Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last section of the body cam footage, BL is discussing an "advantage" of having GP go back and get him lunch when he was driving. Unsure if he means the advantage of the van, or having GP with him. He was laughing and making light of it, not in any way concerned about the current emotional state of his fiancee.
In the YouTube vid (sorry don't have link) GP states, "look at Gabby, outside"
I am starting to think, that this trip was not her idea, or her plan and BL was in charge of everything.
I am not an outdoors person, in fact I am not a fan of nature at all, so I would never plan a trip like this.
I am curious as to how much input GP had in this trip. I get the feeling she had to be very submissive to BL and perhaps his family. Maybe her trying to do the youtube & insta thing was her way of coping with this trip.
I am wondering if BL is involved in what happened to Kylen and her wife as well. He seems to have no problem conversing with LE, and telling them what they want to hear. I would think if GP was just missing then he would have easily concocted a story about her wandering off, or getting in a van with a different group of people etc, something to take the focus off him. Coming up with a story about 2 deceased women, and one missing woman would be far harder. Which could be the reason he lawyered up.

Have we discussed why her hair is shoulder length in her last IG pic? Do we know how old that pic is? thanks
I agree. She looks young in that picture. I went back to all the other pictures of the trip and you can definitely tell her hair is long. When she does have it up, it is in a bun or ponytail. To me, it looks, like a photoshopped image.

Agreed... Amelia Earhardt it ain't.

Trying to be very polite and nice to her, since she is the victim, but wondering if she might have had an unrealistic view of this experience before embarking upon it... I mean, even more so than just "someone who has not done it". It takes a lot to romanticize it, IMO, if you don't even want to be behind the wheel... and I say this as a non-driver myself.

Maybe she was not that worried because she knew she could drive it in a pinch, or maybe she's OK with maneuvering it if she's the only person/car on the road, it's just she didn't "love" it...but again, that seems odd.

It makes one feel that someone maneuvered her into, at minimum, choosing it, if not choosing the entire "vanlife" enterprise.

I'm not even saying it's Brian - maybe her father or mother coaxed her into buying it because they thought it was safer or sturdier than other options but - it is weird. It's kinda like saying your ambitions are to become a prima ballerina without ever mastering dancing in pointe shoes. If you don't love the very iconic tools of your desired trade - why would you choose it?
OR, she really wanted to do this and had that one MAJOR limitation - not being comfortable driving the van.

So she convinces BL to come with her. They get a fun experience, she doesn't have to drive. Seems like a win/win for everyone until tensions build. He doesn't think her blog is a good idea or that she will be successful, she's spending hours online trying to work on her brand instead of having these true experiences they anticipated. They are behind schedule, low on funds.

That's a LOT of stress.

Considering other then Gabby Petitos parents claiming something sinister happened, is there actually any actionable evidence that her boyfriend did anything other then what he says?

Considering if you watch the police body cam footage in its entirety from when they were stopped and spent a night apart, both Gabby and the boyfriend say separately that he told her he was putting her out of the van and leaving her then.

I would say its safe to assume that would likely have been his same reaction again if another row had developed. Its probable that if that is what happened then while it was a foolish decision to abandon her, he likely did what he had originally tried to do and surely the police should be looking for other ways she could have come to harm.

Have animal attacks been looked at as a possibility in the national park?

I have not watched the police cam yet, but going by the police reports and your theory.. MOO if he did the same thing during the next argument, you would assume then she would panic again at the thought of being left. When she's desperately trying to get into the van, he places his hands on her face to push her back.. unfortunately, this time their is nobody to call 911. She could have hit her head, fell off a cliff.. any number of things that could possibly have caused him to panic. Having written this it has me thinking, that his intent may not have been to necessarily hurt her physically, but by him doing the same as stated in the report, it possibly left her in need of medical care and him fleeing home in a panic. I could see something like that happening when tensions, emotions are very high.

yellowstone_cells2.gif

Yellow indicates cell coverage in Yellowstone. I was surprised that there was that much coverage.

Focusing on his potential involvement:

If he isn’t involved, he and his family are horrible people, and I don’t care that they are being bombarded by media and the community. All he has to do is say where he left her, that’s it. Give them a starting point.

They stopped returning texts weeks ago, and never reported Gabby missing.

If he is involved, it speaks for itself.

And when did he and Gabby stop texting and communicating? I hope her phone records have been released to LE.

I am wondering if BL is involved in what happened to Kylen and her wife as well. He seems to have no problem conversing with LE, and telling them what they want to hear. I would think if GP was just missing then he would have easily concocted a story about her wandering off, or getting in a van with a different group of people etc, something to take the focus off him. Coming up with a story about 2 deceased women, and one missing woman would be far harder. Which could be the reason he lawyered up.

MHOO, but I disagree. I would definitely expect him to make up a valid-sounding alibi for whatever happened to GP. I don’t think he did anything to the other women (to me that’s more of a serial killer thing, and I don’t think this guy is a serial killer)…but even if he did, he wouldn’t have to include an alibi for that. He could just be like “Huh? Never saw them in my life” and leave it at that.

I can’t figure out why he came home and lawyered up instead of making up an alibi for himself and sounding innocent, especially since he seemed totally ok with the cops in the video. That’s why I think there’s some sort of unique facet to what happened that we have no idea what it is at this point.

If they’d been in the cafe 9-3, why was his phone dead by just after 4?

Do you mean because she asked him to take the charger? It may be that they've simply struggled to get phones charged and as she's the one more interested in putting photos online, she just sees a hotel as a good opportunity to charge his phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd