Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning/Evening folks!

Wowee, just checked out the 2nd body cam footage. Not an easy watch.

Got two questions for folks to help with my understanding:

1. Is the majority of Florida vegetation in preserves and the like evergreen? Like green all year round? I ask because it's autumn there. If there's less leaf cover and bare bushes it's harder to hide, I doubt BL would have suitable camouflage like clothing.

2. Does it get cold around this time of year on the Appalachian Trail? I ask because I am also doubting Brian took much warm clothing if any with him.

If he's out in the elements sooner or later he'll be "smoked" out
Im almost certain Florida keeps its rich vegetation year round due to their warm temps
I can tell you on the island this morning it was 39 balmy degrees. Our nights get cold this time of year while our days stay pretty warm. I would imagine the nights get cooler down the Appalachian Trail this time of year as well

Im almost certain Florida keeps its rich vegetation year round due to their warm temps
I can tell you on the island this morning it was 39 balmy degrees. Our nights get cold this time of year while our days stay pretty warm. I would imagine the nights get cooler down the Appalachian Trail this time of year as well

Hmm, so he'd be more accustomed, if he was outdoors, to warm/similar climes?

Morning/Evening folks!

1. Is the majority of Florida vegetation in preserves and the like evergreen? Like green all year round? I ask because it's autumn there. If there's less leaf cover and bare bushes it's harder to hide, I doubt BL would have suitable camouflage like clothing.

2. Does it get cold around this time of year on the Appalachian Trail? I ask because I am also doubting Brian took much warm clothing if any with him.

Yes. AT would be very cold at night. I just hope that he is still alive after all this agony and expense. If there is no case because he is deceased, it seems like the abettors would be totally off the hook and nothing resolved. Hope I am wrong about that. jmo

Hmm, so he'd be more accustomed, if he was outdoors, to warm/similar climes?
Idk because I have family in Florida who come up north at various times of the year and they are always cold. Supposedly your blood thins out when you live in a warmer climate(?), so when they come here they feel the temp difference immediately. I would imagine BL would have a tough time acclimating to the colder temps. He just didnt strike me as the total outdoorsman, I could be wrong. MOO

Idk because I have family in Florida who come up north at various times of the year and they are always cold. Supposedly your blood thins out when you live in a warmer climate(?), so when they come here they feel the temp difference immediately. I would imagine BL would have a tough time acclimating to the colder temps. He just didnt strike me as the total outdoorsman, I could be wrong. MOO
I don't think that he left, equipped for winter. Although he may still have a stash of Gabby's money on him if he has the nerve to make winterish "hiking" purchases. jmo

Yes, almost everything is green year-round. We have a few trees that lose leaves when it gets cold, but they're vastly outnumbered by those that don't. At least here in SoFla, including North Port. Up in the panhandle, they probably have more bare trees in the winter. Also, even trees that do lose leaves in cold weather aren't losing them yet. It's nowhere close to "fall weather" here.

Brian Laundrie will get caught: ex-US Marshal

Lenny DePaul, a former 30-year veteran of the US Marshal Service and onetime commander of the New York/New Jersey Fugitive Task Force, said the 23-year-old fugitive is “sleeping with one eye open” and will eventually trip up.

“I personally think he could be anywhere,” DePaul said Thursday. “It doesn’t matter. Mexico. He can be on a boat sitting off the coast of Cuba. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna mess up. He’s going to make the mistake.

…..
The bigger question is what’s his mindset once that noose gets tightened up and they get ready to make an arrest,” he said. “Is it suicide by cop, is he gonna shoot it out, is he armed?
…..
“You gotta tear his world upside down,” he said. “If I was sitting down with his mother and father at the kitchen table the first question I would ask them, ‘If you knew where your son was would you tell me?'”
(More)

Morning/Evening folks!

It rarely gets under freezing in that area; certainly not in October. Though it feel cold in the morning, not a big issue. BL has had a lifetime of camping and hiking. I don’t think he’ll have any problem. Those monsoons and heat earlier this month more an issue. It had to have been miserable for the searchers there. DeSoto certainly easier.

The AT runs down our coastline , north to south, or Vice versa , roughly and the temperatures differ widely depending upon where you are in it. I lived right within walking distance of a segment of it for over 20 years. My neck of the woods would start getting cold in the mornings and evening in October. But also, it was minutes walk to a downtown area Heavily trafficked around there so easy to find food and shelter out of the wild. In fact, you would stand out more on the Trail than off of it at that part of AT. I would just automatically note any new person I’d come across.

I think in many ways it’s more difficult to hide in the reserves unless you stay so remote no one comes your way at all. There aren’t as many people in them so it’s easier to notice them snd take them in. Strange movements in the bushes are noted by regulars. My dogs pick up on anything unusual immediately.

I go by dozens of LBs in twin , in the shopping strips, roadsides, etc without giving them a second glance. Too many look just like him or could be him in flimsy disguise. I can’t really note. I’d be calling LE all day. But it’s more a blank background in reserves. You are in high alert to notice everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801