Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NewsNation has obtained a 20 minute video of Brian Laundrie’s sister Cassie discussing what she says she knows — and doesn’t know. We are going through it now and will have it on NewsNation at 9pmET.
@NewsNationNow

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445181722623086594
Yes, a 7-second preview of the larger clip was posted by a TikTok'er yesterday or today. The preview (not an interview with the TT'er, but CL in the background (outside her home) making a comment to someone else) is interesting.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests are not confidential. Once a FOIA request is received, it becomes a public record of the USGS. If the request contains personally identifying information or the request is deemed “sensitive,” we may redact information under FOIA Exemption 6 (personal privacy).

So is this the reason items are redacted?

Seeing the mother, father, and sister--the suspect doesn't appear to hold any resemblance to any of them. Any chance he was adopted? A reason for the seemingly cold disregard for his well being from the family?
I wondered this, too and am trying to find a connection to this theory as well, both foster care system/adoption. Have spent only a few hours on that research, but have, so far, found nothing to support such. My thoughts wondered about this with the multiple mentions of Brian's de-escation technique used by him personally and with Gabby of taking a breather and/or walk to calm down. It is often a helpful coping skill to learn. Reminded me of some of the training for at-risk kids. But so far, no support for that idea. My opinion only!

For those who are concerned that an alligator may have killed LB:
A woman fell into a canal in St. Pete early this AM and was attacked by a huge alligator.
She was lucky.
It let her go and has since been caught and euthanized.

The article has good info and facts about alligators and how to avoid an attack.
Again, gators rarely attack adult men.
They are dangerous and should be given a wide berth should you come across one!

I have a favorite spot to go crabbing for blue crabs but it is full of gators too.
We have to keep an eye on them and try to drive them off when they come in to steal our bait!
Alligator attacks homeless woman in South St. Pete, police say

“Has obtained”? Sounds like nonsense.
Well, Brian Entin has been on this for several days. I think his use of the word obtained is due to the fact that CL spoke with non-MSM types in her yard today. That's the impression I've gotten as I've scrolled through my Tweetdeck column (Laundrie key word).

‘Not Brian Laundrie’: Lookalike goes viral on TikTok as he tries to clear his name

A man who many say looks similar to Brian Laundrie has amassed millions of views on TikTok after sharing several videos in which he says he is not the man wanted in Gabby Petito‘s disappearance and death.

The man, who goes by user name @notbrianlaundrie, first started posting videos earlier this week, wanting to “put rumors to bed” that he is Laundrie.

In one video he asks for advice on what to tell people who think he is BL. The video has gotten 2.2 million views.

In another, which has gotten over 3 million views, he said he was about to travel cross country from a wedding and asked how “not to get attacked or accused of being this guy.”

Brian Laundrie lookalike

If you click on the very first link above, you'll go straight to his TikTok account. If there’s one person you really don’t want to look like it’s BL. If I were in his shoes, the first thing I’d do is get rid of the facial hair, but then of course BL may have done that also. The mask and hat were a good idea.

Not to start an argument, but do you really think that the size of the reward really makes that much difference as far as credible information goes? "Advertising" goes a lot further, we have very short attention spans for things outside of our sphere as a society. I'd like to think that the majority of people would call 911 if they saw Brian Laundrie and was sure it was him regardless of reward amount.

That is a fair question.

Yes, I do believe that money motivates people.

Truly I think what’s interesting is that this police department (Moab) even released the body cam footage. I have not looked up the law in Utah but I think I’ve mentioned before how many roadblocks have come up in trying to obtain FOIA’s including bodycam footage in the Jason Landry case. Every single time something is requested the agencies withhold it. They cite current criminal investigation as the cause. Personally I think it’s lucky we even have the bodycam footage. Again I’m saying that without reviewing the laws in Utah.

The FBI is only talking to this guy because he made some noise, not because there is something to the tip. This guy got ticked off because he thinks he is so important the FBI should have called him back, pronto.

That's not how tip-lines work. It's not a "conversation". You call. You leave a tip with some desk jockey. End of story. They don't call every tipster back with a blow-by-blow of their investigation of the tip. But that is exactly what this guy expected. That the FBI would personally have an agent call all 5,000 people who called in tips.

I've only had a tip-line call me back once. And that was for clarification of an exact address. They don't call you back. They don't even ask for your contact information half the time. They log your tip. Flag it for follow-up. And they get to it when they get to it, depending on priority.

The fact that this guy expected a personal follow-up call from an FBI agent is absurd.
Jurisprudence ~ yes! Even if they didn't haul him in couldn't they at least have done a stakeout? Or does that have to be met by some legal requirements, too?
THIS!!! Thank you!

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests are not confidential. Once a FOIA request is received, it becomes a public record of the USGS. If the request contains personally identifying information or the request is deemed “sensitive,” we may redact information under FOIA Exemption 6 (personal privacy).

So is this the reason items are redacted?

Yes. There are multiple exemptions under FOIA that require agencies to redact personal information, medical information etc. when the request comes from a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734