Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“At this sheriff’s office, when he showed up with her car and she was no place to be found, we would have never let him out of our custody that day,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told reporters during a press conference about a child *advertiser censored* sting, Fox 13 reported.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/01/sheriff-wouldve-immediately-detained-brian-laundrie/

It's my understanding they have never even seen Brian since he returned, ever. They had nothing to hold him on, though most offices can find something.

But its not like NPPDhad him and let him go, they haven't seen or talked to him or am I completely wrong

I agree that parents were big part of financing trip directly or indirectly. Though BL might not have had funds himself for a hotel room, he likely had access to money for it. Gabby, certainly did. Looks like everything, bank accounts, possibly phone i just her name. Not uncommon for young couples to do that—just have one person named on things though both contributed and bth using. I always said that is a bad idea.

It is also common in certain unhealthy relationships for one person to "parent" the other, even if that's the opposite if their need/ideal. Meaning it would not surprise me if she had (through working/saving, or parents, or both) much more money and was quietly paying the lion's share of expenses behind the scenes (perhaps even letting him pay publicly to keep up the facade both to themselves and others)*. However, none of that turns her property into his. Access or not, frequent use or not, what is in her name alone is hers alone.

*I've gone far I speculating here, just please note I said "it would not surprise me" and "perhaps" - because that would be consistent. The real point, though, is that your speculation - that for some reason they would not maintain separate accounts, nor set up a joint one for trip expenses or general use - would actually eliminate his ownership rights to any money he added, at least on the face of it (you could litigate it, but absent a written agreement/statement or her to testify tgat that was her wish and intent, good luck). Which is why it is a colossally stupid thing for anyone to do.

I have read all the info, and repeatedly watched the videos. I know what the 1st witness said. I also know that GP, BL, and the second witness all said the opposite. I'm just saying that there seems to be a running theme that BL abused her, and I just do not see the evidence of that. I'm not saying its not the case, I just don't see it. I would also venture a guess that if not for the eventual outcome, most others wouldn't either. It's a lot of speculation.

BBM…

Many, many posters here on WS saw an emotionally abused young woman terrified of her abuser and falling all over herself to take on all the blame. I am one of them, based on personal experience having had been in an emotionally and eventually physically abusive relationship myself. Perhaps if one has not had experience in such, it is harder or impossible to recognize.

we are all speculating but there are facts there. The LEO in the second bodycam video pointed out several marks on gabby. On her face, and on her right ebm: sorry, her left arm, not right). Why they did not take photos of those and record those just like they did for BL is beyond me. So she did have evidence of being stuck or physically handled in such a way as to leave marks.

MOO.

Last edited:
I don’t have a link right now but it was reported 2 agents showed up and entered her home the same day they descended on the parents. A few media have been stationed at her house too.

Yes they were at her house on September 20th.

Possible law enforcement agents at home of Brian Laundrie's sister in Lakewood Ranch
LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla. - Two people believed to be law enforcement officers were seen entering the home of Cassie Laundrie, the sister of Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the disappearance of Gabby Petito, Monday afternoon.

Fox News was outside of the home Monday when the pair showed up. They spoke to a person believed to be Cassie Laundrie outside of the home before being allowed to come in.

Cassie Laundrie lives in Lakewood Ranch, about 35 miles north of her parents' home in North Port.

No. The 911 caller stated that the male was hitting the female. So, no, it is not true that “all indications were that gabby was the aggressor”.

audio:

“The gentleman was slapping the girl”

“they ran up and down the street, he proceeded to hit her”

also, remember that there were TWO witnesses.
1) the 911 caller
And 2) Christopher, the one that LE found at the location once they arrived at Moonflower. This is the witness that LE called AFTER he arrived at the stop near Arches. The LEO thanks Christopher for his statement and says “I’m glad I found you”. This witness caught the tail end of the fight between GP and BL. He did not see BL hit GP.

IMO…this second witness caught the tail end of the argument where GP was in defensive mode, trying to get into her vehicle that he was locking her out of, trying to get her phone back, and trying to not be left stranded by BL.

MOO.
The second body cam footage, the officer says to as much to both BL and GP. To BL he said they got a call that a male was hitting a female and they jumped in a van just like theirs with FL plates, and to GP he said a caller reported BL was punching her in the face. I don't think they looked at GP as the aggressor at all IMO. I really don't understand after watching the body cam footage why they didn't push towards arresting BL. BL was very anxious the entire time, his stammering and jittery movement after being told they were called about him hitting GP seemed like an initial red flag. Although GP had tears, she didn't seem hysterical and as uncomfortable as BL. They had the reports, they both admitted to hitting...I think the narrative that LE thought GP was the aggressor isn't quite accurate.

Sorry, Simply Southern. Didn't mean to quote that.
Exactly. There are two things here, apparently. (1) a tip in New Bern, NC to a relative's house that did not pan out and (2) a tip from campers along the AT in Tennessee that a new group of bounty hunters is following.
Can't explain the issue without violating so we should really drop it here. I was trying to help and failed horribly.

Last edited:
Exactly. There are two things here, apparently. (1) a tip in New Bern, NC to a relative's house that did not pan out and (2) a tip from campers along the AT in Tennessee that a new group of bounty hunters is following.

MOO. I think some sloppy media reporting combined with most of the rest of us not taking the time to look at a map before posting has contributed to this confusion. Thanks for working to clarify these points!

Okay, thanks. I can't give much credence to the reported New Bern, NC sighting, unless it's somehow tied to the grandparents' white car (all speculation AFAIK). MOO

Another
NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now
Maybe Cassie is the one telling the truth. Brian was mia when she was at the campground and he was already on the run...jmo

“idk” — ‘professional attorney’ Steve Bertolino
If we go strictly off of what the attorney said, BL went camping with his parents the 6th through the 8th, he went and came home with them, and his sister also went for a day, there is no way she didn’t see or speak to BL. Somebody is lying.

NEW: “To my knowledge Cassie went for a day.”
Laundrie family attorney says Brian’s sister Cassie was at the campground last month – despite Cassie saying in an earlier interview she hasn’t spoken to Brian since he returned to Florida.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443965282553368587?s=21

Gabby Petito case: Laundrie’s sister was at the campground with rest of the family, attorney says | NewsNation Now

Well, well. I guess that campsite CCTV shows the sister in the footage then?

And it doesn't even matter that much. It was both of their domicile so that brings in a lot of legal issues that traditional ownership of a car doesn't have

IMO it matters a lot, legally, that it was in her name. In regards to the 911 calls, he was trying to take it from her. Also when he turns up in FL in possession of a missing woman van.
And, from my understanding, this wouldn't be considered his domicile, but a vehicle he's using on a trip or vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur