Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing they are misspeaking, about the incident that happened in Moab, Utah. They're saying let's move on beyond that incident involving the police, and focus on where she is now.

No, I thought that too at first. What he means is that they know she and he parted in Wyoming. Some thing happened there after the 24th. Their swan song was in Wyoming, and the father and LE know this. imo.

Maybe they broke up and he flew home with the intention of staying home. Perhaps she later realized she didn’t want to deal with the van herself and asked him to come get it and drive it back across the country. Maybe she’d already gotten connected with another individual or group and made plans so he wasn’t really worried about her. It could even have been an amicable breakup, and he didn’t expect to hear from her much.
We don’t know if any of what she told her parents was true, including her location, plans, story about him going home just for storage unit. We don’t know whether he was with her when she talked to her mom on the phone last, right? Maybe the sighting of them together at the hotel was a brief meetup to exchange keys and such. Too many unknowns here.
I can see logic in him getting an attorney and not talking, even if he’s innocent. I had a close family member who was the last person to see 2 people who escaped from a jail. The attorney advised her not to speak to anyone. Media were camped outside the house. Calls were all recorded. They just had to wait for the investigation to proceed.
I could see why his behavior might look suspicious to the family if G hadn’t been telling them the exact truth about her whereabouts and plans. And it wouldn’t make things better for him to accuse them of making inaccurate statements. He would look like a liar and blaming a victim.
Of course, he could also be a killer. Or both of them could be. This is certainly mysterious.
Good point; lots of unknowns. AND, maybe BL dropped her off in Yellowstone where she was supposed to meet that friend. But maybe he had her phone, so she had no way to hook up with the friend.

Lots of potential scenarios...

Last edited:
That's a weird statement to make. Hmm.

I'm still fond of my idea that LE is hoping to draw information about Gabby out of Brian tangentially via questioning about the two murdered women, and thus, I think the lawyer's bland statement is because he's trying to say as little as possible in the hopes that North Fork LE hasn't already thought of my option, and he doesn't want to tip them off, IMO.

The attorney is saying in not-so-many-words, that the double homicide has almost zero chance of being connected. But, that LE will never rule anything out until they can definitively rule it out.

And, MOO (of his end game in making this statement), is that people harping on this are potentially tainting any future jury pool because ... if they weave it into a plausible alternative, this will be the defense's argument.
I think you're giving him more credit than is due.

Right, I thought their original plan was to go to Yellowstone after Grand Teton, which isn't so far away, but maybe it was Yosemite all along? Or not? The reporters can't even keep them straight?
Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

It seems pretty clear to me that they broke up by August 17, if not sooner.

Five days after the altercation, Brian flew home to Florida to move her (or joint) possessions from a storage unit, leaving her in a Salt Lake City hotel, returning six days later.

In the altercation, she was the aggressor - or at least the one who struck and left scratches. The reports suggest that he withdrew from the argument because it was getting too heated - first backing off and then getting in the van. It sounds like something like this had happened before, and this was a learned (or counseling-educated) strategy to de-escalate the situation. She had serious anxiety issues and, apparently, abandonment issues, so his withdrawal might have terrified her; after all, that was a stated cause of the altercation. Perhaps he did overpower her or abuse her at some point, but there's no evidence of that other than what we know about how these things often go.

Five days later, he flew to Florida and then back again six days later. In the interim, her father reportedly ordered Uber Eats "for the couple" in the hotel where she was staying; did Dad not know that Brian had flown back home? Did she not want to admit that they were broken up? (Or is my reference mistaken?)

All of this looks like a negotiated breakup - to this point, anyway. He flew back either to help her drive home (or drive on, if they made up), or possibly to drive the van home alone while she flew home - or somewhere else - alone: the hotel where she was staying served the airport.

I don't think things look good for her, but there is a possibility that she gave him the van to drive home and went somewhere else herself.

In a completely different scenario, probably mutually exclusive to the one above, I'm really intrigued that their altercation took place at the Moonflower Food Co-op, which is where Kylen Schulte (one of the murdered newlyweds) worked. Both couples were living in their vehicles, possibly in the same place if they encountered each other at the Moonflower. Perhaps Gabby and Brian encountered the newlyweds while dispersed camping, and were told that Moonflower was THE place to get the beautiful food in their video.

At a minimum, they would KNOW about the same places for distributed camping. That might implicate either Gabby or Brian, but if the two mysteries are connected, I lean towards a third party with some kind of a mutual connection, either from the Moonflower or from camping.

There are definitely some things LE is keeping to themselves, doubtless with good reason: cell phone ping records, gas receipts, CCTV.

Finally, WHY Yosemite in the last text supposedly from Gabby to her mother? I'm trying to figure out how that would fit with either "Gabby goes on alone" scenario OR as an attempt to obscure where she really was if she'd been abandoned.

Gabby's pal, who wishes to remain anonymous and is yet to speak with police, told The Sun exclusively: "[The] last time I talk [ed] to Gabby was the beginning of August when we were planning for me to meet her in Yellowstone after my birthday.
As much as we all want information as soon as possible, I really wish people with information like this would go to the police before the press.

Yeah, and that's why I wouldn't talk to them. Again, they are distraught, so I won't be too critical, but they are being accusatory. Nothing he can say will change that.

And talking to LE, I don't know for sure he hasn't told them what he knows, but just because LE says he hasn't spoken to them doesn't mean he hasn't given them info. LE wants him to sit in a room with them. They are very experienced in applying the screws, even to innocent people. We see that time and again. Not only is it not pleasant, it never works out well for an innocent person. GP's parents blaming BL and alluding to the decency of BL's parents. It's unfortunate, They are are not helping by pressuring BL and his parents. They in fact are probably making the BL's more resolute.

Never? How many innocent people have been convicted through LE pressuring them?

What an odd perspective. I guess that's why we come to WS.

He has not given them info. His only way of giving info is talking. Are you suggesting he wrote to them?

As I mentioned, I've been following this case for a few days now and was disturbed by the police body cam video of Gabby. She seems somewhat immature for a 22 year old woman and her discussion of her OCD problems and anxiety issues come off as apologetic in terms of her being locked out of the van by Laundrii. Kind of "I deserved it, because I get this way." Not good. Has this young lady had treatment for these disorders? Is she prone to outbursts when affected by the onset of symptoms? Would she run off to either punish him or recover a calm disposition alone? Has she had odd episodes of strange behavior in the past?
Why he would leave her and drive all the way back to Florida is confounding...

Brian's lawyer sure isn't handling this case like he's ever going to need to win over a jury. No jury is going to feel compassion towards a guy who kept silent on the whereabouts of his missing fiancé. Which makes me wonder if Brian and family expects that Gabby will never be found.
In the event that the case ever progresses enough to go to a trial, I'm picturing a change of attorney. Jose Baez?

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

The Yosemite text was, according to her mother, sent on August 30, not August 28.

Was it Sept. or the end of August?

Was what...Sept or August?

August 25 - they are in Grand Teton.

Sept 1 - he is headed back fo FL. If not already in FL. IIRC, he arrives in FL on Sept 1. He also posts on his Insta (now hidden) for two days before leaving. He had to spend at least 3-4 days driving.

No time for Yosemite.

Have they released an approximate time/day of death for this couple? Wondering where that fits in to GP timeline
They have not. All that has been reported is that they were last seen alive on the night of August 13, the both failed to show up for work on Sunday the 14th. and their bodies were found on August 18th. Seems likely they were murdered late night on the 13th or early morning on the 14th.

But the message the mom got said "no cell service in Yosemite", so how do you explain that?

By his confusion about where he was - he didn't know. She'd been managing the trip, IMO. Many people confuse Yellowstone and Yosemite.

If they had crossed over the Tioga pass into Yosemite, this would be a different story.

Extremely smart if you ask me. Throw doubt into everything, muddy the waters. There is no evidence GP and BL had guns, but I just had a thought. I wonder if Shulte-Turner "packed". Still as I commented yesterday, since GP and BL were stopped at Arches entrance they had no way of knowing who around the co-op reported their altercation there. And the bar owner of Woody's surely would have publicly reported that GP and BL were in there at the same time on Aug. 13th evening by now. (I normally don't believe in coincidence either, until it actually is one.;))

I don't think the cases are connected at all. And, to even suggest his client could even remotely have anything to do with a double homicide.... big no-no. (my IANAL opinion, but we can disagree ;))

Maybe they broke up and he flew home with the intention of staying home. Perhaps she later realized she didn’t want to deal with the van herself and asked him to come get it and drive it back across the country. Maybe she’d already gotten connected with another individual or group and made plans so he wasn’t really worried about her. It could even have been an amicable breakup, and he didn’t expect to hear from her much.
We don’t know if any of what she told her parents was true, including her location, plans, story about him going home just for storage unit. We don’t know whether he was with her when she talked to her mom on the phone last, right? Maybe the sighting of them together at the hotel was a brief meetup to exchange keys and such. Too many unknowns here.
I can see logic in him getting an attorney and not talking, even if he’s innocent. I had a close family member who was the last person to see 2 people who escaped from a jail. The attorney advised her not to speak to anyone. Media were camped outside the house. Calls were all recorded. They just had to wait for the investigation to proceed.
I could see why his behavior might look suspicious to the family if G hadn’t been telling them the exact truth about her whereabouts and plans. And it wouldn’t make things better for him to accuse them of making inaccurate statements. He would look like a liar and blaming a victim.
Of course, he could also be a killer. Or both of them could be. This is certainly mysterious.
All Possible but prior to her “disappearance “she was in regular contact with family members.If she has just gone off the grid/dark that is not characteristic of her past behaviors. I understand getting an attorney but remaining 100% silent is much different then cooperating with LE under the guidance of an attorney to protect your rights, especially when there is a person who has possibly been harmed or in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet