Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smiling not a problem in the world
This confuses me. It seems people think that you can't smile or be happy after something horrible happens. You can smile. You can be happy for periods of time. And still be ripped apart inside. I laughed and joked choosing an urn for my husband. The funeral director must have thought I was insane. I guess I kinda was. Then I went home and fell apart in private.

It's entirely possible that what happened in Moab was nothing more than what it seemed and what the police reported. They argued, they both had anxiety issues. Gabby got physical and he tried to fend her off. Again, I had a similar situation happen so it's very plausible.

In that case, it could have happened again. Only this time he killed her - accidentally or in a moment of rage. He fled - because that's what Brian does. But laughing and smiling doesn't mean that he's a cold blooded killer. It just means he's human - albeit deeply flawed.

There's definitely reason they have changed the date! Something is about to be revealed!

I believe so too. Otherwise there's no reason for the lawyer to make a bizarre and unnecessary statement that makes the Laundries look even worse than they do already.

It can't just be that LE are about to make a statement to the effect of, "We know that the last day the Laundries saw BL was Monday, 13th September even though they said the last day they saw him was Tuesday, 14th September"

It HAS to be something way more significant than that IMO.

Otherwise, it's just a case of the Laundries outing themselves on the date mix-up before LE do, which doesn't really serve any purpose.

MOO

Just saw this:

Brian Laundrie's Sister Says She's 'Angry,' Urges Fugitive Brother to 'Come Forward'
Cassie Laundrie told Good Morning America she would turn her brother in if she knew where he was
By Chris Harris
October 05, 2021 10:42 AM
With her brother Brian Laundrie still missing, his sister Cassie Laundrie has spoken out once again, asking that her fugitive brother turn himself in immediately.
"Just come forward and get us out of this horrible mess," said Cassie, when asked by Good Morning America what she would tell her 23-year-old brother, who hasn't been seen in weeks.

---------------------------------
More here:
Brian Laundrie's Sister Says She's 'Angry,' Urges Fugitive Brother to 'Come Forward'

Last edited:
I think it is a case across the world, in murders of intimate partners, and quite often, also, between people who are associates, or business partners, the main driver being , the victim and the perpetrator know each other, most often intimately, that there is a compulsion to cause facial injuries, of a particular nature.

Some forensic psychiatrists believe this is a matter of battering the person from looking, or seeing the perpetrator, and also, it sometimes happens post mortem, going back to have another moment of defacing someone.

sorry, not a happy subject.

I haven't read about the defacing, but I have read about the intimate perp covering their victim's face. They don't want to see their intimate partner 'looking' at them.

imo

I blew the pic up and it looks quite pronounced. It's too big to post when it's enlarged though.

The colors in the entire picture are off. Look at the difference between the hand color and the arm color of the little boy on the left.

Take a moment, close your eyes and envision Gabby lying dead and BL rifling through her purse looking for cash and credit cards.
Take a moment, close your eyes and envision Gabby lying dead and BL hitchhiking back to the van, sticking her key in the ignition, taking off and leaving her to decompose out in the open.
THAT is the kind of mind we're dealing with.
All of the media reports are starting to bury the lead. There's a possible murderer out and about. One who can keep it cool, play with little boys and wolf down smores while the autopsied, deteriorated remains of the love of his life lie in a morgue. He's not in the Laundrie homestead's attic, so he's among us. That sobering thought should sharpen the focus of our collective vision.
Dates, times, speculation, lies, truths are for a later time.
This guy is on the road.
It honestly scares me. I’ve said from the beginning he could be armed and dangerous. At that time I was considering a danger of desperation, like harming someone to steal their car or hide in their home or steal supplies while on an uncoordinated and amateur run from the police. I thought at that time (and still have a 50/50 belief) that he would be in a devastated mindset after with a lot of conscious regret and worry and fear and distress for what had happened.

The (now 50/50) thought that he could actually be un-empathetic, with the ability to turn off his emotions (if he has them in the first place), makes me fear he could be dangerous in a more intentional way. Harming someone else because of the high of, thus far, “getting away with it.” I don’t want to imagine this. I’d rather imagine him as having cared for Gabby and having a soul and having a lot of sadness about the situation. I want to believe that. But his actions do show a lack of remorse, in my opinion.

(Otherwise, he also could have fled the scene of the crime out of fear and was able to pull himself together enough to play-pretend in front of his family because he knew the stakes were too high. Pretend nothing happened and maybe it won’t come out. Deal with it later in life just move forward “as normal” and try to forget he did that, because he didn’t want to remember. Playing “all is good” doesn’t necessarily discount the presence of negative emotions.).

Regardless, his driving cross-country by himself, remembering her credit card PIN, and vacationing with family and with children with his sister thinking things were “normal” ALL show a level of mental competency. I think that will play against any mental/insanity defense.

And, as you said, him taking her things and leaving her behind, and then acting good and fine after, shows lack of remorse.

And running shows consciousness of guilt.

If Brian is eventually charged and tried for this crime, his manyyy post-crime actions will be used heavily against him.

If he isn’t found and charged / tried, I worry what he could do next.

We simply don’t know if he is sociopathic or if he handles emotions regularly. I hope the latter…..but I fear for the safety of other women in his path if he continues to escape the law. For some people, there is a high that comes with that, and, grossly and unfortunately, with murder.

IMO

ETA: Even if he did have normal-enough emotions previously, life as he knew it is *over* now. And with that comes the person he knew of himself could be *gone* too. The more you hear about yourself in the media as America’s Most Wanted Fugitive, the more you maybe start to play the role. To identify with it. To wonder what else you can do. To have nothing to lose, if you’re careful enough. To have nothing else to do except think about how to continue getting away, and about getting away with future crimes as well. This type of situation can change a person, night and day. If he already had it in him before, I worry the chase could exacerbate that.

Last edited:
and sometimes, there is the motivator that you are destroying the person who sees you most accurately. .. to remove their expression, so to speak.
Excellent point. I posted a few days ago that it is possible that she finally saw the real BL and was horrified, disgusted? Either way, if she saw this man child for what he really is it would have been impossible to hide her change of heart, imo. He would have immediately known. With his deep feelings of inadequacy I think it would have put him in a homicidal rage. Jmo.

He really doesn't. He acts at the behest of his clients. He will give a press conference only when/if the Laundries request he give a press conference.
Fair enough. Is texting the responses normal behavior? Isn’t it weird that they aren’t official responses, but texts that could be sent from anyone?

Yes, I thought I was such a weird morbid person with my thinking!! Because today, i thought about this and how my assumptions about GP's death have all been very common; gunshot, beating, asphyxiation. Then i thought, maybe, there could be unusual things like using the van to run her over, her jumping out of the van during a fight, and hitting her head, suffocation, BL pushing GP off something and moving her. And i say again, is my thinking crazy? MOO

Your thinking is not crazy at all. Jumping on a moving vehicle that someone is trying to leave you with happens. But Brian would have called that in. I just know he would have. Same with jumping out. I bet that sort of thing happened before in frenzied moments of breaking up.

I do not think that happened this time. He snapped and didn't realize the frailty of heads and necks. It was nothing he could call 911 about.

Apologies if this has been addressed already- but there were 46 police/non 911 calls from 9/1 according to news media. Only brief notes attached like resolved. This police department must know the Laundrie’s home and a pattern resulting in so many calls.
I think most of those calls were related to the protestors outside. So far we haven't heard that there were any DV calls during the time Brian and Gabby lived there. I would think the media would search for any previous calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper