Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have good enough evidence for the credit card charges, that's why the grand jury returned an indictment.

If they have good evidence to link BL to Gabby's death, the grand jury would have indicted him and there would be an arrest warrant of that charge. LE doesn't play games with serious crimes. And grand juries are just normal people. If they did not issue an indictment, it is because the evidence was too weak, or so weak that prosecutors did not yet put it before the grand jury (most likely). They may be hoping BL is found and incriminates himself or has some physical evidence on his person. I wouldn't assume they have tons of evidence on anything until they take action that reflects that, like indicting, charging, getting an arrest warrant. moo
He might be indicted already - under seal. MOO Otherwise, as discussed last night it is way too risky IMO to indict him when they don't know where he is.

Maybe this idea has already been posted, I haven’t read through all the threads…
If I had a grown son with no job and a girlfriend living in my house, who liked camping, didn’t like shoes, and had emotional issues, I would immediately hide him inside my house. I would do that if my only focus was my dumdum son and not what anyone else is experiencing because of his actions.
I would make sure I could hide him quickly if LE showed up at any time, and preferably in his own room with all his smells already there if they brought search dogs.
In BL’s room there is a support column covered in Sheetrock, with a wood frame and hollow inside. It has plenty of room for him to stand inside of it for however long LE might be there, and easy to exit when they leave.
No new painting would be required if done carefully with a Sheetrock knife. I would take one hinge off of two doors in the house, use scrap leftover wood from the van project, and a wire to pull the hinged Sheetrock panel shut. The same could go for his built-in book cases, or the drop down in the ceiling for the air duct. There are lots of options in that house.
I would create diversions like leaving his car at a park long enough to get an abandoned vehicle sticker, and have him appear outside in the neighborhood so the neighbors can watch him leave. I might even charge a phone completely, leave it on, put it in a waterproof pouch and toss it in the swamp where his car is parked. I would make sure several people saw him leave the house and not come back. He would be back though, and I would have him climb out of the camper in the middle of the night, slide under the slightly opened garage door and walk into the house and stay there.
I would not risk my dumdum son getting shot by LE or by a crazy “vigilante”, or dying of hunger alone. I would lawyer up before he even got home and plan to point in every direction except my house. My possible theory is that he is hiding inside the house. It might be a stretch, but it seems more likely than dumdum, who can’t survive without mom and dad, being able to evade the general public and LE for a month.
I've always thought he's hiding in the house. :D

Jmo.

We need to be reminded that the hour long 2 videos we saw of them is essentially only 1 hour of their life. Her own mother said it was just a normal argument. Fighting was normal in their relationship they were on and off for 7 years. Just putting it out there as a reminder.

Yes, but in this case it's a red herring.

ha ha! Interesting, something I would have never thought of. But it immediately reminded me of time we went for a drive with my father and grandmother, and he said we were in Florida. I was pre-teen but I remember thinking that was fast, but no.

There's a Florida, New York and that's where we were.

*M'Naghten :)

Federal courts have a standard that is more or less M'Naghten. It means that the defense must show by clear and convincing evidence that the person, at the time of taking the action, either didn't know what they were doing or didn't know that what they were doing was wrong at the time of doing it.

Insanity defense
Above includes this wrt Federal approach:

"The federal insanity defense now requires the defendant to prove, by "clear and convincing evidence," that "at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendant, as a result of a severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature and quality or the wrongfulness of his acts" (18 U.S.C. § 17). This is generally viewed as a return to the "knowing right from wrong" standard. The Act also contained the Insanity Defense Reform Act of 1984, 18 U.S.C. § 4241, which sets out sentencing and other provisions for dealing with offenders who are or have been suffering from a mental disease or defect."
Wouldn't his disappearing act that he is pulling right now be considered consciousness of guilt?

We need to be reminded that the hour long 2 videos we saw of them is essentially only 1 hour of their life. Her own mother said it was just a normal argument. Fighting was normal in their relationship they were on and off for 7 years. Just putting it out there as a reminder.
There was absolutely nothing about that this is "normal". Typical for them, probably, but not normal. People stay in those toxic relationships for many reasons. Living like that does not make it ok. Imo

That's seven years of extreme stress. Not sure how Gabby could take it w/o walking away. :(

In the Fox article it was stated:

One man who informed Fox News of a since-debunked potential Brian Laundrie sighting in New Jersey last month said "it was like pulling teeth to get law enforcement to act on the [sighting]," and that some officials were "rude" on the phone.

Hiker claims he saw Brian Laundrie near Appalachian Trail

Leads me to believe there have been a lot of tips and potential sightings to sift through. It can be a good thing, means people are keeping any eye open. But it can be overwhelming to try to respond to every potential sighting.

FWIW someone said Dog's daughter was in fact encouraging people to send them any lead, no matter how slim or unlikely... I mean, better them than me, and not saying that LE should necessarily follow this loose a standard; but at least someone out there wants the information, and it should be fairly easy for the information-havers to get someone to pay attention to them.

I may be in the minority here but IMO everything about the “protestors” at the Laundrie house seems exaggerated. When I looked, there’s 3 people. Honestly, for how the parents have publicly acted, I’m surprised there’s not 50 people standing there. If the neighbors have an issue, it’s certainly their right to contact the police about the disturbance. Idk, maybe because of living in cities, I don’t really notice a lot sounds… there’s ambulances, honking, yelling… it’s just the sounds of life to me.

I just don’t see how we have any idea about what Gabby would feel about a few people yelling at the family of people who have been of no help in finding justice on her behalf. I understand that the media being camped out there is the reason we’re discussing it, but I don’t really see the point in discussing this on Gabby’s thread. And I don’t mean that rudely at all, I just literally don’t know what the point is and maybe someone can fill me in?

All JMO.

IMO, and not sure whose news reporter Twitter feed has partial intel, but it seems pretty obvious to me, as a denizen of New York City who's spent lots of time researching how to cheaply citizen-soundproof one's apartment, etc., that it is the neighbors who are in fact the ones who brought the complaint; and I also have a suspicion that it's against LE policy to tell protesters or any other strangers on the street, just who made the complaint.

I do know one of the FL news anchors said over the last couple of days or so, that one of the neighbors is undergoing chemotherapy and another one has an infant.

As the Laundries clearly have nerve endings dipped in metaphorical cement, IMO; it's not them making the complaints. People with varying amounts of information vs. ignorance about the situation are de facto assuming here, there, and everywhere that the Laundries are the ones making the noise complaints; I think they're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member