Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they have been waylayed by sex trafficers who held them at gunpoint, grabbed Gabbie and left him holding the bag?
That sort of thing just doesn’t happen, but I’ll humor you.

All he’d have to do, is call 911 and say “my girlfriend has been kidnapped.”

What makes absolutely no sense, is getting in the van, driving home, and never reporting her missing.

SEP 16, 2021
Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said couple was always happy | KUTV
Friends and co-workers of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie said they are shocked by her disappearance.

[...]

A former co-worker described them as "couple goals.” NK said she worked with Brian and Gabby at a Publix grocery store in North Port Florida. She said at first, she thought the two were siblings, from the way they always did everything together. But then Gabby told her they were engaged.

[...]

She said the couple were so excited for their upcoming road trip. Saying they planned to travel the U.S, and hopefully Europe if they saved the money. She described Gabby as sweet. She loved to cook, and they often shared recipes. Kalanych said Brian was kind and would always help her lift heavy boxes.

She said she never saw them get in a verbal or physical altercation, and it's hard for her to hear all the speculations. Gabby’s other friends described her as a light, these past few days have been unimaginable for them.

[...]

I was visiting Antelope Island State Park in Utah (near Ogden) yesterday, and overheard park rangers discussing the FBI reviewing their security footage from a day in August, since someone reported seeing this couple in the van there, remembered noticing something about the way the woman was acting. Not confirmed that this was GP and BL. So it seems no stone will be left unturned. Would think that the Yellowstone and GT entrance stations security cameras are also being scoured. Having been in Yellowstone and Grand Teton recently also, I can confirm that cell coverage is very weak or non-existent. These are big parks, but extremely crowded. Since hunting and dogs are not allowed, the usual ways that bodies are found in the woods, it may be a long time, if ever, before her body is found unless someone comes forward with a tip.
Moab is a small enough town that it seems like just a coincidence that the couple who was murdered worked in the co-op where this couple had the argument. My guess is that the creepy guy was a homophobic psycho.

How about this timestamp, then. The injury was visible from the beginning. What you were suggesting is factually not true and victim blaming. Especially since she did not bring up the topic herself. The LEO asked her if BL had hit her.

gabby4.png

ETA: oops not sure how I also attached the larger screenshot lol. (Yes, I had a relaxing lullaby for Cats playing in the background for my tabby sweetie. *wink*)

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-17_15-57-46.png
    upload_2021-9-17_15-57-46.png
    467.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I see nothing about any marks on Gabby in the police report, nor did I hear it in the police video. I just rechecked the police report.
I don't remember if it's in the police report. In the video, after Gabby tells the officer about him grabbing her face, he walks back to the other officers and tells them she has some marks on her, too. IMO

Retired FBI special agent gives insight on disappearance of Gabby Petito - East Idaho News

A retired FBI special agent says the disappearance of Gabby Petito is a mystery that illustrates “just how strange human nature can be sometimes.”

Frank Montoya worked for the FBI over 25 years and served in a variety of high-profile positions, including the head of national counterintelligence and as the special agent in charge of the Honolulu and Seattle divisions.

Montoya tells EastIdahoNews.com. “It seems like there’s a lot of information that they can sift through that may lead to the declaration that her boyfriend (Brian Laundrie) is a suspect or can be charged with a crime.”

Montoya believes police will go through Petito’s 2012 Ford Transit van “with a fine-toothed comb” and scour her social media accounts for any clues as to where she could be. They may also be looking for any connection to a double-homicide that occurred in Moab during the time Petito and Laundrie were in the area.

Moab police were called to a violent argument between Petito and Laundrie the day before in the town.

“It would be a dereliction of duty if you did not look at that in terms of a possible connection. It’s not to say that anybody’s guilty of anything at this point of time but if it was a crime that led to her disappearance, could there be a connection and could it explain why she is missing at this point in time?” Montoya wonders.

Montoya is hopeful Petito is found but says patience is key in cases like these.

I thought this was going to turn out to be a wild left-field theory but if this is true/verified it looks like there could be a possible connection. At the very least it seems BL and GP crossed paths with Kylen—beyond that it’s pure speculation. Glad to hear LE is actively investigating the link.

Seriously though, what are the odds of BL and GP crossing paths with Kylen? It sure raises my hinky meter! :eek:

SEP 16, 2021
Friends stunned by Gabby Petito's disappearance, said couple was always happy | KUTV
Friends and co-workers of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie said they are shocked by her disappearance.

[...]

A former co-worker described them as "couple goals.” NK said she worked with Brian and Gabby at a Publix grocery store in North Port Florida. She said at first, she thought the two were siblings, from the way they always did everything together. But then Gabby told her they were engaged.

[...]

She said the couple were so excited for their upcoming road trip. Saying they planned to travel the U.S, and hopefully Europe if they saved the money. She described Gabby as sweet. She loved to cook, and they often shared recipes. Kalanych said Brian was kind and would always help her lift heavy boxes.

She said she never saw them get in a verbal or physical altercation, and it's hard for her to hear all the speculations. Gabby’s other friends described her as a light, these past few days have been unimaginable for them.

[...]

they’re always happy until they’re not, they’re always good persons until they’re not

They say it’s always the simplest of answers
Violate the "Golden Rule" as they say in trial and put yourself in his shoes. So, if I'm a 20-something faced with a life altering situation in another state I'd immediately call my most trusted advisors for guidance - at his age probably "my" parents. My parents would not say get in the car flee the state and come home. They'd say go the police or get somewhere safe I'm on the next flight to you and we go together. But, it seems his parents may be different.

SEP 16, 2021
Brian Laundrie's sister speaks publicly on Gabby Petito's disappearance, says family wants her to be 'found safe'
Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie told ABC News on Thursday her family "wants Gabby Petito to be found safe," and that Gabby is "like a sister," to her, as her brother continued to refuse to cooperate with authorities working to find the missing 22-year old.

[...]

"Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe, she's like a sister and my children love her," Laundrie's sister, Cassie, told ABC News.

[...]

ABC News will air the entire interview with Laundrie's sister Friday morning. It is unclear whether Cassie has spoken to Brian.

[...]

I do understand that but if the person who owns the vehicle is missing? How can a missing woman file a report?

They can’t. That’s the point. Unfortunately there won’t be a theft crime related to the vehicle since it’s not possible.

Do I understand correctly that she was to meet a friend at Yellowstone on or before Aug 29, but her fiance said Yosemite?

They were supposed to meet in September sometime. Date not determined because the trip was off-schedule. They were supposed to firm up the date via a call on 8/29.

Well, Gabby's girlfriend said she had plans to meet Gabby at Yosemite. HOWEVER, that's just according to what written in the NY Post and, according to other posts, here, other media says Yellowstone. The girlfriend saying Yosemite and Gabby's mother saying Yosemite kind of makes it sound like it's Yosemite. That said, Yellowstone makes more sense because it was close to where G&B were. We have no way of knowing, anyway, so are stuck waiting on the release of cell phone data. I hope it's coming soon.

NY Post is wrong. The original source is The Sun and they say Yellowstone.

I keep seeing posts on him having left. Do you know where this was reported?

Gabby’s step-uncle Mike posted it in a comment on FB. The photo was a handwritten timeline the family put together.

Utah defense attorney Greg Skordas, who is not involved with the case, told KUTV that many people assume a person is hiding something if they assert their right not to speak.

“I think it’s smart for this attorney to say ‘look my client is not hiding anything I’m advising him not to speak at this time and he’s willing to follow my advice at this time’”, Mr Skordas says.

Mr Skordas added there could come a time when a person of interest would want to talk to police.
RSBM.

I'm getting tired of these lawyers.

Of course he's hiding something, he's hiding information about his last interactions with a missing person, which are the best evidence for potentially finding her alive. How can this be 'smart' in any kind of decent society.

As an analogy, if you hit someone with your car and leave the scene, this is not 'protecting your constitutional rights' this is called hit and run, and you'll be charged, and potentially go to jail, and your car insurance premiums will go way up. It's not praised as 'smart'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member