Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theoretically details like this would be what they would possibly withhold to use to counter whatever his defense may be...

LE can verify trip easily through flight manifests. Doubt this would have anything to do with Gabby’s death about a week later. They were seen together after this trip; that’s been verified.

You are so right................so NO ONE has reported seeing all the moving activity of dad and son in mid to late August. I like my moving scenario, but I think that you are correct in thinking it never happened. GP's mom , I believe, said in an interview, that they are not commenting on the storage story....so maybe FBI is hep to what really transpired and doesn't want that information to be public. jmo
Second post ever so IMO the trip of BL flying back home seems sketch bc GP seemed so anxious in Moab to spend one night apart from him and it’s hard to wrap my head around being alone almost an entire week without mentioning to her family or a friend that she was alone. IMO the relationship seemed so codependent and the whole “we’re a team” just doesn’t jibe with that scenario/story. This is such a sad and unnecessary loss.

MOO; The trip back to FL and then return to GP nothing significant. Curiosity, but not important.

MOO: what’s vital is what happened to Gabby and is there any evidence that directly implicates BL. A lot of circumstantial evidences. The simplest solution to this, which usually turns out to be what happened , is that they got into a fight and BL lost control. Then panicked and high tailed it out of there.
MOO: simplest answer to where is BL is that he is dead in Carlton Reserve. LE may not find him.
Horrible tragedy and waste of two young lives, and so much pain for the families.

A lot here were my first impressions, however, then you start to see this hear that. I can believe he is dead in Carlton Reserve and his body is going to be practically impossible to find, but I would like to see more evidence he really went there. He had so much time he could have told his parents that and then just hitched or walked somewhere else.

We're not even sure it was HER card he's accused of using AFAIK.
Wasn't the card her parent's card? for her I thought that's how they found the charge?

so much data and versions, its hard to keep track
The missing person police report made by Gabby’s mother shows on the bottom left of the page that Gaby has 2 Capital One cards.
1 debit 1 credit

Everybody is happy on their SM. They don't post the unhappy parts out loud on there. SM is a facade and a fantasy. More than one person/couple/family I know on SM is a complete trainwreck, but everything is perfect in their little SM world.

The public persona that masks reality. Sometimes it just needs to be said. Thanks, @CharlestonGal.

If she supposedly went to stay with her friend Rose whenever her and Brian were fighting then I wonder why she wouldn't go stay with her when he allegedly went back to FL instead of staying at a hotel?

I thought Rose was closer to whatever park they were heading to next is it may have been too much driving back and forth especially with they already added expenses they seemed to be incurring.

Pretty sure Rose said Gabby was supposed to call when they were there and nearby but never did.

but that adds this question did Gabby talk to Rose while she was alone those 4-5 days and what did they talk about? I would suspect the FBI knows

Last edited:
I thought Rose was closer to whatever park they were heading to next is it may have been too much driving back and forth especially with they already added expenses they seemed to be incurring.

Well the expense of the gas, sure but a couple of nights in the hotel would have been way more, no?

Someone was just posting with some specific location /timeline info on a theory I was just running by my family. I can’t find it now. I am wondering if we can’t hypothesize on what happened?

I’ll make it more generalized.

What if GP apologizing for BLs bad behavior was a trigger for him?
8/12 What if GP apologized to a young woman working in a shop and that angered him and he slapped GP?
8/12 an argument ensues and they are pulled over.
8/13 BL wakes from his police directed hotel and spends the day in town. He hits a bar later and runs into the young woman from the shop. Maybe she just recognized him from slapping his GF outside the shop snd says something to him? Maybe he hears her talking to her wife about their own camping trip. Maybe he takes his anger out on them.
Maybe he returns to GP and she kicks him to the curb
8/17 BL flies to Florida and tells his family it is over and he moves GPs belongings.
8/23 the couple reunite for another try.
8/27 GP apologizes for BL at a restaurant in Jackson Hole. BL snaps.

I do not believe in coincidences. As the other poster was saying. There are one to many coincidences here. Moo

sorry/writing this fast, without flair. You get my drift.
This is as sound of theory as any of the others IMO.
Could also explain the supposed trip to FL from 17-23.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I thought there was evidence of BL leaving Jackson on the 29th? Getting gas? Am i forgetting something?

By the way...how long does it take to drive from Wyoming to Florida? This might help with a timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he flew, he needed ID and unless he has fakes or someone else’s, LE has most certainly checked all US flight manifests for him.
My answer about the flights was referring to BL’s possible trip back to FL in August when they were still on their trip. I doubt he would have flown since his return to FL on September 1st. I’m sure LE has checked with the airlines for any flights he made in August. I’m still uncertain of that story especially since we haven’t seen any proof of such a trip.

That is called denial and hope. She could not continue the van life journey on her own. If she could, she would not have been holed up in a hotel in SLC hoping and waiting for BL to come back. She would have continued her van life journey on her own. But she couldn't. Not by herself. She needed somebody. She was hoping BL would come back and didn't make a move until he did. That's why her SM went quiet. She was waiting for BL to come back so she could venture forth. Yes, we cut people out when we are done. But Gabby was not done. Not done with her dreams of van life and not done with her dreams of BL doing it with her.

She was *hoping* this latest blow-up would blow over. BL would come back. The project could continue. No way would she publicly cut him out or disparage him openly on SM. She still thought she had a dream that could come true.
If only Gabby could have found someone else to continue the trip with, maybe a friend or her brother or someone else. After what BL seems to have put her through; I for one doubt that she would have had the forethought to dump him and move on, at least at that point. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member