Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent the past 4 days in eastern Kentucky where I grew up visiting with my mother in a relatively densely populated area and also at my late father’s place in a remote area.

my mother (ca. 75 yo, active in the community, super intelligent, etc.) had not heard of this case. At. All. I was shocked. (But I quickly filled her in)

The few folks I ran into near my dad’s place were equally uninformed. No one knew what I was talking about.

These places are not close to the AT…but…they are…off the beaten path…for lack of a better term.

just putting this out there bc it feels to me like all of America and the whole world knows about this case but, that’s actually not true.

BL could get to a small community in almost any state and go unnoticed and that’s scary.

jmo.:(
I completely agree. There are a lot of people who know nothing of this case, or plenty who only vaguely knows of it. I'm 20 minutes outside of San Francisco, and last week almost none of my co-workers were familiar with the story. A few had heard of it, but had no details. I think sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that on here.

QUESTION:
For anyone who follows the "van life" uploads.
Anything similar as well. Is it common for animals, mainly dogs, to accompany people/couples/groups who have this lifestyle?
I see homeless men at the highway exits with dogs asking for food/$.
I have always wondered is it for company or to pull on people's heartstrings.
Gabby just seemed like she'd have a dog on the trek, if she could.
I am firm believer in a dog's ability to judge someone.
I also firmly believe that BL would never allow her to have one.
It would take time and attention away from him.
MOO

Also: I could see where having a pet in tow could really slow you down and complicate matters in the road- so that's wh
QUESTION:
For anyone who follows the "van life" uploads.
Anything similar as well. Is it common for animals, mainly dogs, to accompany people/couples/groups who have this lifestyle?
I see homeless men at the highway exits with dogs asking for food/$.
I have always wondered is it for company or to pull on people's heartstrings.
Gabby just seemed like she'd have a dog on the trek, if she could.
I am firm believer in a dog's ability to judge someone.
I also firmly believe that BL would never allow her to have one.
It would take time and attention away from him.
MOO

Also: I could see where having a pet in tow could really slow you down and complicate matters in the road- so that's why I asked.

IMO it depends what type of lifestyle you’re referring to, because you seem to be lumping together several very different lifestyles here. Vandwellers and vanlife enthusiasts aren’t homeless, nor are they “groups” (gypsies?), nor do they sit at highway exits asking for food/$.
Think of them as full-time RVers, just in a smaller “RV”. And yes, many RVers & vandwellers & vanlife enthusiasts travel with dogs or other pets. But if someone is traveling on foot, for example a truly homeless person, or an AT hiker, then a dog would definitely slow them down & be difficult to care for, so probably few of these types of people would have dogs along. Homelessness is a completely different thing than “Vanlife” (trendy young people, outdoors enthusiasts, rock climbers etc.), which is again different from being a “Vandweller”. Vandwellers (also called nomads) are generally of the boomer generation or older, like to travel full time or part time but can’t afford a huge RV — the recent Oscar-winning movie “Nomadland” portrays them. At the RTR a few years ago i met Bob Wells of Cheap RV Living & Nomadland. He’s like the patron saint of vandwellers/nomads. And yes, he and many other vanners do have canine or feline companions. Dogs are great companions & add a lot to a nomad’s sense of security. I wish Gabby had taken a dog along for company instead of Brian.

My answer about the flights was referring to BL’s possible trip back to FL in August when they were still on their trip. I doubt he would have flown since his return to FL on September 1st. I’m sure LE has checked with the airlines for any flights he made in August. I’m still uncertain of that story especially since we haven’t seen any proof of such a trip.

I wonder why the FBI would have reason to check about the August flights? Gabby was not murdered until later in August. And she was seen alive, by others, after those flights.

Weren't they supposed to try to get together for Rose's birthday on the 29th? They weren't supposed to be back in FL then.

On the friend’s birthday, Aug. 29, Petito failed to phone and make concrete plans. The friend said, “She was supposed to call on my birthday and we were going to figure it all out then because her trip wasn’t on schedule. The whole thing is odd. My birthday is the 29th. I don’t know why she’d send that text [to her mom] and not message me.” On Aug. 30, Petito’s mother received a text from Petito’s number about not having cell service in Yosemite, 800 miles away. Friend Says Gabby Petito Missed Meeting in Yellowstone: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela