Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely don’t think she just went off the grid or went dark. I’m trying to think through what it might look like if he truly wasn’t involved in her demise.

and drive it back across the country. Maybe she’d already gotten connected with another individual or group and made plans so he wasn’t really worried about her. It could even have been an amicable breakup, and he didn’t expect to hear from her much.
We don’t know if any of what she told her parents was true, including her location, plans, story about him going home just for storage unit. We don’t know whether he was with her when she talked to her mom on the phone last, right? Maybe the sighting of them together at the hotel was a brief meetup to exchange keys and such. Too many unknowns here.
I can see logic in him getting an attorney and not talking, even if he’s innocent. I had a close family member who was the last person to see 2 people who escaped from a jail. The attorney advised her not to speak to anyone. Media were camped outside the house. Calls were all recorded. They just had to wait for the investigation to proceed.
I could see why his behavior might look suspicious to the family if G hadn’t been telling them the exact truth about her whereabouts and plans. And it wouldn’t make things better for him to accuse them of making inaccurate statements. He would look like a liar and blaming a victim.
Of course, he could also be a killer. Or both of them could be. This is certainly mysterious.
You are more generous then I am concerning BL. I can’t think of any scenario that would warrant him not telling LE of her last known whereabouts regardless of what Gabby was telling her family. Technology today easily allows for verification of where someone is/has been. With all the publicity this case has had, if there was a sighting of her somebody would have come forward. There have been witnesses to verify the last few weeks of their journey and then no sightings at all.

Wow...I'm going to have to take vacation days to catch up on this thread!

I watched the body cam video with the police today on my lunch hour. This mother's heart was breaking and I wanted to reach out and put my arms around Gabby and tell her everything will be alright. It must have been very hard for her parents to watch that video. I believe the officers description of her behavior was inaccurate. She was not hysterical - she was just upset.

I did not perceive the controlling behavior that others saw in BL. He was polite and courteous to the officers as I would have expected a well-raised young adult to act. He did however seem to throw shade at her for the entire incident and I found that very troubling. The "she's crazy" remark he made was straw that threw me over the fence.

I was MOST disturbed by the actions of the officer on the way to the hotel...his comparison of his wife to Gabby and buddying up to BL was just weird in my opinion.

Bottom line for me is that BL had her van and she didn't. She is missing and he isn't coming forward with information on where he saw her last. This move reeks of self-preservation and without further information I can only assume he has something to hide.

JMO
Beautifully said @KJ's Mamu . I also found the officer to be a bit out of line with that discussion. The officer seemed dang sure he handled that call like a boss.

JMO but in reviewing the full body cam, I see cuts or abrasions on Gabby too.

Mark 55:51 There appears to be a small cut or scratch on the top of her right hand.

Mark 56:23 You can clearly see a horizontal scratch or cut just under her left cheek. Earlier when she demonstrates how he grabbed her around the face, she indicates that's how she got the wound. But I don't know if the policeman really clocked that.

I also would argue that there is a subtle discoloration on her right upper arm near her elbow that looks like someone grabbed her there or squeezed hard with a hand. I see pressure marks of fingers. It wasn't that noticeable throughout the whole body cam, though. I am wondering if it's just taking time to appear (like bruises do). Or am I just seeing things?

In any case. I do think it's important to point out that Gabby did have visible injuries on camera, even if it's not written down in the police report. Why did the officer only take pictures of BL's injuries?

To me, this seems like a case of 'reactive abuse'.

I also think it's odd that he lied about not having a phone in explaining his side of things, why she was trying to take back the keys. He clearly brings it out later on to show the officer his contact number.

Gabby Petito in Tears After Aug. 12 Fight With Boyfriend in Utah, Bodycam Video Shows | Inside Edition

The aspiring "van life" travel blogger was reported missing by her family last weekend after her boyfriend returned home to Florida without her.

Newly released bodycam footage shows a distraught Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, Brain Laundrie, moments after a heated argument during their cross-country road trip.

The Aug. 12 video was taken outside Arches National Park in Utah, after a witness reported the couple arguing at a grocery store and called 911...

It was strange whenever I have been pulled over they ask for my drivers license and car registration. I never heard them ask for registration and who owned the vehicle. It’s her Van and not once did I hear it mentioned it was hers. The only thing I heard was when BL said there last trip was in a Nissan Sentra but he said ‘why don’t we go bigger in a van” so I wonder if Gabby bought the van to make him happy. He was trying too hard to be overly friendly, with the officers, smiling and laughing sometimes in a very serious situation. Did anyone see the fist bump with BL and the cop? BL apologized way too much which is a sign of anxiety and low self esteem

"Where"?

IMO, very little chance... just out of curiosity, what would this look like?

"The last" time is... the last.

I would agree he might not know what DAY he last saw her, i.e. "when"... but not "where".
I suppose if they’d been abducted by aliens and have some hazy memory he might not be inclined to mention it to anyone and be genuinely at a loss as to when it was he last saw her. That’s about it, I think.

How can you say you want Gabby to be found and you love her while continuing to remain silent. Those two things couldn't be farther from each other. Now that BL's sister has spoken out, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before someone in the family talks.

BL and his whole family are 100% getting dragged through the mud in the court of public opinion right now. BL has no way out at this point; even if he somehow is entirely innocent of anything, his life is ruined. He just needs to do the right thing and talk to LE.

They aren’t ruling it out. There are A LOT of coincidences.

Just to clarify, and as someone who hasn't followed the earlier case -- are LE "not ruling out"

a) a connection between the cases with BL as a possible culprit, or

b) a connection between the cases and some 3rd party who isn't BL but who might now have murdered three women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme