Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think that’s him in the video. If you watch the way he sits on the truck near the girl sitting down and when he sat down on the curb, in the sept 911 body cam video, he approached sitting much differently. Hands in the pockets he never does in any of his pictures with GP as they are always clasped out front or dangling at his side. And no I don’t believe he does that to hide tattoos.

I am not trying to bash you on your scenario, but just to make sure, there is not a report of BL or his parents throwing away anything of Gabby's correct?

Just a view of boxes in the garage that, in your opinion, were thrown away correct?

We might very well find that your opinion is validated to be true. I just am trying to ensure what is a known fact now,
That was not what I said! I was replying to the post that said that.
I said I saw boxes in the garage that I thought were hers. No where did I say, I thought hers were destroyed.

I have to agree with the OP. My understanding is that a call to NP Police for a "public service" (wellness check) was made and NP Police went to the home to see if Gabby was there. I immediately thought, how can they turn them away when there's probable cause to search and verify the wellness of Gabby. I also don't think they needed any warrant to do so. Especially with the van right there and they should have ran the plates and they would have come back as Gabby's = probable cause. Seriously, they could have had her in there tied up and the police don't check the house?
But, they could have said she's not here. Here's our attorney's name and number. MOO

It is so refreshing to see another department actually speaking up about this because now we can. I was trying hard to follow rules when speaking about North Port PD but now I can finally say that it really looks like they seriously messed up. I don't think they ever even confirmed he was there. I don't think they ever laid eyes on him. MOO.

Police admit they didn’t see Brian Laundrie when they seized van from family home

This article says that Josh Taylor, police spokesman, said they didn't see BL September 11th when they went to get the van. We have seen video footage where Taylor says they "saw" but didn't talk to BL; however, Taylor did not give a date as to when that was.

If the entire bodycam video has been made public, and it has, why is the transcribed account full of redacted terms like “anxiety” when we’ve all watched and listened to their actual words? Just curious the point of blacking out certain words if it’s all been publicized anyway.

I am not a law officer and do not know what the charges would be, might be, or could be, or what the sheriff who made the statement even has in mind. But he must have charges in mind or he wouldn't have made the statement.

If I were to speculate, I say stolen vehicle. But I'm not LE, so this is JMO based on the LE officer, Sheriff's Judd's statement.

I have no doubt they would try and hold him, but it wouldn't last long especially if he had proper legal representation. No way they could have held more than a day or so without legitimate charges if that long

and maybe with some personal grudges that fester...

Not sure what made you think to search for this but it's eye opening. There's something very wrong with this guy IMO. I read through half his reviews. Some of these were 2 years ago - so he was 21? To me this is not a sign of an immature 21 year old trying to be funny but rather a loner with no social circle. MOO.

I don't think "missing person" is considered probable cause to search every place they're associated with. The van, yes.

But otherwise, when people are missing, and if police decide to do anything at all, they stop by various places and ask the people who live there if the person is there. If they say "no," that's not probable cause to search the house!

If. that were true, thousands of people would have their homes searched each time there was a missing person's report. And many others places (motels, businesses, etc) as well. Schools.

Being missing is not a crime. It is a human welfare issue.

All police can do is ask politely.

The Laundries hadn't lived there that long, it's even possible that Gabby's van was registered to another address. What police could have done is ask to speak to BL (which apparently they did, and the parents said he wasn't available or not there).

If it was registered to Gabby's mom's address and that's the person who reported her missing, they likely wouldn't go to that house...

That's her place of residence and her van was outside her place of residence. It was a missing person's investigation. They should have been able to check to see if she was in her own residence. They had probable cause to do that because her van was out front. Again, Sheriff Judd would have arrested BL based on this.

‘I would have never let him out of custody’: Sheriff Grady Judd's reaction to search for Brian Laundrie

We haven't heard anything from police as to whether they did check or they didn't. NOR have they given us excuses why they did or didn't. We can think of plenty of excuses, but I won't speculate why they did or didn't. I just know we have not heard that they did at all or why or why not from them.

The theories in between are just that, theories. In the meantime, I defer to Sheriff Judd on it.

Can't abide GR and others saying that BL should kill himself.
This is grossly irresponsible and has the potential for true social harm.
Any person weighing the choice of suicide, who hears such a comment, may make a tragic connection to themselves, thinking others around them may be like GR and be relieved if they go through with it.
Suicidal misery is hard enough to survive without high-profile commenters promoting such a "good riddance" stance. People often kill themselves BECAUSE they feel the world will be better off without them in it. Any voice that echoes and endorses this should be condemned.
I know, I have been in that suicidal mindset many times myself. Thankfully not anymore.
I personally don't wish death on BL. I wish for reasoned, unbiased, and appropriate punishment for his acts, as well as those of his family, should criminal guilt be proved.

I am not a law officer and do not know what the charges would be, might be, or could be, or what the sheriff who made the statement even has in mind. But he must have charges in mind or he wouldn't have made the statement.

If I were to speculate, I say stolen vehicle. But I'm not LE, so this is JMO based on the LE officer, Sheriff's Judd's statement.

Me either and I don't think this would have stuck BUT.... yes, I think a smart LE would have hauled him in - even knowing this might be a dead end, even knowing he might be immediately released, even knowing he may not say a word,

because this is your way to lay eyes on him and to validate that he in fact there. Then you put a car or 2 on stakeout 24/7. MOO

I have no doubt they would try and hold him, but it wouldn't last long especially if he had proper legal representation. No way they could have held more than a day or so without legitimate charges if that long

I'm not disputing whether charges would have stuck or not had they found something to hold him with. I don't know what methods a DA would have had to keep him in jail or on a short lease while on bail. I just don't know and it doesn't seem they even tried as Sheriff Judd would have.

Can't abide GR and others saying that BL should kill himself.
This is grossly irresponsible and has the potential for true social harm.
Any person weighing the choice of suicide, who hears such a comment, may make a tragic connection to themselves, thinking others around them may be like GR and be relieved if they go through with it.
Suicidal misery is hard enough to survive without high-profile commenters promoting such a "good riddance" stance. People often kill themselves BECAUSE they feel the world will be better off without them in it. Any voice that echoes and endorses this should be condemned.
I know, I have been in that suicidal mindset many times myself. Thankfully not anymore.
I personally don't wish death on BL. I wish for reasoned, unbiased, and appropriate punishment for his acts, as well as those of his family, should criminal guilt be proved.
Well stated.

I think the edit button does time out, but I am not sure what the timeframe is. I think you are okay.

The entire incident of establishing Gabby being missing is just strange. If Dad only lived three hours or so from there, why wouldn't he personally go check himself? I sure would have. So what are we missing to make this make sense? MOO!!!!
Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

Why would dad have thought Gabby was at the Laundrie home, if he didn't know that BL had arrived there?

Naturally, the parents are thinking at first that both Gabby and BL might be missing. Gabby's mom in particular knew something of their schedule and was thinking by now, they were outside the Black Hole of Yellowstone's "no service." Gabby was in regular contact, but then Mom got the suspicious email (she might even have thought Brian wrote it - but. didn't think a thing about that. at the time).

Gabby's mom doesn't try to report her missing until Sept 10. She doesn't know the van is back at the Laundrie house - who. would immediately jump. to "Brian killed our daughter"?!?

The fact that the Laundries didn't respond to text or message was explained, at least short term, by their camping - it must have been known that the family. had made several camping trips to the same place, might be off grid once in a while. Everyone gets to go off grid once in a while.

Then...it becomes known that the van is at the house.

But you're saying that after Sept 10, you would have personally driven to the Laundrie's house? Why wouldn't you have driven to Wyoming to search in the last known place? That would have been my first thought.

I would not immediately suspect the Laundries and can't wrap my head around the fact that the Laundries turned out to be people who didn't answer texts or phone calls after Sept 1. But Gabby's family didn't know the van had been there that long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18