Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is standing out to me about Brian’s need to call Gabby his “fiancée” and particularly his anxiety for others to know this (JMO). Notably:
  1. In the new body cam footage (released yesterday) right at the start he asks LE something which sounds like “Gabrielle told you I’m her fiancé right” (paraphrase)
  2. In first body cam footage released, after he gets out of the car he again pointedly asks if they spoke to his “fiancée” before switching to "Gabby" when the officers react confused/mishear (most likely because people don’t generally refer to each other like this).
  3. Mentioned by an eye witness that in a tuck/souvenir shop that when Gabby was talking to the worker there Brian asked if she had told her they were engaged (or something like that) - this struck her as odd (I believe this encounter was mentioned in MSM and I think one of the documentaries aired last weekend - anyone have a link/reference?)
Anyways, my point is that from a psychological perspective (not a qualified psychologist but have studied) this preoccupation suggests to me an insecure/anxious attachment style. For further details refer to this link Unhealthy Attachment Styles: Types, Definitions, And Therapy | BetterHelp. JMO but I think it gives us a clue into BL's mindset including what could possibly have driven BL to overreact and lash out at Gabby. Any indication from her that they were not the “team” that he needed them to be e.g. her apologising in the Merry Pig’s restaurant without his knowledge could be perceived by him as a direct threat.

First time poster, long time reader! Hope I did not break any rules. Keep up the great work guys.

I agree with you and I feel that to BL the term “fiancée” makes him sound like he has some authority, it gives him an air of legitimacy that he knew he didn’t really have or deserve based on how he treated her. It’s an “official” sounding word in the mind of someone who has built his entire (fake) personality off of imitating others.

Very true. IMO I also think Brian made her believe that she wasn’t pulling her weight (even though the opposite appears to have been the case) which might’ve made her second-guess herself. If she was constantly bombarded with insults and blame by Brian, which IMO she was, it probably would’ve clouded her perception of the situation and made it easier for him to manipulate her, MOO.
Master manipulator, just the few words he said about not wanting her to abandon him in the desert with no auto and no phone. That's manipulation of the true facts by 180 deg. She is crazy, she grabbed the wheel, I gave her time for her little business. If he's telling complete strangers these lies and twisters, imagine how he manipulates her view of herself. I think, had she lived, it would have taken her a year away from him to see what he did to her. But, unfortunately she was killed before she could see the light. Maybe that's why she was killed, finally having enough after the restaurant scene as others have opined.

IMO the officers who pulled them over made a judgement call and decided to separate them rather than arrest either of them based on the information they had. All indications were that GB was the aggressor. Even the witness said he could not tell exactly what was going on and that at one point, it looked like they were laughing but GP seemed to get upset once he was in the van. We can all speculate about ownership of the van, etc, but they were on this trip together. I think the officers were doing there best not to have either of them wind up with a record for DV for what may have been a stress driven incident. Ultimately I believe there are some people who have faced charges for things that may not be in character for them that wish they had been pulled over by those officers, rather than scared for life with a record. Hind site is 20/20. In no way am I trying to indicate that some DV is acceptable, but had they followed the letter of the law, all indications are that they would have arrested GP and not BL. Is it only because we know of the eventual tragedy, do we think BL should have been arrested?

No. The 911 caller stated that the male was hitting the female. So, no, it is not true that “all indications were that gabby was the aggressor”.

audio:

“The gentleman was slapping the girl”

“they ran up and down the street, he proceeded to hit her”

also, remember that there were TWO witnesses.
1) the 911 caller
And 2) Christopher, the one that LE found at the location once they arrived at Moonflower. This is the witness that LE called AFTER he arrived at the stop near Arches. The LEO thanks Christopher for his statement and says “I’m glad I found you”. This witness caught the tail end of the fight between GP and BL. He did not see BL hit GP.

IMO…this second witness caught the tail end of the argument where GP was in defensive mode, trying to get into her vehicle that he was locking her out of, trying to get her phone back, and trying to not be left stranded by BL.

MOO.

Something is standing out to me about Brian’s need to call Gabby his “fiancée” and particularly his anxiety for others to know this (JMO). Notably:
  1. In the new body cam footage (released yesterday) right at the start he asks LE something which sounds like “Gabrielle told you I’m her fiancé right” (paraphrase)
  2. In first body cam footage released, after he gets out of the car he again pointedly asks if they spoke to his “fiancée” before switching to "Gabby" when the officers react confused/mishear (most likely because people don’t generally refer to each other like this).
  3. Mentioned by an eye witness that in a tuck/souvenir shop that when Gabby was talking to the worker there Brian asked if she had told her they were engaged (or something like that) - this struck her as odd (I believe this encounter was mentioned in MSM and I think one of the documentaries aired last weekend - anyone have a link/reference?)
Anyways, my point is that from a psychological perspective (not a qualified psychologist but have studied) this preoccupation suggests to me an insecure/anxious attachment style. For further details refer to this link Unhealthy Attachment Styles: Types, Definitions, And Therapy | BetterHelp. JMO but I think it gives us a clue into BL's mindset including what could possibly have driven BL to overreact and lash out at Gabby. Any indication from her that they were not the “team” that he needed them to be e.g. her apologising in the Merry Pig’s restaurant without his knowledge could be perceived by him as a direct threat.

First time poster, long time reader! Hope I did not break any rules. Keep up the great work guys.
That also stood out to me but I saw it as a sign of ownership. It's a way of telling the officers to stay out of it, Gabby was his, mind their own business.

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.

I don't think BL was a true hiker or van life guy. Definitely not a survivalist.

I think he enjoyed messing around with all the gear, getting it ready and going on meager adventures.

There's a difference between really doing it and playing the part...I think he was just playing the part for the image.

I'm shocked he hasn't been found yet.

I'm not sure why so many seem to be hung up on the DV issue. GP in her own words told LE, that BL usually walks away and they take a break from each other. Again, I'm not taking sides, I just do not see anything that screams that there was ongoing DV in this situation. One of the witness statements was that she was the aggressor, her statement was that she was the aggressor, BL's statement was that she was the aggressor. who's to say that this was an ongoing issue. It sounds to me like they would generally take a break when frustrated with each other. To my point, I think reading entirely too much into the situation my be taking focus off of other factors in the following weeks. Could have been a lot of things. I personally have no idea, but I'm not sure anyone including her thought she was in a bad situation.
Right, it absolutely is her death by homicide which makes all look different in retrospect.

Guidance:
It has been established the van was registered to Gabby. It is time to cease the back and forth on the van as it continues to create pages of bickering.

Please move on…
Tiff
And it doesn't even matter that much. It was both of their domicile so that brings in a lot of legal issues that traditional ownership of a car doesn't have

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

Why do members of this family have such difficulties with the truth? IMO

Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now
If true, then she’s not above lying to police.

Oh wow now that’s a whole new can of worms. Did she bring her kids along ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l