Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the family be able to say they don't want him to have immunity yet? They are still hoping he will volunteer the information? They're obviously desperate, so I'm not sure where they would play into this decision?
Not sure. But why would they say no, if the only thing they care about - based on published statements - is to 'find Gabby'? But it would remove the 5th Amendment... and Laundrie would be compelled to disclose what he knows (or be found in contempt).

Just thinking about the plausibility of the 'abandonment' theory. If he does this, he's not going to walk her into the wilderness and run away from her... And this van is not exactly an off-road vehicle, so doesn't he have to be somewhere it can be parked? If he leaves her stranded, taking the van, it would still be on somewhat of a roadway, no? Where, with enough time, she would be found? Or could walk the road they are driving on until she sees someone? I've never been there, so idk, but I don't see how he could abandon her deep enough in the wilderness for her to be 'lost' and by herself. IMO

Wait, if Gabby was supposed to meet a friend in Yosemite...when, exactly? But they were last known to be in Wyoming on Aug. 25, , but then two text messages came to her mother between the 25th and the 30th, one saying "no service in Yosemite", but the friend never met up with her there, ... what are we to make of that? Shouldn't LE be all over that?

Maybe it means she did make it to Yosemite somehow. Or maybe it means BL drove to Yosemite on schedule (but why would he do that? Because he thought G's mom knew the itinerary, and he wanted to send a text from there to throw her off track??), then turned around and went home. But that's a very long drive to FL from Yosemite. What was the date he arrived in FL?

Shouldn't we be dissecting this? lol. The friend speaking up and saying Gabby never arrived for their meeting in Yosemite seems like an important development.

Brian was halfway to Florida when he sent that last text to Gabby's mom. imo.

I would really like BL to retain an ACTUAL defense lawyer here, not a (likely) family friend who specializes in real estate from what I understand... Not talking to LE is smart, but at some point, saying NOTHING is pretty damning in the court of public opinion... Luckily it's not how our legal system works, but still.
This. I have been bothered by the way the Laundries have been advised and by the few statements that have come out. It's one thing to decline to talk to the police and to keep Brian from talking to the media, but to not even offer a generalized denial of wrongdoing when this case is one of the hottest news stories nationally and internationally seems negligent

Or maybe he's the abuser and this interaction emboldened him to smack her good one and he killed her. Or maybe the fight had nothing to with anything and aliens came down and abducted her. Hard to say, but she is missing and he won't say where he even saw her last.

I like the aliens theory (always the best answer)…so yeah he appears to be at fault for something or at least he thinks he is at fault for something. The bodycam footage answers some questions but raises many others.

And did anyone else have an issue with the immediate assumption by the cops that he was the abuser? My wife noticed this before I did….They sat him in the direct sun while interrogating him and put her in the safe, shaded squad car…until they saw that he had visible injuries (and she didn’t) and especially after their stories matched (about who hit who and who was the aggressor). The officer admitted on camera that technically he should have charged her with DV.

Eyewitnesses at the previous location (that called in about their public disturbance) reported his actions as more ‘defensive’ than ‘offensive’. That’s important.

She was only let off because the supervisor didn’t understand why HE was the victim even though he just arrived on scene with little info.

And then this supervisor asks the officer to do something I’ve never heard of to the ‘now suspected aggressor’ (and I listen to legal cases for a living): to ask what her INTENT was in hitting him? Hitting him because he wouldn’t stop telling her to call down…WTF?

And not only that, he asked her this in the most blatantly ‘leading’ manner (basically warns/tells her how to answer so she doesn’t get in trouble).

My first impressions is that she is mentally troubled (aggressive, admits to being on medication, describes herself as OCD and thinks herself as mean). He seems embarrassed and overwhelmed/confused by all of it. He’s got all the physical injuries/scratches etc, reported witnesses to his defensive position in the fight and yet still says he’s fine, he loves her, doesn’t want her to get in trouble. Men don’t want to admit when a woman is aggressive to them.

But there’s definitely the possibility he cracked and this wasn’t typical behavior (relatives reported no red flags with him after years in the relationship) and maybe he did something unforgivable.

Whether that was physical violence (accidental or not) or abandonment, his lawyer obviously feels that he needs to clam up for now.

And yes, I want to know where she is and if she is ok, especially after the double murders two days later in the same area.

The more I think of it, the more it could be LE are not ruling out the double homicide too is to effectively smoke BL out.

I didn’t do that but I did this…
Yes, or at the very least to get a clearer sense of the timeline. Like, “I couldn’t have killed them, because I was staying over here, and then GP and I left for SLC, etc”

Do we know whether the friend was male or female
Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing
Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom
Female

Petito, 22, was due to meet up with her pal on Aug. 29 at Yosemite and was supposed to call her that day — the friend’s birthday — to nail down the specifics, The Sun reported.

…..

Gabby's friend explained: "She was supposed to call on my birthday and we were going to figure it all out then because her trip wasn’t on schedule.

"The whole thing is odd. My birthday is the 29th. I don't know why she’d send that text [to her mom] and not message me.

(IMO, I’m sure Gabby’s mom knows who this friend is and her story can be looked in to)

Wait, if Gabby was supposed to meet a friend in Yosemite...when, exactly? But they were last known to be in Wyoming on Aug. 25, , but then two text messages came to her mother between the 25th and the 30th, one saying "no service in Yosemite", but the friend never met up with her there, ... what are we to make of that? Shouldn't LE be all over that?

Maybe it means she did make it to Yosemite somehow. Or maybe it means BL drove to Yosemite on schedule (but why would he do that? Because he thought G's mom knew the itinerary, and he wanted to send a text from there to throw her off track??), then turned around and went home. But that's a very long drive to FL from Yosemite. What was the date he arrived in FL?

Shouldn't we be dissecting this? lol. The friend speaking up and saying Gabby never arrived for their meeting in Yosemite seems like an important development.
Gabby's friends claimed she planned to go to Yellowstone National Park on her next stop.
Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom
Even in this article the two sites are interchangeable.
Very common to mix up the two names.

They ought to change the first letter on one of the two parks!o_O

Time is of the essence in finding her. Winter will be in the Utah mountains before it hits the Utah ground.

If she was/is incapacitated somewhere consider that she is now going on 3 weeks with no food, no water, exposed to the elements, and exposed to wildlife - namely, coyotes.

I feel like any connection to the double homicide is an important point. Because if he IS found to be connected to that case in *any* way, even if it's a same place/same time type of situation, they can bring him in on that and question him with a lawyer present.

I'm not sure about the legalities of him then being questioned about Gabby if this is the angle that LE is going for.

Why can't she drive her car? I keep seeing this in various posts and don't get it.

In the police video, she says she's scared to drive it.

I know, I know, if I was scared of driving a particular vehicle I certainly wouldn't (a), buy that vehicle, (b), make someone else do all the heavy lifting driving said vehicle 24/7 on a cross country road trip no matter how hard my beloved swore he didn't mind doing so; but, it is what it is.

Maybe they broke up and he flew home with the intention of staying home. Perhaps she later realized she didn’t want to deal with the van herself and asked him to come get it and drive it back across the country. Maybe she’d already gotten connected with another individual or group and made plans so he wasn’t really worried about her. It could even have been an amicable breakup, and he didn’t expect to hear from her much.
We don’t know if any of what she told her parents was true, including her location, plans, story about him going home just for storage unit. We don’t know whether he was with her when she talked to her mom on the phone last, right? Maybe the sighting of them together at the hotel was a brief meetup to exchange keys and such. Too many unknowns here.
I can see logic in him getting an attorney and not talking, even if he’s innocent. I had a close family member who was the last person to see 2 people who escaped from a jail. The attorney advised her not to speak to anyone. Media were camped outside the house. Calls were all recorded. They just had to wait for the investigation to proceed.
I could see why his behavior might look suspicious to the family if G hadn’t been telling them the exact truth about her whereabouts and plans. And it wouldn’t make things better for him to accuse them of making inaccurate statements. He would look like a liar and blaming a victim.
Of course, he could also be a killer. Or both of them could be. This is certainly mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member