Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to lighten up on Cassie. She’s been put in the middle of this because her brother is a coward and her parents are covering for him. She’s got a mob on her lawn and an idiot attorney (who does NOT represent her) making statements about her. Whether she or her children asked about Gabby, and what they were told in response, could be something the FBI does not want her talking about. I get the feeling she was closer to Gabby than she is to her brother.

I totally agree @nyvictoria. I bet she was close to Gaby and her kids loved Aunt Gabby. I wish CL had a lawyer so she had advice. CL is by far the bravest one in the Laundrie family.

I think we need to lighten up on Cassie. She’s been put in the middle of this because her brother is a coward and her parents are covering for him. She’s got a mob on her lawn and an idiot attorney (who does NOT represent her) making statements about her. Whether she or her children asked about Gabby, and what they were told in response, could be something the FBI does not want her talking about. I get the feeling she was closer to Gabby than she is to her brother.
Completely agree with this. If she had anything to hide, why would she go outside, unprotected by lawyers and just talk? Though, granted, she didn't answer a few questions because she was aware of the FBI investigation. The questions regarding what they talked about at the camp site etc. She's not going to give that info if it's pertinent to the investigation of Brian and the parents.

Jeez. Imagine that your parents aren't even there? Cassie must feel like she has no family except for her immediate right now. MOO. That's if she's telling us the truth / spec

Edited for spelling. Darn I'm I writer and I should PF my own work!

Your son, Brian ... your only son, recently returned home to you, after some ghastly business in Wyoming, where he had to kill his partner, and steal her van and her bankcard, and you and Dad and Brian instantly go camping again, which, no one actually remembers, because you meet up with Sis, who, co incidentally forgets this happened as well , and then, by god you go to give Brian his dinner plate of twinkies and he is m.i.s.s.i.n.g...

All this time you've had to put your phone on no answer mode, because the ex girlfriends parents are ringing, ringing, trying to find their daughter, last seen alive some weeks ago, ...

And you don't remember the moment your son went missing. Not the hour, not the day. .......

One reason is to weed out the crazies. Another might be that the COD might have been a mixture of suffocation and ligature or throttling. The original plan was for Gabby's corpse to be cremated. If BL is winkled out and then the case goes down a legal rabbit hole of his fingers don't fit the marks etc etc... you'd want to be damn sure you could get access to the body in a morgue. For instance what if she died via suffocation but there are no fibres in her airways that can be traced to BL or to material in the van ?
Thank you for explaining. I have always thought that he strangled her. However, the more we learned about him my opinion changed to both strangulation and beating/kicking death. He had a lot of pent up anger imo.
Jmo

I know this dynamic. Brian is the "golden child." I bet he was an adorable baby and a sweet kid and just loved his mommy and daddy. He gets a girlfriend and they like her, but she is exposing parts of Brian they don't like to acknowledge - but this is almost on a subconscious level. I think his persona around his parents is totally different. I bet he came home the first time and their innocent boy cried his eyes out that Gabby left him. The Gabby that was always a little emotional and a bit much! Sometimes made their son pretty frustrated. When he came back again he probably said he doesn't know where she is....I don't think he admitted anything... but he probably said something about being worried she committed suicide and he is so scared it's going to look bad for him. They are devastated he has been caught up in this terrible situation. His parents believe him and are going to defend him no matter what. Maybe in the back of their minds they consider a different scenario, but they have created a storyline they can live with. No matter what, it was HER and the abnormal situation with van life. Their precious, outdoor loving, barefoot, organic son does not deserve life in federal prison.

Has anyone seen the pics of Brian from Fort DeSoto on Sept 6th? Take a look at his wrist... notice anything new?

41ee182cfb7845199614575885e14a07_md.jpg

screen cap ABC video @1.44: Brian Laundrie's sister urges him to 'come forward' amid nationwide search

Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-1.27.32-PM.png

Login • Instagram

Does that look like abrasions, bruising and swelling in the elbow area?

Your son, Brian ... your only son, recently returned home to you, after some ghastly business in Wyoming, where he had to kill his partner, and steal her van and her bankcard, and you and Dad and Brian instantly go camping again, which, no one actually remembers, because you meet up with Sis, who, co incidentally forgets this happened as well , and then, by god you go to give Brian his dinner plate of twinkies and he is m.i.s.s.i.n.g...

All this time you've had to put your phone on no answer mode, because the ex girlfriends parents are ringing, ringing, trying to find their daughter, last seen alive some weeks ago, ...

And you don't remember the moment your son went missing. Not the hour, not the day. .......
And not only that, you're so busy dodging those pesky phone calls, you forget to report him missing for a full work week. Imo

I had the same question… unless the parents told them something like, “We think they’re having issues and Brian is trying to hold it together, so best not bring her up.”

Agreed. I don't quite understand how people have come to the conclusion that there are zero reasons for why Cassie and kids wouldn't ask; not least of which being, for all we know, it's so much a Laundrie family dynamic that the (grand)kids are used to it.

Are they old enough to understand tact/hurting people's feelings/etc., etc.? Then (IMO), they are old enough to understand that they shouldn't talk about Gabby to Brian.

Kids can hold their tongue pretty well if they feel intimidated. I very much come from one of those "keep secrets" families myself. (Certainly no secrets as bold and bald as these ones; but I was raised by 1950's kids and, as some of you will remember, one of those things that simply didn't get brought up, for one, was "divorce". I have cousins whose father I didn't know was not their bio father, until well into my teens; and my mother, at minimum, was not against snapping at me if I broached these issues, even in complete innocence.)

So, if CL et al. have all learned/continued to work on the principle that there are some things You Just Don't Talk About, and you get shamed for asking family questions; then you learn not to ask, but instead maintain watchful silence.

Would it surprise me if Brian, Cassie, and the nephews/grandkids are, in general, used to the dynamics of a house of secrets? It would not.

Yes!! I also get the impression she was closer to Gabby than Brian.

If she's been witness to altercations between the two of them in the past, and has maybe taken Gabby's side, or tried to reason with BL/her parents then I can see why they (SB/RL/CL) would now try and throw her under the bus.

Could this be why her parents have cut her off and shut her out? Because she liked Gabby so they see that she can't be in the "circle of trust"!?

JMO

JMO, It is because of this, I fear BL could easily wind up doing this again. He is going to need to rely on someone else to live with any semblance of future normalcy.

Not gonna lie watching the Virginia video if that was really him, creeped me a little,whoever he was talking to was slender and blonde.

Last edited:
Does everyone believe that is the reason, not some hideous, unusual COD? It is already so horrific, how could it be worse than the causes of death we have already discussed? This is so very depressing. This entire case has been. Jmo

Yes, I thought I was such a weird morbid person with my thinking!! Because today, i thought about this and how my assumptions about GP's death have all been very common; gunshot, beating, asphyxiation. Then i thought, maybe, there could be unusual things like using the van to run her over, her jumping out of the van during a fight, and hitting her head, suffocation, BL pushing GP off something and moving her. And i say again, is my thinking crazy? MOO

I saved a screenshot of a tweet from Steven Bertolino answering the question of when he last spoke to BL. His answer was, "Monday, 9/13"
I can post the screenshot but am hesitant as I don't remember the site of origin.
Also, I think he mixed up the amount of time between when the mustang was parked and when the parents went back for it. Didn't he first say Brian went there on Tuesday the 14th, and the parents picked it up on Thursday? Then changed it to Friday? Or maybe the other way around?

Hopefully someone will be able to find that as well as the day he spoke to Brian on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper