Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed there is no ... or maybe I should say I have not noticed any "armed and dangerous" or "potentially armed and dangerous" reports associated with his search at all. MOO

He's also not a POI in this hunt, he's a fugitive, so it would definitely be a higher alert, but that may only apply to LE and not the public. Although the public should have some sort of warning about approaching him, seeing, etc..

In her position, simply for proximity, having seen him in September, and having made a public statement, she should consult with an attorney, at a minimum.

Even if she is absolutely true and honest and knows nothing, an attorney can help sort that out with LE/any prosecution so tgat she does not wind up being dragged into something she may have no actual role in.

Being innocent is great; being innocent and not being charged with anything is even better.
CL absolutely needs an attorney, IMO. Not only has the family attorney deliberately thrown her under the bus, social media is now giving the stink-eye and digging into CL's husband's family and accusing them of helping BL escape to South America. This situation is too high profile and too explosive not to have some kind of guidance/representation to protect her own family being dragged further into this. CL already made the mistake of talking to reporters seemingly without any guidance, which has already bitten her in the behind once. And hard.

JMO

Of course, we are all responsible for our choices. Parents are there to mold, guide, and protect. That is not always pleasant nor easy. The parental role changes to meet the child's needs. The process is not 100% successful.

I don't see Gabby as weak as others may. She was young but to old enough to make her own choices.

None of us is perfect or has perfect parents. We don't have perfect relationships.

I don't have knowledge of what Gabby's and Brian's relationship was like. She did seem to have friends that did not report abuse.

I don’t see her as weak either, I see her in a very common situation of many who have invested a great deal of time, years, in a relationship that is not good for either of them, they know it and yet they stay. Both women and men can have strong personalities, successful careers, etc but when it comes to love they are a mess, can’t seem to break out of that toxic relationship.

I’ve been thinking a LOT over the past 50 threads (have been following this story since 9/12) and I have some theories with regards to what happened to Gabby as well as Brian’s whereabouts. The following is all SPECULATION based on the information we have so far:

What Happened to Gabby
We know her manner of death is homicide, but cause and mechanism have not yet been released. With the information we have, my educated guess is that the cause of death will most likely determine to be blunt force trauma. The other possibilities include strangulation or GSW, in that order respective to likeliness.

I am inclined to think this was NOT premeditated but that would change my opinion if toxicology comes back with evidence she had any drugs in her system (not taken willingly).

Brian’s Whereabouts
LE has information we do not and there must be a reason they focused so much manpower at Carlton a reserve for so long, but based on the family’s silence and odd behavior, my gut is telling me BL is out there making his way far from Florida.

Personally, I think he has financial means to make it for a while. I believe he is capable outdoors and nothing leads me to believe he is starving or inept at taking care of himself. If he is alive, he’s out of the area and keeping off of the grid as much as he can.

If I were LE, I’d be keeping a map of all possible sightings, however small or unlikely they may be.

Might go over the timeline and maps again to solidify any other points I may have but didn’t include.

MOO

I like your interesting take on this. Where does the camping trip to DeSoto fit into your timeline?

MOO It was a complete innocent event as far as his family knew. They were already planning a trip that they canceled when they learned he was coming home and rescheduled a week later. Obviously BL knew but he was keeping that to himself. I seem to be one of the few people that don't see any importance in the DeSoto camping trip other than an opportunity for BL to get rid of evidence. There was no need to set up an elaborate escape scenario. At that time there was no one looking for him. And concerning evidence, how many major rivers did he cross on the way home? He could have tossed everything she owned over the side of the bridge to never be seen again, not to anyone who would ever know the importance of it.

MOO, they knew before he came home. Petito family calls were going unanswered. MOO
Petito family calls were unanswered prior to Sept 1?
What is confusing to me is if they knew before he got home, why didn't they tell him to ditch the van out west and fly home? I keep coming back to this. It just doesn't make sense to me when driving her van home and arriving home with her van, but without her, was literally the most suspicious looking thing for him to do. The Petito family wouldn't have even known he was back if her van wasn't parked in the driveway. He could have left it anywhere and made up any story about her running off that he wanted.

Snipped:
I know we are supposed to be careful discussing mental health here. But it seems some posts are veering into assuming BL has a major mental disorder requiring medication and further, that it's something he's had for many years. That could be true but we don't really have any evidence of that from WS-approved sources do we? I don't mind speculating as long as the mods don't mind, but I think we need to remember it is speculation.

So far as I know, GP's friend Rose Davis is the only one to say anything about BL's mental state. And she said GP said he had "episodes."

"He's got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these "episodes," where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn't sleep.”

BBM
See Brian’s statement to the Officer below. It appears, per Brian, he had seen a doctor who did prescribe him medication. There’s also a possibility Brian wasn’t as truthful about his true mental status to the officer or perhaps he held back some critical information. Perhaps him taking medication would have made a difference. I wonder if he actually was taking meds and stopped them on his own without being properly weaned off them or if he perhaps just refused to take them from the get go. Anyway, there’s this:

Transcript from 1st Bodycam Moab Stop

Brian Laundrie:
My doctor told me I had anxiety, he prescribed me medication [inaudible] I believed that if I took the medication I might put myself off balance and be more anxious. That’s probably just a part of my anxiety.

My feeling is once BL is arrested, this attorney will go away and they will have to hire someone else; or if no funds are there he will get a public defender. But the family will likely need criminal defense attorneys also...

MOO (personal opinion here), this guy is in way over his head and has some diarrhea of the mouth (via texts to reporters) that could really hurt his clients by all these texts. This MOO. He's got to be a close family friend. The representation has gone south IMO. In the beginning I presumed it was strategic - stay silent and when they can't find her they will come to you with a deal and plead you out. But that seems like it was years ago. This is no joke. And I cannot for the life of me understand why this is still going on. Maybe he'll shock us. Maybe he will disclose some incredible strategic plan. But, right now, this looks like a train wreck. UNLESS his strategic plan was to mess up so badly that he provides an ineffective assistance of counsel claim. I just don't know. I just don't get it. MOO. IMO.

Who knows? Maybe they are a family that's all up in everyone's business. The attorney confirmed that he went to her house when he first got back to FL.
But she said in her original interview that she hadn't talked to him since that day. Doesn't that mean that she talked to him that day? I thought the suspicion was due to the camping trip, not the info we already knew. Still doesn't suggest that he told her he killed his gf.

I would think that men who look like BL (of whom there are many) may just be carrying about their lives, not necessarily having fun at anyone’s expense. For much of the country (aside from those of us analyzing his every ear contour), he looks fairly non-descript. I don’t think we can assign ill-intent to everyone who looks like him. We don’t know what part of the story is true or not true. JMO.

There is one outstanding feature to me and it's his nose. For a 24 year old his is very large, very distinct. It hooks down at the end, but it's very prominent.

If this witness saw BL from a side view and remembered that nose, plus the elf ears those are distinct. So for him to go and look at his phone and pictures of BL and know it was him, I believe him. Also it was smart of him to call Dog and get the voice of BL, only confirming in this man's mind that he did indeed see BL out at 12:30 am just driving around.

Someone on this thread mentioned a scenario wherein BL could be shot by a vigilante or vigilantes. I just saw this tweet from a verified account so I'm hoping it is allowed. The person is a Tennessee state representative.

His words:

"This Laundrie dude has been spotted in Cocke county. Someone should have told him that this is the wrong place in TN to hide. My people will shoot thugs like this dead."

https://twitter.com/JeremyFaison4TN/status/1444755325815513092

Good grief. This guy needs to zip it.

MOO It was a complete innocent event as far as his family knew. They were already planning a trip that they canceled when they learned he was coming home and rescheduled a week later. Obviously BL knew but he was keeping that to himself. I seem to be one of the few people that don't see any importance in the DeSoto camping trip other than an opportunity for BL to get rid of evidence. There was no need to set up an elaborate escape scenario. At that time there was no one looking for him. And concerning evidence, how many major rivers did he cross on the way home? He could have tossed everything she owned over the side of the bridge to never be seen again, not to anyone who would ever know the importance of it.

I agree with most of what you say. I initially dismissed Dog’s choice of DeSoto as his hunting grounds for BL pretty much for that reason. Of course, there would be all of the sign Dog’s team members have found. It’s a campground and people do all of those activities, and, the Laundries attorney has confirmed BL was there. So, yes, one can find signs he was there because he was.

However, that it is a recent place of visit for BL, he had several days to look it over and have a good idea on how it was laid out. If he isn’t in Carlton Reserve or hidden in friend/family digs, or truly on the lam anywhere, DeSoto meets a lot of criteria for a place to hide out. It isn’t as punishing as Carlton, he knows it well, and he could probably get there by foot from Carlton in several days. That there are campers there make it easier to scavenge food.
But the Dog hunt has not come up with anything pointing to BL currently there. Don’t know how difficult it would be to hide in there if experienced hunters are looking for you. Carlton, is a much trickier to track a person hiding in there.

It's very interesting she would say that. I definitely would not expect her mother to downplay that incident.

I think I know why, though. And it's what I just spent all day ruminating on.

IMO, this was a relationship with "ordinary" moments of skirmish. Although we all know it's never okay to slam doors or punch our partner on the arm or smoosh someone's face, it is also true that a huge percentage of people have experienced this. We can all say "leave" or that such behavior "predicts" what's about to happen, but in real life, only a tiny percentage of intimate partners escalate from that kind of behavior to...murder. Some people actually manage to grow up and stop doing it.

I think Gabby's mom knows that there are other, more important factors in trying to understand what happened.

No one can answer this for me- Why would BL risk involving the sister? I can't think of a single logical reason to take that risk. She has kids. And if she was involved, why wouldn't she also have legal representation?
Because at the point of them helping, he wasn’t actually “wanted”. So maybe they told her some BS excuse as to what was going on. Or maybe they told her they would come back for Brian.

Unsolved murders and Petito case leave dark cloud over Moab - TownLift, Park City News
Associated Press - 52 min ago

“She had a lot of anxiety about being away from him,” Hulls told the Deseret News in an exclusive interview. “Because they were both compliant and apologetic and gave us stories that matched, we didn’t feel like either of them were trying to pull the wool over our eyes or be deceiving in any way. It made more sense to separate them for the night.”

The two were back on the road in days. Weeks later, Petito was reported missing.

There are some people here on WS who think BL might still be inside his parents' house. That's how crazy this case is. <modsnip>, because if the FBI can't get to him inside that house (so far), and is behaving as if he isn't there, it's unlikely the randos with bullhorns and shouting are going to get the family to cooperate with LE.

I do think people like showing up in videos on Twitter, though. A lot. I used to follow a lot of celebrity trials and was amazed to show up for 1-2 days of trial watching or trial crowd watching if I couldn't get in, and see the same people - even if it was in a different state. I was taking notes (this was before cell phones) and had a little digital camera. I came up with names for these characters, so I could note how many times I saw them. Some of them just wouldn't quit and I'd see them on TV in other states, at another celebrity trial.

Crime groupies are a thing. There is crime tourism, for example.
I was amused by that post that you were referring to. And I did click like because it made me lol just envisioning that very thing. The odds of that happening are probably less than 1% if at all. JMHO clicking like doesn’t necessarily mean one is in total agreement with a given post but rather it is a way of saying thank you to the person for stating something that has struck a chord in some fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay