Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all I can say is that it might make a few of us crazy to know the priorities of tips. “They get to it when they get to it” is a travesty. If public outrage is what’s needed to draw attention to inadequacy we might just see more of that. MOO of course.

I suspect the pin board for BL sightings looks similar to this ...
usa_lights_small.gif

Yes! I was shocked at how long it took to release the latest body cam where she confirms he hit her and grabbed her face. On camera….gobsmacked!
this Moab video, I know 100 percent she described the face incident the very first time i saw it on ABC news story, around september 17th or so. That's what shocked me.. Does anyone else recall seeing it on the traffic stop before this became the national news story it now is?

I absolutely agree that we shouldn't make fun of those who call in tips, however calling a tipline is not public information. DD voluntarily reported this information to the press. If he (or any witness) wants to keep their tip private, all they have to do is not talk to the press or post about it on social media.
I *think* his wife kept posting it on Twitter to dog's crew and some news media hoping someone would listen and that's why it sort of blew up, media wise. I may have this confused, but I'm fairly certain.

Hmmm, I hope the right people are asking the right questions about what was going on with the Moab police stop. It definitely seems odd that a supplemental report was deleted by Offcer Pratt on Sept. 12. It seems as though the two incident reports bear little resemblance, IMO, to what actually occurred on the body cam videos released so far. (I remember thinking the report describing Gabby as manic and hysterical seemed like CYA language, possibly mischaracterizing, and I think we can all agree it was, judging by the actual footage).

It's frightening to think that if we only go by the written reports, a very different picture is painted of the incident. For me, it shows how important body cams are in order to hold the police accountable for their use of authority (and also to protect them when citizen complaints are made).

I do think a deeper investigation into the conduct of the officers is warranted.
IMOO, the supplemental report is the least of his worries. His published official report and his body cam do. not. match. The report is not accurate and his own body cam proves it. He has trouble - but did he do this on his own or was he ordered or told to do it? Either way, I'm betting this isn't the end of this story. IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177