Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the assault stop video, when the police told Gabby she had to be away from Brian for a night, Gabby immediately started crying and said she couldn't handle that. I wonder, then, how she could handle it if he left her in Utah to go back to Florida -- if that trip did indeed happen.

I am not even sure that I know myself, honestly. We can't see who either of them were communicating with leading up to this. I would like to dig into Rosie, did she show up there, did she say she would, how would we know either way? Could she have been there over these times? Is she reliable? How do we know?

We don't get into possible parties (hanging out with other camping folks, it happens...) have we searched for others there at the same time to see if we spot anything, is this even something to consider? NOT for discussion here! But does that bring strangers into the picture that could be bad?

We haven't looked at followers of her accounts, regular commenters, avid likes, does anything stand out? Any stalker type things? We can't name others, so it gets hard. And it is completely understandable and respectable.

And yes, family dynamics...again none of this can be sleuthed here. I just was hoping to point out that there is more out there that we can't discuss here. And I also said, it may or may not be relevant or even remotely worth consideration. But BLs parent getting milk is absolutely not relevant and often times the comments are very unkind. I get a bit confounded by how that small event can last for pages without anyone wondering about these other things that are at the least as relevant as that, tho, yes, I realize, not allowed here. Just spins me around. All of this is just my opinion only and thank you for the kindness in your message and response. I am grateful for your patience.

Thank you, I understand what you’re saying. I guess I feel like those things would and will come up if they are relevant, ie if R went there, that would definitely come out at some point via LE/Media. You’d just have to wait longer than if you’re on a place on the internet with different rules. You have peaked my curiosity though. I agree with the milk thing - I just scroll, I don’t really have the patience for minute details that don’t appear relevant.

I have not been a fan of the Laundries, because I just can’t get past putting myself in the P/S families shoes when she was missing and they refused to help - which was confirmed by Josh Taylor of the local LE. They outright refused to speak to them. When they went there for Brian’s missing report, they had their lawyer on the phone and would only speak about Brian missing and not Gabby. It just seemed so … heartless and cruel. I’d probably feel like that anyway, but it’s extra compounded by the fact that I also have a 22yo daughter and just the sheer desperation I would feel in those circumstances. I’d probably need medication to just survive it.

That is my thought as well, especially given his penchant for going for her face / chin. Whatever happened it was obvious enough to announce right after the examination of the body was done, compared to an accidental death such as she tripped and hit her head or something.
I'm thinking he hit her with the skateboard. Maybe smashed her skull?

You mentioned the word 'ideology'
I'm curious about that, myself but I have no way to find out. Some ideologies are only found in the dark web or secret telegram groups.
and unlikely to be in his own name. Possibly highly encrypted.
It would require actual evidence to chase this up #cos it's a seriously vast and black hole without a key.
No key.
Park it.
I hope some LE officer / agent is looking into this. It could be fitting depending on what's found.

6 Gallon jug sounds small to me. She must have been really dehydrated to resort to asking the officers for water.
6 gallons is very big in this context.....I made the mistake of getting a nice big container (about half the size of that one) at Bryce, then filled it at a faucet. LOL I couldn't lift it! So 6 gallons is going to be the max. The water itself would weigh about 48 lbs. Then you've got to heft it into the van.

exactly. so often the victim is afraid of not acting in the way the abuser demands they do and worry about those consequences. they also worry about things not going the way the abuser wants and worry about the consequences of that too. another phenomenon that happens when outside authorities reflect the situation to the victim is the shock and despair about what is occurring comes to the surface and becomes conscious. Victims might rationalize their abuser's behavior or are not sure whether it is really abuse if it is mostly psychological. When victims have their internal concerns or fears reflected by authorities, they can be overwhelmed with sadness and shock. It's an extremely vulnerable situation.

Could look at it another way-Not that the media was trying to paint her as hysterical in judgement of her, but in support of the idea that clearly she was terrified of BL b/c her reaction, they posit, was disproportionate to the situation she & BL described.
I'd have to see the context you're seeing. Not always, but generally the media loves to put the would-be perp on public trial, not the victim. Especially a victim who they deem to be appealing to the public.
Disclaimer: If he's guilty, I don't care if the media flames him all the way to hell.

yeah.
There is a short interview with her shared here somewhere in which she referred to her bodycam, she said she had not personally reviewed it.
I'm not sure how to search for it..
Oh that’s right! I do remember that. I feel badly for all of the officers in that call. I know it probably wasn’t handled perfectly, and chances are the outcome would have been the same, but I’m sure this weighs heavily on all of them.

I thought she said that she could drive the van if it wasn’t very far. She didn’t seem confident in driving the van maybe?
She did say something like that to the cop. BL could have easily eroded her self confidence in driving and most other things with how he treated her. We can't /won't know what exactly was said between those two in that van for a few months

As a former cosmetologist my opinion on his hair is that he balded very early. You can clearly see in pictures that he has no hair grown almost to the middle of the top of his wobbly noggin. New hair growth would be impossible in this area IMO. His only hope for new hair is a wig

He may want to consider a toupee. Or spray paint if he’s in a real pinch.

I'm thinking he hit her with the skateboard. Maybe smashed her skull?
Hey Rickshaw good to see you here (you have been so helpful to me in the Gerrish Chung thread). I've wondered this exact same thing too :(

Apparently, he gave away a skateboard to another guy on August 10th, because he reported having acquired 2 of them. So he did still apparently have one skateboard after that.

LE turned around the cause of death pretty quickly after finding her, and they did declare him the only POI very shortly after that, so it does make me wonder if it was due to something distinctive like this, which would rule out other causes of death or random assailants.

So horrific to even think about. RIP Gabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member