Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to what some believe I think the parents have money. That's not saying that his parents definitely helped him, but it's a possibility.

For sure, I have no doubt they do and could afford to buy it for him. Definitely more plausible than him running around with a backpack stuffed with cash and buying used cars. But also a difficult purchase and transaction for them to keep secret. They’re hot news - have to think someone would’ve thought to mention they’d sold them a car recently. Id be more tempted to think he might have access to it for other reasons rather than it being a recent purchase, I guess.

It’ll be very interesting to see if this sighting is taken seriously.

I’m so skeptical now. For all we know, this guy could somehow connected to the L family and is just trying to buy BL more time by sending LE on another wild goose chase. IMO
I can’t shake the feeling that family and friends may be helping him avoid arrest. I believe the death penalty is on the table in Wyoming? Don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but I recall reading somewhere here that a grandparent lives in North Carolina, and something about Brian in a Camry there. Could people be helping him?

I just wanna know where he got this damn truck. Did his mama and daddy buy it and stash it? Is that why he really came home to FL before Gabby died? Wish we knew if the truck had FL plates. I bet they helped him stash everything near the camp ground (are there any records that his mom/dad/sister/bro in law were at the camp ground before the early Sept visit) and when they went for Labor Day, Cassie was the third person in truck to leave and then Brian left in the ford.

I mean, while anything "could be" true, I think this witness is both sincere and sincerely wrong; and that the latter is why nobody from the FBI is calling him back.

IMO, if Brian were in any remote type of ranting mood that would lead to the rambling non sequiturs he tossed at this putative witness, his family wouldn't have left him alone with a valuable car to drive everywhere and anywhere under the sun.

Nope, I think if he was in a mood this scattered, his parents would have found a minder, or a way for one of them to accompany him driving around. We will see, though...

I don't believe this guy's story will bear fruit, but just for the sake of argument... it wouldn't be a terrible idea for someone to travel by night in different stolen vehicles from remote areas where people don't lock their doors.
*assuming there's a specific destination he's trying to reach

If this really happened, could it be his way of ACTING like he thinks Gabby is still alive. He's been on the run and didn't even know, etc. (I probably need to look at the timeline and compare the announcement of her being found to him taking off to the swamp).
September 14 - he supposedly goes missing
September 19 - human remains found

If it was him, I think HE thinks he's building some kind of weird alibi.

I can’t shake the feeling that family and friends may be helping him avoid arrest. I believe the death penalty is on the table in Wyoming? Don’t know if I’m allowed to say this but I recall reading somewhere here that a grandparent lives in North Carolina, and something about Brian in a Camry there. Could people be helping him?

Parents I could stretch to, sibling maybe, but the chances of more people beyond that also being willing to commit crimes and aid a fugitive in a case like this just seems too much for me.

If this really happened, could it be his way of ACTING like he thinks Gabby is still alive. He's been on the run and didn't even know, etc. (I probably need to look at the timeline and compare the announcement of her being found to him taking off to the swamp).
It could be. But he may seriously be having a psychotic break. He killed his best friend, the girl he loved and planned to live his future with, and he’s wanted by the FBI. His world has imploded.

I read orange markers were used by LE/forensics to create 3D modeling of the crime scene.

Sorry, I can’t find where I read this.

https://www.sirchie.com/sirchmark-trade-evidence-marking-paint-kit.html#.YVkgYprMLb0

also this, it's referenced as being used in snow to show impressions and give contrast.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/handbook-of-forensic-services-pdf.pdf

and this
https://www.hittmarking.com/category/evi-paq-spray-chalk

and for real in depth, this:
http://www.suelee.ca/media/07_crime_scene_doc_photog_1.pdf

It's also used often in crime scenes like car accidents to reconstruct what happened, show directions of cars or people, etc. In this case, I'm not sure if it wasn't also used to mark specific areas for GPS coordinates or grid marking?

I do see the reasoning behind a lot of the members' analysis of BL.
But, I would not underestimate any abilities of his. It doesn't matter if he looks soft or lazy or is not a survivalist. My perspective is to assume the worst, that he is skilled.
He has been able to convince Gabby that only he can love him. He didn't raise any red flags in GP's family for so many years. He might have convinced his parents that he was a victim in this whole case. He was able to convince the officers in the Moab incident that she was the aggressor. Would have given him some confidence.
If he isn't confident and skilled, that's all the more better!
But as the LE, I don't think they will be relaxed or assume that he is naive and will get caught easily. They got to put in the efforts as though he is the most elusive man on earth.

It could be. But he may seriously be having a psychotic break. He killed his best friend, the girl he loved and planned to live his future with, and he’s wanted by the FBI. His world has imploded.
If it is him, I think it could go either way - he truly has imploded, as you said, or he is in prime-manipulation mode and building an alibi. It's 50/50 with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly