Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also an interesting perspective in terms of due process. I'm not at all sure I want anything about the case "imprinted in the minds of jurors" at this point. If there is a trial (& if BL isn't dead & is caught, there will be) don't we all want it to be a fair trial? Not decided by jurors with previously "imprinted minds?" Next time it could be us or a family of ours on trial, after all. Let's leave swaying jurors for the courtroom.

JMO
Change of Venue...to where?.....

Is anyone considering that BL is not running but maybe stationary? My personal guess is that he’s hiding somewhere close to home or familiar. I think most are on the same page, that the reserve was a diversion or maybe what BL told his family, but unlikely where he is. Think about this. What do we know of BL aside from the travels. Where did he go when he wasn’t on the road?

Although his parents say he still in Florida, I still think Mexico is a viable option. You do NOT need a passport or even ID and they do NOT ask for COVID info walking over the border into Mexico from TX. If you wanna come back you need that stuff but I’m assuming coming back wouldn’t be his intention. I recently went over the border with absolutely no questions going into Mexico.

Is anyone considering that BL is not running but maybe stationary? My personal guess is that he’s hiding somewhere close to home or familiar. I think most are on the same page, that the reserve was a diversion or maybe what BL told his family, but unlikely where he is. Think about this. What do we know of BL aside from the travels. Where did he go when he wasn’t on the road?
This is my thought as well. When Jayme Closs was missing her captor was with her hiding in one place the entire time, in a familiar to him place. I bet BL is right under LE's nose.

Yep, she was the sacrificial lamb, although she got lucky in that the interviewer's questions were so ambiguous and jumbled, it COULD let her off the hook.

Thank goodness she wasn't being interviewed by a time-served investigative journalist who really knew how to ask direct questions that left absolutely no room for doubt..

MOO
No comment would of gone a long way.

It's also an interesting perspective in terms of due process. I'm not at all sure I want anything about the case "imprinted in the minds of jurors" at this point. If there is a trial (& if BL isn't dead & is caught, there will be) don't we all want it to be a fair trial? Not decided by jurors with previously "imprinted minds?" Next time it could be us or a family of ours on trial, after all. Let's leave swaying jurors for the courtroom.

JMO
Change of Venue...to where?.....

IIRC, only about two of the postcards had stamps on them, the others had no postage at all
I noticed the ones that had no postage had writing or drawing all across them (no room to write the address on the back). IMO, they could have been mailed in envelopes instead.

If BL's body is found in the reserve I wonder how many people will still think the Laundrie family is guilty of spiriting him away to a safe haven?
I'll still think they could have handled the entire situation 1000x better than they did. I have yet to see any redeeming qualities they've put forth in the process of finding GP, grieving GP, sympathy for her family, finding their son, or reigning in their lawyer from public comments.

How are you going to get through the border?

By boat. You'd either need access to a suitable craft (1k miles is a bit much for your dad's 19 foot ski boat), or hitch a ride on a commercial vessel (as so many backpackers do to get around the Darien Gap, for example). Alternatively, extended family in Guatemala might have a connection to get you there.

If I were him I'd have fled to Mexico weeks ago...

He is probably in his parents' house, in the attic.

When the Merry Piglets incident came to light, Gabby's mom said that it didn't fit with their timeline. That has kept me thinking. If the Merry Piglets was an inaccurate sighting, that leaves the blue heeler lady sighting of the van’s arrival at Spread Creek campground. That witness saw only BL in the driver's seat, no GP. That was August 26th. (Merry Piglets was the 27th.) (The blue heeler report of him in spread creek was turned in on Thursday September 16, the Bethune sighting was turned in at 1 am Sunday September 19, and GP's body was found on Sunday September 19. So the blue heeler lady's report was the first to tie him to Spread Creek. This gives credence to her report which included that he was alone.) On the 27th and 28th she saw the van still there with no indications of anyone at the van.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

So it's possible that GP was already killed elsewhere on the 26th and BL brought her to spread creek to ditch the van and body. From the 26th to the 29th, he ran and hid, much as he is currently running and hiding. During that time he may have learned that running and hiding is doable but hard without resources. There was a snapchat sent to a friend and a text about Stan sent from her phone during these couple days so he would’ve had to have her phone with him. The 29th was the day of the two hitchhiking incidents. If he'd seen evidence of the campground being closed or police activity, I think he would have continued on the lam. With the van and body undiscovered, IMO he took the van and her capital one card and returned to Florida for a break from the running and hiding. At this point he thinks he may get away with it.

At some point between Sept 1 and Sept 14, he returns to his running and hiding. It would be nice to know what date and with whose assistance, however, we can look at the August 26th-29th time period. In those three days of running and hiding, he made it about 20 miles away. He remained in the woods and emerged at Colter Bay Village which has campground facilities. Based on this, LE looking for him in Carlton Reserve seems reasonable. From August 26th-29th, he did not go far and he made use of a campground's facilities. I would look for him to be caught on security video or cell phone video using the facilities at any of the nearby campgrounds such as Myakka River state park or farther away. If he's getting assistance from a relative, such as resupplying, that is a reason to stay close. If he's not getting assistance, he might be farther afield at a pace no more than 7 miles a day following state forests down to the everglades or north to Ocala forest with no real long term plan.
I’m right with you until the 7 miles a day part. I think he could pull way more miles than that nights alone- 18-25 I’d guess. He’s young, fit, & highly motivated. Jmo

I think this is a real possibility.

Aloha Lizzied, well the parents already tried to throw off LE once with he went for a hike in that reserve .... how has that worked out for them?

JMHO, I think that the parents know he's still in FLA cause they probably have a general idea of where he would go hideout.

Which Laundrie will BLINK first?

In USA, are FBI allowed to interview them separately. Divide and conquer one of them? Suppose that is why they have lawyered up. But they seem unconcerned that their son is missing. Wouldn't you be out looking or pleading on media for his return.

I think it's possible he's just hiding in plain sight. He is really very ordinary looking, IMO. I live in a small college town, and he would completely blend in here and nobody would question a newcomer, because the town is full of newcomers every semester. Also, in the real world, not everybody is following this case and even knows to look for him.

How are you going to get through the border?
<modsnip> the USA-Mexico border, maybe he slipped through to Mexico and continued from there. Or maybe he got on a boat from Florida to Cuba or another nearby country and then flew from there to Guatemala or another country, or flew straight from Florida to a Latin American country. Some options IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
In USA, are FBI allowed to interview them separately. Divide and conquer one of them? Suppose that is why they have lawyered up. But they seem unconcerned that their son is missing. Wouldn't you be out looking or pleading on media for his return.
Yes they are able to interview them separately, but they lawyered up so neither can be interviewed without an attorney present

Another day. This is taking longer than the Renaissance ..

I don't believe the American public, in general, can be so unobservant 24/7 that would allow Brian, in all his stunning ordinariness to escape any sort of scrutiny.

Nor do I believe Brian would be able to resist inserting himself in someone else's conversation, at random, on any matter, just because. That would be as necessary to him as oxygen.

LE needs to find Brian. Brian needs to be telling people all about his unique insights.. This , if he was alive, would be a slam dunk.... One contingent would lead to the other.

The people who last saw him alive, and it is fair at this point to also claim those same people were the last to speak with him, and to him, and him to them, in the absence of any other sighting perhaps need to be leant on a little harder, perhaps...

So, if BL is in Mexico, central America or elsewhere outside the country how is he surviving? He isn't wealthy. I'm speculating BLs parents finances are being monitored by LE for transactions abroad. I just can't see him being able.to support himself while living abroad. It is my guess he is living in close proximity to an area he knows extremely well in the CONUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay