Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You, Warwick for reminding us of these facts.

There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to not have responded to Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

I'll say it again: There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to have ignored Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

There is no good reason.
What about "because their attorney advised them not to"?

That is not what is commonly referred to as a gag order. A gag order is authorized by a court. It is their solictor's advice that she is under no legal responsibility to follow. MOO.

Strictly speaking, you are correct. Colloquially, not quite. From Merriam Webster:

"Broadly: A similar nonjudicial prohibition against the release of confidential information or against public discussion of a sensitive matter"
Source: Definition of GAG ORDER

In any way, if you like, just replace "gag order" with "friendly advice from the laywer to shut up", that does not really change anything.

But still, you are misreading - I never said that she is bound to any advice from the Laundrie's lawyer, but that apparently BL is advised to not talk to her.

Last edited:
BBM
"He must have known he was punching way above his weight with her, him being so ordinary and all"

I agree, Trooper.

This dude was riding on Gabby's coattails. He was hitching his wagon to her star.

Gabby was a rising star in her own right.

Weak BL couldn't handle it. His misogynistic ego couldn't deal.

He knows he's sub-par.

He'll face Justice soon.

She was inspiring, gorgeous, smart, driven, such a sweet soul. She always had on a cute outfit, smiling , twirling, sporting such a relatable vibe. Mr BeachSky even said- how does she fit all those outfits into that small van?
She wanted it to take off. She had a dream.
Like I said she was probably the most beautiful forgiving person who took a chance on him ❤️

MOO

Ya know, I hate to say this but how is it this scrawny, little guy with nothing more than a backpack can manage to elude LE, blood hounds, the FBI, private searchers, and even Dog, the BH? When the news first broke that he was missing, I made the comment, “he’s no Rambo”, but now, I’m eating my words.
In my amateur opinion and speculation, he had plenty of help, and a big head start. And yeah, he's not rambo'ing it. He's tucked away somewhere cozy like.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sorry, I think CL is being treated a bit unfairly here. She supposedly said ""She's like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and sound and this to be just a big misunderstanding."

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

I just don't see that as "cold" or "unfeeling." She may just not be the sobbing, blubbering, emoting type.
JMO

For someone "like a sister," the most she had to say about GP was that she was "nice." It was so superficial and generic - I didn't like it weeks ago, and I still don't.

Aside from his sister having lied in her entire interview with the press, the “lawyer” confirming he stopped by her house before they ALL met up at DeSoto during the family camping trip before he disappeared, you haven’t missed much.
Haha, thank you! I knew about that weirdness because I have the WFLA app set up with alerts when they go live and listen to all the Livestreams while I’m working
Now I realize the “sorry if repeat” makes no sense. I was trying to quote/reply to a previous post in which the poster said Benton, Illinois was close to them, but they did not think near any major interstates.
TBH this is the first time I’ve really participated in a forum of this format since the early 2000s, and the first time with a phone, so. I’m kind of a space case with it still

Ya know, I hate to say this but how is it this scrawny, little guy with nothing more than a backpack can manage to elude LE, blood hounds, the FBI, private searchers, and even Dog, the BH? When the news first broke that he was missing, I made the comment, “he’s no Rambo”, but now, I’m eating my words.
You're not alone.

There is a lot of speculation and not documented facts (that I am aware of other than what I've seen on MSM) and this is where I think we need to be mindful that there is no evidence that is public that Gabby has been a DV victim for a long period of time...we are making assumptions...it could or could not be true, we are making assumptions about mental health situations (when I say "we" I refer to the public in general because that's what the media is feeding us). In reality, all we know is that Gabby died by the hands of another, and her fiance is charged with crimes that are related to fraud...not murder. Circumstantial evidence makes him the obvious suspect. Finding him is what's important. All we know for sure is that Gabby is a homicide victim.
My opinion...take it with a grain of salt

I tend to agree with this. The only source DV has come from is the public and the media. GP’s parents, the police, people close to the investigation have not even floated this out there. The other thing that comes to my mind is IMO I don’t see GP’s family being ok with her going alone on a trip with a guy that’s been “abusing” her mentally or physically for years. It just doesn’t mesh IMO. I think something just unfortunately happened on that trip that we still have yet to learn all the true facts to. The real fact(s) is there is only 1 (one) “DV” incident on record between them and we really don’t have all the facts on that either. IMO to truly make a judgment call one would need to be there, see what happened and speak to both of them. So speculation and creating a past between the 2 of them serves no real purpose at this point. JMO

Thank You, Warwick for reminding us of these facts.

There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to not have responded to Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

I'll say it again: There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to have ignored Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

There is no good reason.
ETA: I agree with you that the Laundries not saying anything to Gabby’s parents was awful & IMO another level of cruel. I was just adding to the conversation specifically in relation to Cassie. Forgot to clarify that.

In the first episode Dr. Phil did on Gabby - the one that aired right after her body was found, & he had Gabby’s dad on the show & gave him the full hour. Gabby’s dad actually apologizes to CL for what he originally said. Idk if there’s been things said by him after that, but that is what was said in the Dr. Phil interview. Link to interview below (admin approved). Timestamp 23:19

Last edited:
You are misreading. The gag order prevents BL to even talk to her, and that is what she finds weird. That's all the interview says about this topic. BTW, not defending the family here, I just prefer accurate reporting over sensationalism.

I feel ya, man. Defending accuracy, logic, and a wider world view than ones own limited experiences is like standing in a river and trying to stop the flow. With the added insult of being accused of defending BL.

I try not to do this, but my life is crazy right now so it’s hard to read everything before jumping in. I have a theory of why Berto. is seemingly discrediting the sister by releasing info that contradicts what we thought we knew about her. I apologize if someone else has suggested this, but I haven’t been able to read the thread. Is it possible that Bertolino is trying to discredit Cassie to keep her from speaking out, or to soften the blow if she does in fact break with her family and speak out against them?

I think I've reached the point where I'd rather have some meat than peck around on bread crumbs. With all that's been flying over the transom, there's nothing substantial coming from LE. Nothing coming from the Laundries. Nothing of substance from extended family, or friends.
I AM interested in BL's past relationships with females. I understand he and Gabby broke up for a while and that Gabby dated (her parents said they knew all of her boyfriends) other guys. Did Brian? Or did he sulk lonely and angry until he capitulated to her only enough to make her think she had made a dent in his neediness? I would love to know where the other girlfriends are.
MOO
How come Brian has made it to 24 without a single male friend?... not one mate has stepped up and said, hey hey, Brian is cool, me and him have been pals for years, ... most men of his age have a couple of male friends, unless...........

unless other males steer well clear of Brian after a short exposure. ....

Strictly speaking, you are correct. Colloquially, not quite. From Merriam Webster:

"Broadly: A similar nonjudicial prohibition against the release of confidential information or against public discussion of a sensitive matter"

In any way, if you like, just replace "gag order" with "friendly advice from the laywer to shut up", that does not really change anything.

But still, you are misreading - I never said that she is bound to any advice from the Laundrie's lawyer, but that apparently ML is advised to not talk to her.
You bypassed the accurate ma

But still, you are misreading - I never said that she is bound to any advice from the Laundrie's lawyer, but that apparently ML is advised to not talk to her.
Who is ML?

How come Brian has made it to 24 without a single male friend?... not one mate has stepped up and said, hey hey, Brian is cool, me and him have been pals for years, ... most men of his age have a couple of male friends, unless...........

unless other males steer well clear of Brian after a short exposure. ....
If my friend was all over the media being looked for by the entire world, I certainly wouldn't publically say that we are related.

Funny that you used the word eating. I think its easier to elude LE if you start the chase by climbing inside a gators belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734