Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a first in my experience. Most people don’t turn an innocent thing like that, into what is likely, a multi state homicide investigation.

Her phone is inactive, she’s without a vehicle, he left her thousands of miles away, lawyered up, shut down, and is the focus of national scorn.

He could end all that in a second, yet days have passed and he continues to ignore the pleas of a desperate family.

I couldn’t disagree more with this theory.
tney were documenting their lives through photo & video. Seems weird he would choose a Halloween photo that might make people question the post and not just pull the probably tons and tons of unused photos and/or stills from the videos they had taken very recently.

It would make more sense to remove their lone youtube video that still up and currently has over a million views wouldn't it? Plus they should have a ton of spare footage that could be used for a picture if someone wanted to do that.

Also at 17:08 in the bodycam video when they ask him if she takes medication, does he say “Well, she’s crazy (laughs, waves hand) Nah, I’m just kidding, no, none that I know of”

That also feels real stinking’ weird to say to police.

And makes me think he calls her crazy a lot and has convinced her she is.

Could he have drugged her at any point?

TBF, do we know that they didn't go to LE first?

Well, the Sun article said that she hadn’t yet. On the other hand, the news articles themselves can’t seem to figure out the difference between Yosemite and Yellowstone, so a minor detail like whether a source has spoken to the police might well get overlooked.

The characterization of Gabby and Brian by the cops makes me sick. Who are they to say that she's manic and he's calm? People handle stress in different ways.

SBM
Yes. She handles stress by going manic and he handles it more calmly, as evidenced by the video itself. I would call that an accurate characterization.

I see what you're saying, but she didnt hurt him severely (a scratch?), he didn't seem in anyway afraid of her, and if he was in any physical danger he could defend himself. Unfortunately, she obviously could not and that's likely why she's missing now. She's the one that's now gone and no one knows where to even start to look for her because he won't say (which makes no sense if he's innocent of wrong-doing or cares even a little bit about her), he drove her van for 30+ hours back to the comfort and protection of his home and parents while she's just.. no where to be found. The outcome of cases like this is all too similar, you shouldn't be "disgusted" that people think a certain way about certain trends. A small young woman missing, her much physically stronger partner that she had a volatile relationship with, who was the last to be with her, is not cooperating and not helping to find her. Yes maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions, but it's just hard not to think things when the dots just connect in a concerning familiar way..

IMO.

I’m with ya. I mean I think it was a domestic violence incident. And it does appear that Gabby, in that incident, was the only one who committed physical assault. Of course women can be domestic abusers. Like Jodi Arias. But women can also be victims of gaslighting and emotional abuse by disturbed individuals and be perpetrators of domestic violence at the same time.

As with many people, the social media presentation of a wonderfully happy couple on a grand adventure, was a false veneer. This was, apparently, a very dysfunctional couple.

But, Gabby didn’t come home. Her boyfriend did. And he failed to report her missing, tell her family what happened or where she is. He lawyered up. (And yes, ya’ll, as an attorney I know it’s his constitutional right. But the public can INDEED form judgments or opinions based on his actions. And based on norms of human behavior, IMO, his actions scream knowledge of foul play).

It’s odd to me that some people view things so black and white. Like if a potential victim has anything negative about him or her, they can’t be a victim. It’s weird, right?

Bottom line is it appears that someone who engaged in domestic violence against another person, may have also been a victim of abuse from that other person and ultimately, may have been a victim of the most severe form of abuse there is.

SBM
Yes. She handles stress by going manic and he handles it more calmly, as evidenced by the video itself. I would call that an accurate characterization.

Can we characterize everything about these two from that one incident? If we can, then that could mean that whatever happened to Gabby was cold blooded and calculated.

There is so much commentary on here in response to the police incident video that is directly contradicted by the video itself or not at all supported by the video. I feel like I'm being manipulated, controlled, and gaslighted. IMO
Not sure how you mean this, but I will agree about the contradictions. I don't know how so many people can watch the same thing and hear the same words, and then interpret them so differently.

Police reports, social media provide timeline of Gabby Petito's disappearance after road trip with fiancé (nbcnews.com)

Police say Brian Laundrie is a “person of interest” in her disappearance and has been uncooperative in the investigation.

Before 22-year-old Gabby Petito went missing, she and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, were in love and ready to embark on the road trip of a lifetime.

The couple began a cross-country tour of national parks in July, documenting their journey on YouTube and Instagram using the hashtag #VanLife.

Now, authorities across the U.S. are mounting a search for Petito, who hasn’t been heard from since late August when she was believed to be in Grand Teton National Park near Jackson, Wyoming. At least a half-dozen law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, are looking into her disappearance.

Police in Florida this week called Laundrie a “person of interest” in Petito's disappearance and have said he’s been uncooperative in the investigation...

Hi all. This story has quickly captured the attention of so many including myself. I do not normally feel compelled to interact on missing person reports, but something about this story has my attention! I just signed up to comment. This seems like a well run and well structured online community. So I am just here to hopefully share some thoughts and engage a bit with the community as a way to settle some things in my own mind.

My thoughts.

As I sit here reading through the thread, there is this video of the couple playing. They are so innocent looking both of them. I didn't go through all the social media accounts at all, but from what I understand, it's a young couple out chasing a dream. It really is a beautiful story up until the last several days when the girls parents reported her missing.

I did watch most of the 8/12 video of the police encounter they had. These seem to be two completely different people than what is depicted in their public facing story. That in and of itself is alarming to me. By all accounts, even the parents of both kids are shocked that the relationship portrayed by the police body cam is not the relationship portrayed in social media or what they know.

My focus is drawn to this disparity. Right now, the story is about locating the girl and the girl's distraught parents. Even more, the story seems like it is becoming about some unspoken feud between the parents and the families.

I think the most mysterious part about this story is why did Brian fly home on 8/17 - 8/23 according to the handwritten note by Gabby's step uncle. There is some mention in a Daily Mail article about her mom believing that her stuff was being moved out of the house she shared with Brian and his family to a storage.

Did the families of these two young people have a clue at this time that there was a fight on 8/12?

This leads me to wonder why it would have taken so long for Gabby's family to consider she may be in trouble with no contact between the last message from her phone (whoever her mom thinks sent it) and Sept. 11?

I believe both of these young people were hiding something from the parents that possibly hints at some involvement in the other mystery that is currently happening in the same general location at the same general time.

I believe the Yosemite/Yellowstone mix up is a red hearing. I don't think Gabby's family is telling the public everything they know, which is understandable. The police have now asked the Gabby family to stop sharing relationship details with the public.

I feel like there is a reason that Brian and family are not talking and that reason isn't what most people believe it is.

I hope that this young woman is reunited with her family soon. I am trying to find any angle I can to see how she can come home safe even if that angle possibly paints her actions in a not so innocent light.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member