Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a scene in "The Color Purple" where Miss Celie tells, Shug - "He beats me, because I'm not you." I believe this is the crux of this situation. For close to 7 years, Brian, the self-absorbed, isolationist narcissist tried to change the all giving and nurturing Gabby into his doppelganger. He wanted a female Brian, a hermit with a useful vagina.
But, she couldn't chuck her free spirit, love of people and desire to teach the world about caring for the world. He was as small as a cancer cell. She was as large as the universe. He could not beat her embrace of the world out of her. He could not spirit her far enough away to cut her ties to the world she truly cared to nurture. He could not brow beat her into the kind of devotion that expects nothing in return.
He wanted to flee from the world. She wanted to change the world. He wanted to abandon all ties. She wanted to share her embrace with everyone.
Gabby said no too many times to a person who tried to groom her into believing a life in handcuffs was a life liberated simply because he was doing the handcuffing. In the end, she was a failed experiment, an incendiary catalyst that ignited the rage at the heart of his iconoclasm. Like a gladiator, this happy, light-hearted, little girl withstood his attempt at brainwashing for 7 years in order to lighten his heart, heal his soul and make him fall back in love with the entirety of the world - not just the rocks, streams and mountains upon it.
In the end, his sickness proved to be both incurable and deadly.
JMHO
The heck?

Here is the archived original interview transcript (scroll down):

Quelle: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

And yes, it was taken out of context. Pretty severely.

To sum up:

1) The question was not "did you see BL", it was "what's the oddest thing for you here"
2) The answer was edited, the "That" was cut out, distorting the message. What she is saying is that she finds it odd that she could/can not speak to BL, and this is because of the layers gag order that also seem to shield BL from her.

Conclusion: Cassie Laundrie's statements in the interview does not clash with her seeing BL on the 1st and 6th, this is distorted reporting.

The lawyer and his 'gag order' had no power over her. We will have to agree to disagree about her involvement in not giving a civil response to Gabby's worrying family.

He must have known he was punching way above his weight with her, him being so ordinary and all. And not in any recorded event possessing any talent, or interesting personality, or even a sense of humor.. A dull bloke.

And I take on board the part of Gabby being his failed experiment. Where he reaches a point of realisation that he isn't going to succeed in completely whipping her into total submission, and obeyance on every issue.. A hard moment for him, no doubt. Too hard, possibly, considering the end game here, she is dead, he is gone.

BBM
"He must have known he was punching way above his weight with her, him being so ordinary and all"

I agree, Trooper.

This dude was riding on Gabby's coattails. He was hitching his wagon to her star.

Gabby was a rising star in her own right.

Weak BL couldn't handle it. His misogynistic ego couldn't deal.

He knows he's sub-par.

He'll face Justice soon.

Came out of a long break to finally add my thoughts. IMO narcissists always have to think they’re seen in a good light and looked up to. IMO BL did not tell his parents the truth if/when he got back to Florida. Similar to how IMO Chris Watts couldn’t allow himself to be thought as a family deserter for having the affair so he thought he’d disappear his family to make himself seem the victim. MOO but I think BL’s parents were told a tall tale and once things didn’t add up they called their lawyer who told them to not say anything to anybody. All MOO. Even if he’s found alive none of us should believe a word about what he says happened. For the record I do think he’s alive somewhere and not in the swamp. IMO that car was left there as a decoy. Just my thoughts.
I agree. The cold, calculating behavior that people keep accusing them of is actually an extremely rare behavior to exhibit. The idea that the entire family is capable of it is pretty impossible. Much more likely that he's fed them some story about an accident and they said "You know what? I don't know what to do with this. Call the attorney and do whatever he says. "

The lawyer and his 'gag order' had no power over her. We will have to agree to disagree about her involvement in not giving a civil response to Gabby's worrying family.

You are misreading. The gag order prevents BL to even talk to her, and that is what she finds weird. That's all the interview says about this topic. BTW, not defending the family here, I just prefer accurate reporting over sensationalism.

It’s been a while since BL went into hiding. If that’s what he’s done. Phone battery must be pretty low by now, bug bites galore, rations running out soon. With no assistance how long could he survive.
I think he’s gone. Long gone. Either died or traveled far away.
This one certainly is a mystery.
i just came back in from watering my outside plants in my yard and mosquitoes were so bad i almost told he plant sorry, it was nice knowing you, so know i couldnt stay out n no swamp for days.....no no way!

I agree. The cold, calculating behavior that people keep accusing them of is actually an extremely rare behavior to exhibit. The idea that the entire family is capable of it is pretty impossible. Much more likely that he's fed them some story about an accident and they said "You know what? I don't know what to do with this. Call the attorney and do whatever he says. "
Not rare for a family to protect the murderer of his wife/girlfriend. The Watts (sister involved in that too), Scott Peterson' mother, the Anthonys, Patrick Frazee's mother and sister..............

Here is the archived original interview transcript (scroll down):

Quelle: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

And yes, it was taken out of context. Pretty severely.

To sum up:

1) The question was not "did you see BL", it was "what's the oddest thing for you here"
2) The answer was edited, the "That" was cut out, distorting the message. What she is saying is that she finds it odd that she could/can not speak to BL, and this is because of the layers gag order that also seem to shield BL from her.

Conclusion: Cassie Laundrie's statements in the interview does not clash with her seeing BL on the 1st and 6th, this is distorted reporting.
Ah, thank you very much, incognitus!!! That does make such a difference. Did you see, though, how it was then so blatantly misrepresented in the GMA clip that I posted? No wonder most of us thought she was denying having seen him. I'm disappointed in our media these days as it seems they're all for clicks, headlines, and drama rather than truth. Thanks again.

sorry if repeat—I haven’t read every message. the first route that comes up in my phone from the Tetons to north port would take you down 57 south. Pretty sure Benton is close? I’m in a Midwestern city northwest of here and we often go to some parks and campgrounds in southern IL.
Aside from his sister having lied in her entire interview with the press, the “lawyer” confirming he stopped by her house before they ALL met up at DeSoto during the family camping trip before he disappeared, you haven’t missed much.

You are misreading. The gag order prevents BL to even talk to her, and that is what she finds weird. That's all the interview says about this topic. BTW, not defending the family here, I just prefer accurate reporting over sensationalism.
That is not what is commonly referred to as a gag order. A gag order is authorized by a court. It is their solictor's advice that she is under no legal responsibility to follow. MOO.

The link I posted doesn’t seem to open here… but anyone can google surviving in the Everglades. If one can survive there I would think they can survive anywhere in FL. I live on the edges of the Everglades, I could not imagine being out there!
The only place in Florida I have ever been to is Miami - South Beach in particular, and I was only there for 7 hours while waiting for a connecting flight. My friend and I had a delicious Cuban dinner at Larios. But to the point, I wouldn't have the first clue of how to survive anywhere in Florida, particular in the summertime. I don't care how outdoorsy BL is, he'll need shade at the very least, preferably shelter. I think he's holed up in a cabin or in an abandoned building, if he's alive. If he made it out of the state, he had help. JMHO

Last edited:
Obstruction of justice for what? That would be a very toothless threat.

That's assuming she may have lied to the FBI, which we don't know, obviously.

I'm speaking metaphorically rather than literally.

I think I've reached the point where I'd rather have some meat than peck around on bread crumbs. With all that's been flying over the transom, there's nothing substantial coming from LE. Nothing coming from the Laundries. Nothing of substance from extended family, or friends.
I AM interested in BL's past relationships with females. I understand he and Gabby broke up for a while and that Gabby dated (her parents said they knew all of her boyfriends) other guys. Did Brian? Or did he sulk lonely and angry until he capitulated to her only enough to make her think she had made a dent in his neediness? I would love to know where the other girlfriends are.
MOO

I am starting to wonder if BL is even in Florida? It would be logical for LE to search De Soto Park where he camped with family, and also the nature reserve where the car was found, so why would he stay there? He had how many days to get out of Florida? I was thinking he would still be in the country as it would certainly have been reported by now, if he had entered another country.

Look how easily BL manipulated LE in Moab. That said, just think how easily he could have manipulated his parents. He made himself out to be the good guy with complete strangers. I'm imagining him really laying it on with them.

MOO.

Has anything more ever come out about BL using a credit card in Illinois?

Reports: Laundrie credit card purchases linked to Benton, IL gas station

Updated 9/23/2021

"The reports indicate that Petito's boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, may have used at least one card to purchase something at a gasoline station in Benton on August 31, 2021.

At this time, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has yet to confirm if Laundrie made any stops between Wyoming and Florida, and is not confirming or denying these reports."
Ya know, I hate to say this but how is it this scrawny, little guy with nothing more than a backpack can manage to elude LE, blood hounds, the FBI, private searchers, and even Dog, the BH? When the news first broke that he was missing, I made the comment, “he’s no Rambo”, but now, I’m eating my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l