he might be somewhere else.
This was me, I believe, and I agree it’s a possibility. IMO, I think he drove home using Apple/Google Maps on his phone and needed a phone to do that. But then ditched it at the reserve. Just my opinion, nothing to confirm that, I do think it’s interesting though because I don’t know how he would get home without using a phone for directions.

She pulls her cap down as they drive away.
Just a thought…do you think that his parents have had enough of the position of what their son has put them in (and choices they made), but are in it so deep now that they can’t get out of this situation?

Maybe they are on their way to Orlando again to discuss it all with the possible new lawyer there.

Have the Laudries turned over their phones to the FBI? Probably not. I would be very curious who called them and from what cell towers between 8/27 till now.

Under what legal action could they be required to turn over phones? Evidence they lied to LE?

And who pays for a phone and then couple days later commits suicide? Doesn't make sense to me. I still think if Brian is alive... he is in touch with his mother. He had plenty of cash to pick up one or more burner phones on the drive back to Florida.

Last edited:
Brian Entin:
New text from Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino:
"I can confirm that a phone was purchased on September 4, 2021 and Brian opened an account with AT&T for that phone. (Not a burner.) ...
...Brian left that phone at home the day he went for a hike in the preserve on September 14, 2021 and the FBI now has that phone."
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1443569077235044363

The place where this all goes off the rails for me before Gabby's family tries to communicate with Brian's is when he shows up alone in her van. Maybe his parents didn't know the arrangements on the van (I'm doubting that they think he owned the van because he doesn't even own "his own" car) but no matter what the explanation, I just find this to be so so sketchy.

I get that parents can't force a 24 year-old man to do anything, but if you want to live in my house, I am going to need some deep clarity about how you ended up home from a road trip in your girlfriend's vehicle without your girlfriend. Son, wherever your girlfriend is at the moment, and whatever the state of your relationship...get her car and her possessions back to her.
This! The fight was so bad that you had to cancel her dream mid-trip but not so bad that she needed to take her very expensive property back? They must've known something was off, but would never have guessed the truth. To be a fly on the wall of that living room...

It basically just says that the FBI have the surveillance video from the campgrounds, and that they have the phone that BL purchased at AT&T. And that they are not going to disclose anything as this is an active investigation.

Not really any 'new' evidence. Just new to MSM. imo

Thanks Aussie :) to be honest, I've been keeping half an eye on Twitter and these WS threads, but we have the Sarah Everard trial just coming to a conclusion in my home country, plus the Sabina Nessa case unfolding, so I've been more focused on those. This thread moves so quickly I'm never sure what I might have missed!

Just for the record: anything listed as a public service call is not a 911 call. The Fox article is misleading in that it says over a dozen 911 calls to the Laundrie home. However not all of the 46 calls were instigated by the Laundrie family.

A "public service" call isn't a 911 call. For example, if you are locked out of your car and you call the police, that's a public service call. If you have a racoon in your backyard and you call the police, that's a public service call. If there's a downed wire in your front yard and you call the police, that's a public service call.

Sometimes public service calls are done at the behest of another person. For example in this case there is a public service call and it's connected to Gabby's father. That call was for the picking up and releasing of Gabby's van to the police. Gabby's father did not go to the Laundrie home, but the pick up of the van was done at his request. So the police were sent to pick up the van and that is also a public service call. If you had a roommate and that roommate were being evicted, and there were issues, the roommate might have the police pick up their belongings. That's is a public service call.

Just want to clear that up. :)

Maybe some of the calls were about the fight that took place

Here's some footage of the fight outside of the Laundrie house yesterday with a neighbor and protestors #brianlaundrie #Laundrie #LaundrieParents #laundriefamily #BrianLaundriesearch
Quote Tweet
lUhyFzZj_mini.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 11m
A lot of you asking me about the fight outside the Laundrie house last night between the protestors and the neighbor. Here is the video we got. The neighbor was claiming someone was on his property.

HIPAA only applies to people who are actually employed in the healthcare field with access to an individual's personal healthcare info whether it be a nurse, receptionist, data entry person, etc. If I am not one of these people and I find out you are in a mental institution, I can tell everyone I know and it's legal.

So, are you saying you think that the FBI would share that information? I don’t know who else would know, they don’t seem to have many friends or contacts. Just throwing that out as a possibility. It occurred to me as I saw the parents leaving to go somewhere again today that something like that could be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06